Home

College Football Off Topic

This is a discussion on College Football Off Topic within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2018, 08:26 PM   #6281
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: College Football Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighoff
Vance Bedford is a very popular choice on the message boards.
I'd take Bedford.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2018, 10:23 AM   #6282
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

OVR: 9

Well good to see a lot of the Florida suspended players got reinstated especially Scarlett. Kid was gonna he our best back hands down last year ....

Most aren’t happy about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-26-2018, 06:43 PM   #6283
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Not at all surprised that problems at MSU run this deep in light of how, even before this Nassar thing blew up, they've been shady as balls. You can't really stop predators from doing predatory things, but the institutionalization of deceit, outright lies, foot-dragging, and so forth is despicable. Hopefully the next time a Sandusky or Nassar rises to a position of power, there isn't a Joe Paterno or a Lou Anna Simon there to enable them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPN article
Over the past three years, MSU has three times fought in court -- unsuccessfully -- to withhold names of athletes in campus police records. The school has also deleted so much information from some incident reports that they were nearly unreadable. In circumstances in which administrators have commissioned internal examinations to review how they have handled certain sexual violence complaints, officials have been selective in releasing information publicly. In one case, a university-hired outside investigator claimed to have not even generated a written report at the conclusion of his work. And attorneys who have represented accusers and the accused agree on this: University officials have not always been transparent, and often put the school's reputation above the need to give fair treatment to those reporting sexual violence and to the alleged perpetrators.

Even MSU's most-recognizable figures, football coach Mark Dantonio and basketball coach Tom Izzo, have had incidents involving their programs, Outside the Lines has found.

Since Dantonio's tenure began in 2007, at least 16 MSU football players have been accused of sexual assault or violence against women, according to interviews and public records obtained by Outside the Lines. Even more, Dantonio was said to be involved in handling the discipline in at least one of the cases several years ago. As recently as June, Dantonio faced a crowd of reporters who were asking questions about four of his football players who had been accused of sexual assault. Six questions in, a reporter asked Dantonio how he had handled such allegations previously.

"This is new ground for us," Dantonio answered. "We've been here 11 years -- it has not happened previously."
http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/...ssar-case-espn
Old 01-26-2018, 08:18 PM   #6284
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Not at all surprised that problems at MSU run this deep in light of how, even before this Nassar thing blew up, they've been shady as balls. You can't really stop predators from doing predatory things, but the institutionalization of deceit, outright lies, foot-dragging, and so forth is despicable. Hopefully the next time a Sandusky or Nassar rises to a position of power, there isn't a Joe Paterno or a Lou Anna Simon there to enable them.

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/...ssar-case-espn
On the level of Penn State and Baylor. I imagine Narduzzi is also going to get questions from local Pittsburgh media about his time with MSU.

PSN: BigGreenZaku

Old 01-26-2018, 09:09 PM   #6285
CC
MVP

CC's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm in no way advocating the alleged athlete sexual assaults, but you guys are in denial if you think this kind of stuff doesn't happen at your school too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2018, 09:13 PM   #6286
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC
I'm in no way advocating the alleged athlete sexual assaults, but you guys are in denial if you think this kind of stuff doesn't happen at your school too.
Nah, man. This is real bad. Of course sexual assaults happen at every school, which is absolutely awful.

But this Michigan State stuff is another level. There's no other way to put it.
Old 01-26-2018, 09:14 PM   #6287
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Even if MSU gets the death penalty, I don't see how this will curb other schools from preventing this behavior...if nothing else, it will strike further fear and motivation to keep it quiet.

The NCAA will not do anything to fix this; it's an issue with the mindset in collegiate athletic departments...do the right thing or pay the person off and/or keep it quiet so as to continue to rake in revenue?
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Old 01-26-2018, 09:25 PM   #6288
CC
MVP

CC's Arena

OVR: 23

I actually knew about the stuff from 2010 with the basketball team, I knew of a lot of other things (non criminal) about the 2010 freshman. I lived in the same dorm freshman year.

I'm just saying any major college athletic program has its skeletons. Major college athletics are a cesspool. But let's hold off on crucifying Dantonio. Literally every incident in ESPNs report had already been reported about when it happened. Obviously, ESPN just trying to slander the names of good people by trying to link them to that creep Nassar for their own gains. If it turns out he did enable and hide sexual assaults or whatever (extremely doubtful), I don't think anyone could stand by him.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited by CC; 01-26-2018 at 10:12 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »