Home

Week Six Discussion

This is a discussion on Week Six Discussion within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2016, 10:07 PM   #25
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Week Six Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
Why would they "move" the game?

Because there is a ****ING HURRICANE coming to Florida?

Don't kid yourself, the SEC isn't going to pay either school to cancel their non-conference games because they care more about their bottom line than they care about a cross-division game.

And if it's such a big deal, then why is Florida so insistent on playing this game and taking away first responders and police from the post-hurricane effort?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@AdamdotH
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2016, 10:11 PM   #26
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson
Because there is a ****ING HURRICANE coming to Florida?

Don't kid yourself, the SEC isn't going to pay either school to cancel their non-conference games because they care more about their bottom line than they care about a cross-division game.

And if it's such a big deal, then why is Florida so insistent on playing this game and taking away first responders and police from the post-hurricane effort?

Florida isn't going to play the game if it isn't safe...period. They have also discussed pushing the kickoff back to Saturday night. Why do you think it's not a big deal to shift the game location? If given the option of pushing the game back or playing at LSU, I'd push the game back. BTW - what I read earlier today said that it was the conference office that had approached the schools about the November 19th date. Could be wrong, but that wouldn't surprise me at all...
Old 10-05-2016, 10:17 PM   #27
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

Quote:
Florida isn't going to play the game if it isn't safe...period. They have also discussed pushing the kickoff back to Saturday night. Why do you think it's not a big deal to shift the game location? If given the option of pushing the game back or playing at LSU, I'd push the game back. BTW - what I read earlier today said that it was the conference office that had approached the schools about the November 19th date. Could be wrong, but that wouldn't surprise me at all...
Florida wouldn't be in a situation to cancel the game if they had just decided to move the game to Birmingham. They shouldn't have to have both teams waiting out a god damn hurricane.

LSU isn't canceling a non-con game because Florida was too boneheaded to get out of the way of a hurricane.

I'm not sure how many hurricanes you've been through but an extra eight hours isn't going to make a world of difference if Gainesville gets hit like the projections have it getting hit.

@AdamdotH
Old 10-05-2016, 10:21 PM   #28
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson
Florida wouldn't be in a situation to cancel the game if they had just decided to move the game to Birmingham. They shouldn't have to have both teams waiting out a god damn hurricane.

LSU isn't canceling a non-con game because Florida was too boneheaded to get out of the way of a hurricane.

I'm not sure how many hurricanes you've been through but an extra eight hours isn't going to make a world of difference if Gainesville gets hit like the projections have it getting hit.

I grew up in Florida...have been through more hurricanes than I can count. The hurricane wasn't an issue until today when it's track headed more west. Not sure what you wanted them to do. BTW - I also read that LSU balked at hosting the game, stating that they didn't think they could pull it off with such short notice (that came direct from the LSU school president), so it isn't like LSU has begged them to come to Baton Rouge and Florida is just saying not happening. I just don't see this as being a huge deal...if they have to move it back, so be it. If the hurricane doesn't hit directly/isn't as bad as they think it will be, they can play.
Old 10-05-2016, 10:34 PM   #29
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

Quote:
I grew up in Florida...have been through more hurricanes than I can count. The hurricane wasn't an issue until today when it's track headed more west. Not sure what you wanted them to do. BTW - I also read that LSU balked at hosting the game, stating that they didn't think they could pull it off with such short notice (that came direct from the LSU school president), so it isn't like LSU has begged them to come to Baton Rouge and Florida is just saying not happening. I just don't see this as being a huge deal...if they have to move it back, so be it. If the hurricane doesn't hit directly/isn't as bad as they think it will be, they can play.
The hurricane was projected to effect Gainesville yesterday and today, with all the information at hand, they made a decision at four today.

As somebody who works for athletic facilities, if LSU was going to host this game work needed to begin today. Florida sat and waited until 4:00 PM for information that they knew wasn't going to change. F. King Alexander said LSU couldn't host because Florida sat on the ball too long to let us host. And they still didn't come up with a final decision. LSU did not balk at hosting the game, I assure you they would have turned the stadium around and donate any profits to Florida, just like they did for South Carolina last year had Florida turned around and given LSU a timely answer.

@AdamdotH
Old 10-06-2016, 12:26 PM   #30

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Just pushing the game back seems like the most logical thing to me.
Old 10-06-2016, 03:55 PM   #31
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Game has been cancelled. SEC says maybe on a makeup date, but nothing set in stone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2016, 04:51 PM   #32
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

**** Florida. LSU put Tiger Stadium on the table with proceeds going to UF, and offered up the team plane and buses. LSU wanted to get this done. Florida didn't want to play this game, that much is obvious at this point.

If either team wins out and has a shot at Atlanta, LSU has to cancel their senior night (MY senior night) against South Alabama because Florida was so irresponsible that they had to push a decision back and back to the point where this was the only option. **** that, this is on Foley and Florida.

And then the man has the balls to tell bold faced lies like LSU has not offered to host the game in BR and that the hurricane "was not a concern until this morning." He really said that.

Florida just pulled off an insurance scam and wasn't even discreet about it. **** them.

If they wanted to cancel the game because of the hurricane, I more than anybody else understand. But Florida made it clear that they wanted a home game more.

@AdamdotH

Last edited by Watson; 10-06-2016 at 04:55 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »