Home

Any collectors of Riddell pocket pro helmets on here?

This is a discussion on Any collectors of Riddell pocket pro helmets on here? within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2014, 10:40 PM   #1
Rookie

Votto4MVP's Arena

OVR: 1
Any collectors of Riddell pocket pro helmets on here?

Hey everybody, I was just wondering if any of you collect Riddell NCAA Pocket Pro helmets. If so, we could all discuss and compare collections here, as I was unable to find any current threads on any forum on this topic.

I have a few conferences from the traditional helmet days before the Revolution series, but got into collecting a bit more after the Revolutions came out.

Unfortunately for me, I didn't get the MWC, Big East and C-USA when they could all be had for under $20, and as a result, I am now doomed to search ebay night and day. (although I did get lucky with a few individual helmets)

Also, feel free to share any custom helmets you may have done.

Hoping there are still some of you out there!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2014, 06:15 PM   #2
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Any collectors of Riddell pocket pro helmets on here?

The above is a mix of factory produced and customs (some from ebay, some DIY). Off screen to the right I have full set of NFL helmets as well.
Old 05-25-2014, 07:34 PM   #3
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan

The above is a mix of factory produced and customs (some from ebay, some DIY). Off screen to the right I have full set of NFL helmets as well.
That is such a beautiful sight.
Old 05-26-2014, 02:12 AM   #4
MVP

SpartyParty11's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:

That case wouldn't be able to fit all of Oregon's helmets
However, great collection. I only have the Big 10, before they got Nebraska. I used to have the MAC helmets but I believe I stored them away somewhere

Michigan State Spartans
Oregon Ducks
Miami Hurricanes
Wake Forest Demon Deacons
Central Michigan Chippewas (College I'm Attending)
Old 05-27-2014, 12:36 AM   #5
Rookie

Votto4MVP's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfins
That is such a beautiful sight.
ditto that.

coogrfan, what kind of finish did you use on your helmets? i like the gloss.

As for my collection, I have all the common major conferences (ACC, B10, Big 12, Pac 12, SEC) plus a couple random Big East helmets I was lucky to find. (Cincinnati, Louisville, USF)

I'm excited for the new sets this year, especially with Rutgers coming to the B10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2014, 12:43 PM   #6
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

you guys should get the Boise State helmet. The black,white, or blue are one of my favorites.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:53 PM   #7
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Votto4MVP
coogrfan, what kind of finish did you use on your helmets? i like the gloss.
My gloss coat of choice is a wonderful self leveling acrylic floor finish that has been on the market for decades under various names ("Future" became "Pledge with Future Shine" then "Pledge Vinyl and Tile Floor Finish with Future Shine" and finally it's current incarnation "Pledge Floor Care Multi-surface Finish".).

Scale modelers use it to make clear parts look thinner and clearer and as a gloss coat prior to applying decals. The current packaging looks like this:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pledge-Flo...fl-oz/15136693

Note that Johnson in their wisdom has chosen to market several floor care products with very similar looking packaging but wildly different formulas (i.e. non-acrylic). Be sure you get the right one!

Pour some in a container deep enough to submerge the helmet. Remove the facemask. Using tweezers, grasp the helmet by the nose bumper and dip it until it's completely covered, then slowly lift it out allowing the excess to drip off. Place the helmet on a paper towel to wick away any remaining excess and cover it so that no dust settles on it while it's drying (I use a large coffee cup). It should be dry to the touch within 30-60 mins.

Last edited by coogrfan; 05-27-2014 at 03:00 PM.
Old 05-27-2014, 07:18 PM   #8
Rookie

Votto4MVP's Arena

Quote:
My gloss coat of choice is a wonderful self leveling acrylic floor finish that has been on the market for decades under various names ("Future" became "Pledge with Future Shine" then "Pledge Vinyl and Tile Floor Finish with Future Shine" and finally it's current incarnation "Pledge Floor Care Multi-surface Finish".).

Scale modelers use it to make clear parts look thinner and clearer and as a gloss coat prior to applying decals. The current packaging looks like this:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pledge-Flo...fl-oz/15136693

Note that Johnson in their wisdom has chosen to market several floor care products with very similar looking packaging but wildly different formulas (i.e. non-acrylic). Be sure you get the right one!

Pour some in a container deep enough to submerge the helmet. Remove the facemask. Using tweezers, grasp the helmet by the nose bumper and dip it until it's completely covered, then slowly lift it out allowing the excess to drip off. Place the helmet on a paper towel to wick away any remaining excess and cover it so that no dust settles on it while it's drying (I use a large coffee cup). It should be dry to the touch within 30-60 mins.
thank you! For both the recommendation, and the clear directions. Think I'll try it out when I have time, on one of my duplicate helmets, before trying it on one of my customs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »