Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2020, 07:23 PM   #7873
Fear is the Unknown
 
jeebs9's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 32,623
Re: College Football Off Topic

Yeah listening to the reason why OSU is still number 4 is total BS
__________________
Hands Down....Man Down - 2k9 memories
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IHP_5GUBQo
jeebs9 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 07:49 PM   #7874
Moderator
 
kehlis's Arena
 
OVR: 41
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 26,421
Re: College Football Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Yeah listening to the reason why OSU is still number 4 is total BS
I wasn't watching so I don't know what was said but if they were 4 last week I don't see any reason they could leap anyone in front of them.
kehlis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 07:58 PM   #7875
All Star
 
Tovarich's Arena
 
OVR: 26
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Arizona
Re: College Football Off Topic

Sounds like the Old Oaken Bucket is in doubt. Maybe Purdue will agree to play Ohio State. Or there's Kent State. It'd be something at least.
Tovarich is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2020, 09:20 PM   #7876
Fear is the Unknown
 
jeebs9's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 32,623
Re: College Football Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I wasn't watching so I don't know what was said but if they were 4 last week I don't see any reason they could leap anyone in front of them.
No not leap anyone. Why are they still number 4? I did see an argument that if FL beats Alabama. That would open the door for Florida or Texas A&M. I guess what I'm saying is. Their basically saying OSU is number 4 even though I just don't see how with who they have played already. Indiana? Besides that who else have they played. I don't get it. I guess.
__________________
Hands Down....Man Down - 2k9 memories
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IHP_5GUBQo
jeebs9 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 09:31 PM   #7877
Moderator
 
kehlis's Arena
 
OVR: 41
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 26,421
Re: College Football Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
No not leap anyone. Why are they still number 4? I did see an argument that if FL beats Alabama. That would open the door for Florida or Texas A&M. I guess what I'm saying is. Their basically saying OSU is number 4 even though I just don't see how with who they have played already. Indiana? Besides that who else have they played. I don't get it. I guess.
Either way, the precedent was pretty much set. You can't drop them after what they did this last weekend. It's not really their fault who they've played (or haven't) especially in a year like this.
kehlis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 11:00 PM   #7878
The future...
 
Sportsforever's Arena
 
OVR: 23
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 19,052
Re: College Football Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Either way, the precedent was pretty much set. You can't drop them after what they did this last weekend. It's not really their fault who they've played (or haven't) especially in a year like this.
I get that it isn't their fault, but the fact is they haven't done as much on the field as other teams; they don't deserve to be in the playoff.
__________________
"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." - Rogers Hornsby
Sportsforever is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 12:15 AM   #7879
Fear is the Unknown
 
jeebs9's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 32,623
Re: College Football Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
I get that it isn't their fault, but the fact is they haven't done as much on the field as other teams; they don't deserve to be in the playoff.
That's exactly what I'm saying. Now if you told me they win the big 10 championship and beat anther ranked team. But they haven't yet. Which is where I'm lost. How did they out rank these others teams? (From the get go)
__________________
Hands Down....Man Down - 2k9 memories
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IHP_5GUBQo
jeebs9 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 08:28 AM   #7880
MVP
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: Jul 2009
Re: College Football Off Topic

Ya. I think they are one of the best 4 teams, but they have played the equivalent of the first week in October. Clemson didn't lose their first game until game 8. Even if OSU gets into the conference championship game, they will still be 2 short on that.

Teams are punished all the time for things out of their control. Cincy is undefeated at 8-0 and they aren't even being discussed in the conversation because they haven't played anyone, which osu's schedule isn't much better in that regard.

Sent from my S10 using Operation Sports mobile app
__________________
Go Braves!

PS3 ID: Affyy
My Overwatch Profile
KSUowls is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:22 PM.

Top -