Home

PS3 Users: Anyone Want to Get an 09 Roster going?

This is a discussion on PS3 Users: Anyone Want to Get an 09 Roster going? within the College Hoops 2K Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K > College Hoops 2K Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2008, 05:52 PM   #9
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: PS3 Users: Anyone Want to Get an 09 Roster going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crques
I've never really looked into but can you edit every player for all teams in Legacy mode once the season has started?
Yes, in open you can.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 07-30-2008, 09:55 AM   #10
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Yes, in open you can.
Thanks. That's interesting. It would be nice if there was a way to change who you were using after year 1 and then be able to select any team to use. That would make the 08-09 rosters much better to use because then you could play or sim this past season, save it, and then edit and update all the teams with the new roster before the next season to reflect the actual 08-09 rosters and then use whatever team you want.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:17 AM   #11
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by crques
Thanks. That's interesting. It would be nice if there was a way to change who you were using after year 1 and then be able to select any team to use. That would make the 08-09 rosters much better to use because then you could play or sim this past season, save it, and then edit and update all the teams with the new roster before the next season to reflect the actual 08-09 rosters and then use whatever team you want.
Right, that's going to be the one kinda annoying thing that we can't fix, the year and schedule will remain 07-08 for the first year of a legacy.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2008, 11:20 AM   #12
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Right, that's going to be the one kinda annoying thing that we can't fix, the year and schedule will remain 07-08 for the first year of a legacy.
Oh well....at least we still have a solid game to play instead trying to deal with that crap EA calls basketball.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:31 AM   #13
Rookie

Jethown's Arena

OVR: 5

Hey guys, I'd like help out with the roster. I can probably do at least the Big 12.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:31 PM   #14
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

Well, I just started off editing stuff from crques Final 07-08 set. So far I have completed Cinncy, UConn, DePaul and Georgetown in the Big East.

What I have done so far is...

- Change the class of all returning players
- Edited attributes for all returning players
- Created all freshman including attributes and appearances
- Edited lineups and rotation/minutes

Do you guys want to come up with a universal method of creating freshman? In terms of overall rating I was thinking something along the lines of...

5-Star: 77-whatever the max is
4-Star: 73-78
3-Star: 67-74
2-Star: 60-66
1-Star: 59 and below

There aren't any studs like Durant, Oden, Beasley, Rose, etc in this class so I don't think we'll have any freshman rated in the high 80's this season, at least not to start. We'll probably have a lot in the 80-85 range though.

Just an example, for the four teams I've done so far here are some ratings.

Cinncy
Yancy Gates: 76

UConn:
Kemba Walker: 79
Ater Majok: 78
Nate Miles: 75
Scottie Haralson: 69
Chuck Okwumba: 65

Georgetown:
Greg Monroe: 83
Henry Sims: 76
Jason Clark: 74

Thoughts? Comment? Suggestions?

Old 07-30-2008, 01:47 PM   #15
Pro

whittleboy615's Arena

OVR: 16

Your freshman ranking system is a good idea. Should we use Rivals for the star rankings?

We are also going to need to coordinate overall team rankings. I think we should try to agree on a Top 25, and go from there. I don't think many good preseason previews are out yet, but here are a few that I found.

ESPN - Tar Heels will be overwhelming favorites to win it all - Men's College Basketball

The Halfcourt Trap Preseason Top 10

CollegeHoops.net - 2008-09 College Basketball Preview
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2008, 02:25 PM   #16
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by whittleboy615
Your freshman ranking system is a good idea. Should we use Rivals for the star rankings?

We are also going to need to coordinate overall team rankings. I think we should try to agree on a Top 25, and go from there. I don't think many good preseason previews are out yet, but here are a few that I found.

ESPN - Tar Heels will be overwhelming favorites to win it all - Men's College Basketball

The Halfcourt Trap Preseason Top 10

CollegeHoops.net - 2008-09 College Basketball Preview
I used Scout.com for all incoming freshman because they also list strengths and weaknesses for most Top 150 players instead of just slapping a "star" ranking on them.

I'm having trouble finding a nice balance that won't cause fans of certain teams to cry foul if their incoming freshman are rated too low.

For example, I just finished up my rough draft for Louisville and 4-star recruits Terrance Jennings and Jared Swopshire are only 71's. They're rated this low because from all the scouting reports I've gathered both are pretty one dimensional players at this point in time - Jennings is a beanpole athlete who's a great shotblocker and defender but is as raw as they come on the offensive end. Apparently Swopshire is very weak and can't drive to the hole at all but has a great pull-up/mid-range game and is a pretty good three-point shooter.

Meanwhile, I have Gates from Cinncy (4-star) at 76 and Miles from UConn (also 4-star) at 74 overall. I'd like to keep all 4-stars at 73 and over like I said so I suppose I can make a few tweaks to get the the L'Ville guys into that range.

As for the overall rankings or Top 25, what I would suggest doing is creating the beta version of the rosters and listing out our Top 25 based on teams' overall ranking in the game. More than any year in a long time, the preseason Polls are going to vary greatly from publication to publication. I mean, I've seen UConn as high as #2 and as low as #15. I've seen Pitt as high as #1 and as low as #16.

It's going to be tough to please everyone, perhaps when we release each version would should just slap a disclaimer on it that this is our best effort and feel free to edit incoming freshman to your hearts content if you think we slighted or overrated a certain freshman.

I'm hoping to complete the Big East by tomorrow afternoon/evening.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K > College Hoops 2K Rosters »