Home

Old 12-14-2011, 02:48 PM   #753
The Predator

Sportsbuck's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: 2012 Recruiting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaxican8504
We heard the same thing when he was piling up power backs at Florida. They never saw the field.
Because he had Tebow as a glorified fullback running the iso... and when he did have a power RB (DeShawn Wynn) he just happened to lead the team in rushing both years he was there. Shoot, in 2006 he pretty much ran his offense with two power backs in Wynn and Tebow with very good success on the ground.

After Wynn graduated, he didn't really have a power threat in the backfield besides Tebow... and pounded him as much as possible. He finally brought in a power back in Mack Brown, but wasn't around to see how that panned out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM Punk
Why, it's not like Urban will utilize him.
ZM I like you, but you're off on this one. Urban has a history of tailoring his offense to his personnel, and does whatever he can to get them the ball as much as possible. If Brionte earns PT, Urban will utilize as best he can with isos, off-tackle powers, etc.

If you haven't already, take a gander at what Ross and the guys wrote up about Meyer's offense at Alongtheolentangy.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:20 PM   #754
Banned

OVR: 18

The coward has never stayed in one spot long enough to have a history of anything.

Dunn is clearly a moron to buy anything a gutless liar like Meyer was selling. I wish him nothing but the worst.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:25 PM   #755
The Predator

Sportsbuck's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sven
The coward has never stayed in one spot long enough to have a history of anything.

Dunn is clearly a moron to buy anything a gutless liar like Meyer was selling. I wish him nothing but the worst.
I'm just saying here... Hoke and company sold recruits on how Ohio State was going to get hit with a multi-year bowl ban, TV ban, massive scholarship losses, etc, so you may want to hold up there.

To wish a 17-18 year old kid nothing but the worst because he decided to do what he thinks is best for him is absolutely ridiculous, and downright shameful.

Last edited by Sportsbuck; 12-14-2011 at 03:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2011, 03:50 PM   #756
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:

That comment about Dunn isn't needed.

Didn't think I'd see Michigan fans acting like this about a player deciding to commit elsewhere.

My Video Game Streams
Old 12-14-2011, 04:34 PM   #757
We Spent Some Money!

ZM Punk's Arena

OVR: 32
I just know he has never had a 1,000 yard rusher at running back and seems to much prefer speed backs over power backs. That much has been established over the years. I don't blame Dunn for going to the school that he loves. But let's be real here, Urban was going to tell Dunn whatever he needed to hear to keep from losing a star instate commit to Michigan in his first month at the helm.

This was about a whole lot more than Dunn the player. The dude followed his heart and I respect that but I think he made a big mistake in regards to his future.

Adolphus Washington-Ohio State Freshman

Last edited by ZM Punk; 12-14-2011 at 04:37 PM.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:36 PM   #758
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

I'm a Michigan fan, but calling a 17-18 year old kid a 'moron' is totally uncalled for and classless...as is hoping him nothing but the worst. The kid followed his heart, and if that be at Ohio, than so be it. There's lots of recruits left on Hoke's board, and I would assume there may be a new name or two added over the next few weeks.

With that being said, I think he really would be utilized better at Michigan. Time will tell.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:42 PM   #759
We Spent Some Money!

ZM Punk's Arena

OVR: 32
Quote:

The kid is playing at his dream school nothing wrong with following your heart. Should never grill a kid for doing that.

Adolphus Washington-Ohio State Freshman
Old 12-14-2011, 04:55 PM   #760
The Predator

Sportsbuck's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM Punk
I just know he has never had a 1,000 yard rusher at running back and seems to much prefer speed backs over power backs. That much has been established over the years.
Fair point on the 1,000 yard rusher, but to be fair he was never able to land a power back at Florida (Outside of Mack Brown who came in after his first retirement). He went after guys like Stafon Johnson, Charles Scott, Ben Tate, Brandon Minor, Javarris James, Trent Richardson, but just wasn't able to land one until Brown, and obviously isn't around to use him.

Tebow was pretty much his power back when he was there, besides DeShawyn Wynn of course.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »