Home

College football playoff

This is a discussion on College football playoff within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2021, 09:36 PM   #33
The Lord of #Hashtags

legendkiller5's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: College football playoff

Justin Fields. Amazing.
Old 01-01-2021, 09:47 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Its been many years since I've followed college football, is Clemson usually as poorly disciplined as they look today?

They over-pursue constantly, seem confused on most plays, missing tackles left and right, etc

They're also short two players for targeting. Is getting DQ'd for that fairly common now or is this a Clemson problem?
Old 01-01-2021, 09:51 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendkiller5
Justin Fields. Amazing.
Yeah but they need to get him out of there. Feel like he is hurt in a way that could result in him getting seriously injured
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2021, 10:03 PM   #36
The Predator

Sportsbuck's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Its been many years since I've followed college football, is Clemson usually as poorly disciplined as they look today?

They over-pursue constantly, seem confused on most plays, missing tackles left and right, etc

They're also short two players for targeting. Is getting DQ'd for that fairly common now or is this a Clemson problem?
Their defense is heavily reliant on adjusting to the offense pre-snap. Ohio State has done a good job of mixing tempo and motions/shifts to confuse them and not allow them to get reset like they want.
Old 01-01-2021, 10:05 PM   #37
The Predator

Sportsbuck's Arena

I believed we had the advantage in the trenches which would be big. I also thought this game would come down to how much our back 7 could slow down Lawrence and which version of Fields showed up: the guy who looked like he’d win the Heisman the first 3 games or the guy who threw 5 picks and looked mediocre against Indiana and NW.

I did not in a million years expect that first half. Fields’ toughness is unquestioned. All things considered, arguably the greatest half by a Buckeye I’ve seen.

Clemson‘a going to come out swinging and make the 2nd half a dogfight. Wouldn’t have it any other way. Let’s keep it going
Old 01-01-2021, 10:07 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsbuck
Their defense is heavily reliant on adjusting to the offense pre-snap. Ohio State has done a good job of mixing tempo and motions/shifts to confuse them and not allow them to get reset like they want.
I did notice that Ohio State is snapping the ball quickly and using some quick motion.
But even with that smart gameplan, Clemson just looks lost and soft. 3rd and 9 and OSU calls a run play to convert the 1st down. Feels like that is all we need to know
Old 01-01-2021, 10:08 PM   #39
The Lord of #Hashtags

legendkiller5's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsbuck
That and they were without their "coach" in the secondary for the first half due to a previous targeting penalty and now they're down their "coach" of their front seven. It was clear they've had issues since the 3rd play of the first drive of the game.

However, I'm so impressed with how Ohio State has played and I think the hit/injury/response by Fields has given this team even more energy and juice.
Old 01-01-2021, 10:11 PM   #40
The Predator

Sportsbuck's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I did notice that Ohio State is snapping the ball quickly and using some quick motion.
But even with that smart gameplan, Clemson just looks lost and soft. 3rd and 9 and OSU calls a run play to convert the 1st down. Feels like that is all we need to know
To be fair, Clemson had the same issues against us in the first half last year. We just didn’t capitalize in the red zone and settled for 3 FG’s. They adjusted last year and I expect them to try similar things now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »