Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2011, 10:46 PM   #465
The buzz is palpable now!
 
sportznut02's Arena
 
OVR: 32
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 8,068
Blog Entries: 8
Re: 2012 Recruiting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by justblaze09
It all depends on what Yuri does. 3 of the spots left are tied to a position (2 WRs and a OL). I'm sure if the staff misses on Yuri, they will take Danny.

I wonder what this means for Dymonte Thomas. I hope he isn't dead set on going wherever Bri'onte goes, because if 2 WRs jump on board first (Payton/Darboh), I don't see a spot for Dunn.
Michigan has given out 22 ships for the 2012 class and Michigan may go as high as 28 in this class.

2 Wide Receivers
O`Brien
Diamond
Dunn
Wright or someone like Shettu..... had to take out the i.

As for Dunn I don`t think that OSU has to get hit with major sanctions for him to end up at UM. I am not saying he will end up there but he has been there twice now and plans on making it up for a game. It`s possible they flip him without OSU getting hammered by the NCAA. Thomas will still have a spot in 13 at UM they like just as much on the defensive side of the ball.
sportznut02 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2011, 10:59 PM   #466
Hall Of Fame
 
Psyblast's Arena
 
OVR: 43
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: OS Midwest Office
Posts: 42,499
Re: 2012 Recruiting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportznut02
Michigan has given out 22 ships for the 2012 class and Michigan may go as high as 28 in this class.

2 Wide Receivers
O`Brien
Diamond
Dunn
Wright or someone like Shettu..... had to take out the i.

As for Dunn I don`t think that OSU has to get hit with major sanctions for him to end up at UM. I am not saying he will end up there but he has been there twice now and plans on making it up for a game. It`s possible they flip him without OSU getting hammered by the NCAA. Thomas will still have a spot in 13 at UM they like just as much on the defensive side of the ball.


Aziz isn't coming. Almost a 0% chance he leaves the west coast; same thing for Banner and Garnett.

At the moment, with four slots left, two of them guaranteed to WRs (Darboh and Payton the most likely right now), one guaranteed to another OL (since Banner, Garnett and Peat are very unlikely, looks like we'll be able to wait for Diamond), and one wildcard (Dunn, Wright, O'Brien). I have a hard time seeing them get to 28, it's going to be hard enough getting to 26. But we'll see.
Psyblast is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:24 PM   #467
The buzz is palpable now!
 
sportznut02's Arena
 
OVR: 32
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 8,068
Blog Entries: 8
Re: 2012 Recruiting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportznut02
Michigan has given out 22 ships for the 2012 class and Michigan may go as high as 28 in this class.

2 Wide Receivers
O`Brien
Diamond
Dunn
Wright or someone like Shettu..... had to take out the i.

As for Dunn I don`t think that OSU has to get hit with major sanctions for him to end up at UM. I am not saying he will end up there but he has been there twice now and plans on making it up for a game. It`s possible they flip him without OSU getting hammered by the NCAA. Thomas will still have a spot in 13 at UM they like just as much on the defensive side of the ball.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyblast
Aziz isn't coming. Almost a 0% chance he leaves the west coast; same thing for Banner and Garnett.

At the moment, with four slots left, two of them guaranteed to WRs (Darboh and Payton the most likely right now), one guaranteed to another OL (since Banner, Garnett and Peat are very unlikely, looks like we'll be able to wait for Diamond), and one wildcard (Dunn, Wright, O'Brien). I have a hard time seeing them get to 28, it's going to be hard enough getting to 26. But we'll see.
If they have guys they want bad enough I can see them getting to 28. I put Aziz and Wright on there as a an example of someone they would make room for like they will for O`Brien if he wants to come to Michigan.
sportznut02 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:25 PM   #468
The buzz is palpable now!
 
sportznut02's Arena
 
OVR: 32
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 8,068
Blog Entries: 8
Re: 2012 Recruiting Thread

2011 Michigan recruit Kellen Jones is going to play at Oklahoma now. He will sit out this year as a transfer but will be eligible to play in 2012.
sportznut02 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 12:58 AM   #469
Swaggy Poole
 
justblaze09's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 3,519
Re: 2012 Recruiting Thread

He's actually eligible to play this year seeing:

A) He never stepped foot on campus
B) The school didn't let him come, voiding the LOI.
__________________
Lions, Tigers, Pistons, Michigan

OS Uni Snob Association Member

OS's most random Twitter account: @JustinTrenell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins
White doesn't clash with dark colors. Or most colors. That's the point of white.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordogg24p
I think most of American history would disagree with you on that one.
justblaze09 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:14 AM   #470
Rookie
 
Monroe10's Arena
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Jan 2009
Re: 2012 Recruiting Thread

3-star DT Earl Moore has committed to Miami. Seems like Miami fans are split 50/50 on him.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/miami/footba...l-Moore-108815
__________________
San Francisco Giants | Oakland Raiders | Dallas Mavericks |
Montreal Canadiens | Miami Hurricanes | Kentucky Wildcats

Last edited by Monroe10; 08-15-2011 at 05:19 AM.
Monroe10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:26 PM   #471
Swaggy Poole
 
justblaze09's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 3,519
Re: 2012 Recruiting Thread

Danny O'Brien has a call with the coaching staff today. Hopefully they tell him there is still a spot for him.
__________________
Lions, Tigers, Pistons, Michigan

OS Uni Snob Association Member

OS's most random Twitter account: @JustinTrenell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins
White doesn't clash with dark colors. Or most colors. That's the point of white.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordogg24p
I think most of American history would disagree with you on that one.
justblaze09 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2011, 03:28 PM   #472
MVP
 
lonewolf371's Arena
 
OVR: 14
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 3,421
Re: 2012 Recruiting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by justblaze09
Danny O'Brien has a call with the coaching staff today. Hopefully they tell him there is still a spot for him.
The more big guys we get, the happier I am. I don't care so much for wide receivers and running backs, but linemen make me really happy.
__________________
NFL: Indianapolis Colts (12-6)
NBA: Indiana Pacers (42-13)
MLB: Cincinnati Reds (0-0)
NHL: Detroit Red Wings (26-20-12)
NCAA: Purdue Boilermakers (FB: 1-11, BB: 15-12), Michigan Wolverines (FB: 7-6, BB: 19-7, H: 15-10-3)
lonewolf371 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:23 PM.

Top -