Home

The Big 12 is a disaster

This is a discussion on The Big 12 is a disaster within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2016, 11:19 AM   #9
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: The Big 12 is a disaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
I've heard Houston & Memphis are in the mix, & UCF as a third option.

But the I can definitely agree the Big 12 is a disaster. It's so bad I could see how some fans might pine for the days of the old SWC. Which is like hearing my grandad talk about the good old days in the 1930's, & then realising we were in the midst of The Great Depression lol
I think they need to grab a travel partner for West Virginia.

I'm surprised they aren't looking to expand by more than 2 teams, and get up to 14.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-07-2016, 08:35 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0

The Big 12 screwed up when they didn't grab Louisville when they had the chance. Had they done that, they would be in a far better position to pick up teams, including from the ACC.

But the Big 12 assumed Louisville would always be there and tried luring FSU and Clemson first. That backfired when the ACC grabbed Louisville and locked up FSU and Clemson with the Grant of rights deal.

There just aren't good options to expand. But really, they don't need to. Each Big 12 school is getting paid similar similar sums t what the SEC schools are getting. It's less money overall, but it is fewer schools sharing it.

The SEC has diluted itself into becoming less and less must see football. Mizzou sees Alabama come to Columbia once every TWELVE YEARS. That is a joke. Fourteen team leagues are horrible for scheduling.

I do agree that the Big 12 should not do the championship game. They have a round robin schedule now. There rare great games between great teams every week.

The first year of the playoffs, when the Big 12 got shut out, they were also damn close to getting two teams in. Things didn't go their way, but it wasn't a lack of a championship game, the same way it didn't hurt them last season.

I think the Big 12 should just stay at 10, and forget the championship game. Schools are getting paid, and there are great schedules. And basketball is even better.
Old 06-08-2016, 11:26 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Nobody really knows, every "source" says something different, but if expansion happens, sounds to me like Cincy is closest to being a definite, and then UConn, BYU, Houston the main schools being talked about to get them to 12, and Memphis and UCF also getting mentioned but seem less likely.

But all the schools have different priorities as far as whether they even want expansion, and what schools they'd prefer, so really anything can happen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2016, 12:52 PM   #12
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets
Nobody really knows, every "source" says something different, but if expansion happens, sounds to me like Cincy is closest to being a definite, and then UConn, BYU, Houston the main schools being talked about to get them to 12, and Memphis and UCF also getting mentioned but seem less likely.

But all the schools have different priorities as far as whether they even want expansion, and what schools they'd prefer, so really anything can happen.
Yep. I've seen someone mention UConn as the top preference with Cincy second and UCF as the third option. And Memphis seemed like a lock not long ago.
Old 06-30-2016, 06:07 AM   #13
Rookie

LastExit's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVinylHippo
As a Texas fan, I agree on the Pac-12 move. That was a prime opportunity. I thought we should've left then and I still do. Our administration has mucked up a lot of situations.
Texas was not willing to give up the Longhorn network...that is what doomed the move a few years ago.

If anything Texas will become an independent like Notre Dame which has it's own TV deal. Texas will only go to another conference if they are willing to give up the LHN. This is what is keeping the Big 12 from having it's own network right now.
Old 06-30-2016, 06:10 AM   #14
Rookie

LastExit's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet
Yep. I've seen someone mention UConn as the top preference with Cincy second and UCF as the third option. And Memphis seemed like a lock not long ago.
I don't see UConn getting an invite - they would be a nice addition for basketball but they haven't shown the commitment to their football program that the conference would want. Houston or BYU has a better shot. Besides, if the rest of the conference thinks WVU is out on an island wait until they would have to travel to Storrs.
Old 06-30-2016, 04:54 PM   #15
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
Didn't the creation of the Longhorn Network start the exodus of teams to the SEC/Pac-10?
There were a few factors.

The main factor was probably money. TAMU and Mizzou made more money when they moved to the SEC. The aggys will probably be the perpetual doormat in the SEC west but at least they will make more money.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2016, 08:33 AM   #16
Rookie

with the ACC doing a grant of rights through 2036 today, no chance Florida State comes over. Big 12 will have to fill up with Cincy and Memphis I believe.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »