Home

Week 14/Conference Championship Discussion

This is a discussion on Week 14/Conference Championship Discussion within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2017, 08:00 AM   #433
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Week 14/Conference Championship Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDofBA
Technically you’re correct but in the eyes of most fans, they still consider the Fiesta more prestigious.

In other words, I would rather goto the Fiesta Bowl than the Cotton BOWL.

SEC fans should chime in. Do you guys consider the Peach Bowl to be on par with the Sugar BOWL?

Cotton and Peach still seem second tier to me.
No, but I do enjoy the Peach Bowl and I'm glad it's gotten a bolster in prestige. It's just the Sugar Bowl is so much better due to location and timing. I may be biased about that but I feel pretty confident saying that would wind up being the general consensus around SEC fans.

The Florida bowls, though...

@AdamdotH
Old 12-07-2017, 12:16 AM   #434
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

I’m old enough to remember when the Cotton Bowl was one of the big four with the Rose, Sugar and Orange. I’m glad to see the Cotton get some of that prestige back with the move to Jerry World.

Rose will always be the most prestigious to me. Sugar is next. Orange, Fiesta and Cotton are about equal to me with Peach a step or two behind. The new stadium should help raise the profile of the Peach.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:16 AM   #435
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
I’m old enough to remember when the Cotton Bowl was one of the big four with the Rose, Sugar and Orange. I’m glad to see the Cotton get some of that prestige back with the move to Jerry World.

Rose will always be the most prestigious to me. Sugar is next. Orange, Fiesta and Cotton are about equal to me with Peach a step or two behind. The new stadium should help raise the profile of the Peach.
I agree about the Cotton Bowl. It used to have tie-ins to the SWC, so you saw a lot of Texas, Nebraska, Arkansas, SMU, etc. It really did feel like a big game, so glad it has moved back up the list.

Personally, I hate how a lot of the bowls have names that are merely sponsorships (The Belk Bowl?)...growing up every bowl had a name that was cool: The Gator Bowl, the Peach Bowl, the Tangerine Bowl, the Copper Bowl, the Independence Bowl, etc. The first one I can recall that had a corporate sponsorship name was the "Blockbuster Bowl" and it's gone downhill since then.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »