Home

PS3 Users: Anyone Want to Get an 09 Roster going?

This is a discussion on PS3 Users: Anyone Want to Get an 09 Roster going? within the College Hoops 2K Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K > College Hoops 2K Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2008, 03:42 PM   #17
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: PS3 Users: Anyone Want to Get an 09 Roster going?

So far for the BE here's what I got for overall ratings for the top teams I've finished.

UConn: 89
Louisville: 88
Pitt: 88
Notre Dame: 86
Georgetown: 86

Right now the best player in the conference is Harangody at 91 overall followed by AJ Price at 89, Sam Young at 88 and Terrance Williams at 87.

Thoughts?

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 07-30-2008, 03:42 PM   #18
Pro

whittleboy615's Arena

OVR: 16

Upping the awareness ratings always seems to affect the overall rating the most, so you could try that with the Louisville guys. That way the OVR rises, but the skillset doesn't change much.

Are you going to edit player ratings for non-freshman?
Old 07-30-2008, 03:44 PM   #19
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by whittleboy615
Upping the awareness ratings always seems to affect the overall rating the most, so you could try that with the Louisville guys. That way the OVR rises, but the skillset doesn't change much.

Are you going to edit player ratings for non-freshman?
Yes. Since it's based on the Final 07-08 ratings several guys won't go up much, maybe a point or two overall, while the top returning players are going up anywhere from 3-6 points from what I've seen so far.

Old 07-30-2008, 03:49 PM   #20
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

I also realized it's going to be a major bitch to try to keep the ratings consistent throughout the entire file. We are definitely going to have to go back through when we're done with v1 and compare certain players to make sure things aren't too out of wack.

As for the awareness thing, I had both UL recruits in the 60's for the AWR of the weak spot (O for Jennings, D for Swopshire) so I'm sure that has something to do with it.

Old 07-30-2008, 03:53 PM   #21
Pro

whittleboy615's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
So far for the BE here's what I got for overall ratings for the top teams I've finished.

UConn: 89
Louisville: 88
Pitt: 88
Notre Dame: 86
Georgetown: 86

Right now the best player in the conference is Harangody at 91 overall followed by AJ Price at 89, Sam Young at 88 and Terrance Williams at 87.

Thoughts?
That looks fine to me, except Earl Clark might deserve to be that Top 4. The Big East is going to be loaded.

Something like this might help, but I can't find one for the 08-09 season.
http://www.collegehoopsnet.com/new/c...rs-march-41930

Last edited by whittleboy615; 07-30-2008 at 03:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2008, 03:59 PM   #22
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

ehh,

Are you going to incorporate coaching changes into the file? Since the coaches aren't named on my file and really not of that much importance to me because none of them hardly resemble the real coaches anyway, I was thinking that the updated roster file should also contain coaching tendency and recruiting tendency changes based on the new coaches. For example, since Tom Crean is now coaching Indiana, Indiana's coaching and recruiting tendencies should be changed to mirror what was on the game for him at Marquette. What do you think?
Old 07-30-2008, 07:44 PM   #23
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by crques
ehh,

Are you going to incorporate coaching changes into the file? Since the coaches aren't named on my file and really not of that much importance to me because none of them hardly resemble the real coaches anyway, I was thinking that the updated roster file should also contain coaching tendency and recruiting tendency changes based on the new coaches. For example, since Tom Crean is now coaching Indiana, Indiana's coaching and recruiting tendencies should be changed to mirror what was on the game for him at Marquette. What do you think?
I noticed you hadn't named the coaches, was that coach-name bug more of an issue on PS3 than 360? I coulda sworn it was resolved on 360 but I'm not positive.

I had planned on doing on the coaching changes as I included them on my transaction sheet but I haven't made the changes in the actual game yet. I'm all for doing the priorities though, the more realistic we get this roster set the better!

Old 07-30-2008, 08:40 PM   #24
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I noticed you hadn't named the coaches, was that coach-name bug more of an issue on PS3 than 360? I coulda sworn it was resolved on 360 but I'm not positive.

I had planned on doing on the coaching changes as I included them on my transaction sheet but I haven't made the changes in the actual game yet. I'm all for doing the priorities though, the more realistic we get this roster set the better!
I thought it was still a problem on the 360 but i don't know for sure. Seems like the last update from dkrause that I got off of there was glitched.

I can do all the coaching strategy and recruiting priority changes. I have a list of all the coaching changes and have made some notes about them. I've been researching them for my roster but haven't started changing them on the game yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K > College Hoops 2K Rosters »