Home

Week Zero Discussion

This is a discussion on Week Zero Discussion within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2019, 02:31 AM   #89
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Week Zero Discussion

after awhile the pressure on Williams was cringeworthy

the first drive was scripted very well, after that Florida made adjustments and Miami had nothing

every single time this dude dropped back in the 2nd half he was scrambling for his life

that's why the playcalling on Miami's end got so conservative, they couldn't block for ****, and whatever blitz package Florida threw at them, it worked every time
Old 08-25-2019, 01:14 PM   #90
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3ulvl
after awhile the pressure on Williams was cringeworthy

the first drive was scripted very well, after that Florida made adjustments and Miami had nothing

every single time this dude dropped back in the 2nd half he was scrambling for his life

that's why the playcalling on Miami's end got so conservative, they couldn't block for ****, and whatever blitz package Florida threw at them, it worked every time
I was impressed Enos was able to get what he did from the offense with how bad the tackles played. Williams also played well. He held onto the ball too much a couple of times, but he was pressured all night, never made a dangerous throw, and when he did throw it it was usually on the money. There were a few drops that hurt, especially the one that Thomas dropped that would have put Miami up 10 points in the 3rd quarter.

It sucks to lose to Florida, but I am feeling pretty good today after that game because it didn't feel like the team was out coached. If the teams switched OL's I think Miami wins by 10ish. I think if Miami has a competent OL at all last night then Miami probably wins as well. Miami was right there in it at the end despite having some of the worst OL play you'll ever see. I want to see if they can somehow get this OL playing better moving forward. If they can then Miami will probably be alright.

― Plato
Old 08-25-2019, 01:26 PM   #91
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17

This was one of the strangest games I ever watched. I was dumbfounded for so many plays.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2019, 05:13 PM   #92
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I was impressed Enos was able to get what he did from the offense with how bad the tackles played. Williams also played well. He held onto the ball too much a couple of times, but he was pressured all night, never made a dangerous throw, and when he did throw it it was usually on the money. There were a few drops that hurt, especially the one that Thomas dropped that would have put Miami up 10 points in the 3rd quarter.

It sucks to lose to Florida, but I am feeling pretty good today after that game because it didn't feel like the team was out coached. If the teams switched OL's I think Miami wins by 10ish. I think if Miami has a competent OL at all last night then Miami probably wins as well. Miami was right there in it at the end despite having some of the worst OL play you'll ever see. I want to see if they can somehow get this OL playing better moving forward. If they can then Miami will probably be alright.
Not sure the OL will get better. Honestly I was having flashbacks to FSU's OL last year.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2019, 09:35 PM   #93
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

They may not get better. We will see. Neither guy should be out there playing at the tackle spot, but they have to because Richt and Searles didn't recruit the OL well at all and completely neglected the tackle position. Miami has a bye week next week so they have two weeks to watch film and learn from their mistakes. Nelson played poor, but he played better than Campbell. He's a true freshman so I have more faith in him to make a jump as that tends to happen with true freshmen. He could not make the jump and be garbage his whole career here. What's obvious is that if Miami's OL plays like they did last night then it's probably another 8-4 type of season. If they can get the OL to be serviceable then they probably win 10+ because the defense is more than likely going to be close to elite once again and the new punter can actually kick the ball a good enough distance.

The three freshmen on offense all got their first game out of the way. Usually the time between game 1 and game 2 is when those players and the entire team grow the most all season. UNC isn't going to have the athletes on defense Florida did, but we should get some idea if any progression happened or not.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »