Home

(1) Alabama vs. (4) Cincinnati, (2) Michigan vs. (3) Georgia

This is a discussion on (1) Alabama vs. (4) Cincinnati, (2) Michigan vs. (3) Georgia within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2022, 01:48 AM   #65
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: (1) Alabama vs. (4) Cincinnati, (2) Michigan vs. (3) Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls
Targeting strikes again.

A backup getting his first shot in a semi-final playoff game is out after basically 1 play because he couldn't quite get his helmet off to the side.

that one was weird to me, I get the "letter of the law", but damn, the defender put his helmet into the chest of the player, and made a solid hit, separating man from ball, you can't even use the crown of your helmet to hit the chest? yeesh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2022, 02:06 AM   #66
All Star

OVR: 8

Yeah it's crazy. I get the rule is intended to protect the defender there, because that is a dangerous hit when the neck gets compressed. It just really sucks that some kid missed out on his 1 opportunity to play in, in what may end up being one of the biggest games of his life, just because he didn't line himself up perfectly in the split second he had to make contact.

I wish they would make targeting like a yellow card in soccer. Let the first one be a warning and have it follow you for like 6 games. If you get another targeting call at any point while you're carrying that first warning, only then is it an ejection. I think that would still allow you to remove those hits from the game, as much as possible, without overly penalizing a kid to the point that you take away his very limited college eligibility for just 1 mistake.
Old 01-01-2022, 02:43 AM   #67
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Douglass
Yeah, I just feel like the Big 10 very badly needs Ohio State in these games. The only other Big Ten teams to have made it to the playoffs have both been humiliated by the SEC.

I don't even know what to say to this lol, how can I argue? I watched the game myself saying "don't get embarrassed, don't get embarrassed"

there's only one B1G team that hasn't been embarrassed, and it's .... ugh

edit: even in a year when Michigan finally beats OSU, they still lose

Last edited by l3ulvl; 01-01-2022 at 02:47 AM.
Old 01-01-2022, 03:33 AM   #68
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarich
Sorry people who want to expand, but we've had this for eight years and we've had three good semifinal games
It would create more excitement for the earlier rounds, like March madness is. The top teams are just better and the SEC has really been spending money the last few years in recruits and it is only going to get worse with NIL.

Big Ten has enough money to complete with the SEC but they just don't recruit and deliver bags like the SEC does.

If anyone outside of the SEC is going to compete, all the dark money is going to have to be brought into the open and some type of cap for paying players.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
Old 01-01-2022, 06:25 AM   #69
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
BAMA vs. UGA II

UGA vs. BAMA II -

hard to beat a team twice in a season. from a pure strategic standpoint, the loser from game one already has the upper hand in that they will be making the necessary adjustments, while the winner normally thinks it would be foolhardy to change what they already know works. then, there's also the extra motivation the first game loser will have in the rematch from losing that first game. (see BAMA vs. LSU 2011)

on the other hand any fool CAN beat a team twice in a season, evidence the Flop From Opp vs. Darth Visor 1999

early pigskin prognostication pick -
BAMA 28 - UGA 27

A Work in Progress
Old 01-01-2022, 07:21 AM   #70
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarich
Sorry people who want to expand, but we've had this for eight years and we've had three good semifinal games
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudedominick
The refs have been pretty bad in both these games. I understand wanting to "let them play" but they have just refused to throw some obvious flags on all 4 teams today.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Truth right here

Last edited by jeebs9; 01-01-2022 at 07:26 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »