Home

2022-23 Roster Update PS3

This is a discussion on 2022-23 Roster Update PS3 within the College Hoops 2K Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K > College Hoops 2K Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2022, 06:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
2022-23 Roster Update PS3/RPCS3

All teams and players are updated for the 2022-23 season.

This year’s roster features conference RE-ALIGNMENT, the American Conference has finally been added and teams have been moved around, like Maryland and Rutgers to the Big 10, Utah and Colorado into the Pac-12, Missouri to SEC, Boise to the Mtn West, Belmont and Murray St in MVC (yes they really moved there) and so on. All but 11 teams have been moved into their correct conferences for 22-23 season. This was done via hex editing and all conference names are correct as well.

Roster Team:
Myself (Kramer242 on Discord) and Adam94 (Adam7610 on Discord) (did all the transfers, got the ball rolling on this year’s project and also edited a lot of teams). Bphit4 did the conf realignment and updated jersey numbers and updated some coaches’ records for us so huge props to him, he is a legend for figuring all this stuff out, we cannot thank him enough.

This is our 3rd year doing this and our best roster yet, we put a lot of hard work into it, so we hope you enjoy it. Always love hearing from people in the comments so let us know what teams ya’ll are using. The first season I simmed Drew Timme was POY with 26.3 ppg & 7.1 rbs, Scott Drew was COY, the big Canadian Zach Edey was DPOY, G.G. Jackson was FOY so I’d like to think that’s a pretty good sign that things are accurate.

System: PS3 (decrypted for RPCS3, that file is in the comments below, the 7th comment to be exact) (NOT AVAILABLE for XBOX)
Game: College Hoops 2k8
Roster name: Roster 2022-23 v1
Player to check: Cliff Omoruyi – Rutgers – 86 Rating – Big Ten Conference

Rough Ratings Guide:

All Americans: 90-95
Power Conf 1st teamers: 85-90
Power Conf 2nd teamers: 80-84
Power Conf 3rd teamers: 78-80
Power Conf starters good teams: 74-78
Power Conf starters on bad teams: 67-75
Power Conf backups: 60-73

Mid Major All Conf players: 80-85
Mid Major starters good teams: 70-75
Mid Major starts on bad teams: 65-72
Mid Major backups: 60-65

Small Conf All Conf players: 72-80
Small Conf starters on good teams: 65-70
Small Conf starters on bad teams: 60-68
Small Conf backups: 50-60

This year we wanted the all-conference players to stand out a little more even in smaller conferences so they might be rated a tad high for that reason.

Top 100 Freshman are rated descending from 80 to 70 (other freshman are in the game as well, but not rated as high). Dereck Lively II at Duke is the highest rated freshman in the game.

*There are exceptions and we went by Lindy’s conference rankings to determine conference rankings. Players that shot over 40% or close to it have the 3-point badge.

Roster Notes:
Each team is 11-13 players deep. Rotations are set for every team according to what the CPU thinks is the best rotation. To come up with players ratings we used Lindys magazine and the Barttorvik website. Hard to gauge freshman sometimes especially in smaller conferences. Players have been given a free Covid year so sometimes their year could be different on different websites/publications and all red shirts have been removed.

We built this year’s roster off of last year’s roster, which was built off the original base roster that Phil Spiderman (don’t think that’s his real name) had hex edited coaches and a few courts. I edited the coaching changes since then and most other courts have been updated as well (to the best of my ability inside the confines of the game).

In addition to each player’s overall rating we tried to get there playing style as well. We got each players position, height, weight, skin color and hair correct. We did get the P6 players hometowns and jersey numbers correct this year (plus hometowns for Houston/Gonzaga) and then jersey numbers are updated for the; MVC, MAC, American, WCC. It takes too long to do the rest of the players numbers/hometowns, but we’ll try to do more and post updates. As we progress through the season, I will do some quick updates to teams over/under preforming.

Re-Alignment Notes:
First of all, save your legacy frequently, like right after you play your games, just to be safe.
-When starting a new legacy, you can still move teams around to different conferences if you want.
-Because we’ve adjusted some conf tournaments some teams might play 2 games in one day at the start of the season (they might be in a pre-season tournament game and play a regular non-conference game that same day), its rare and it affects nothing so it’s a moot point.
-Ivy League 4-team conference tournament has been added; however, the Ivy League regular season champion still gets the auto bid.
-The Southland conference was swapped with the Independents, the name of the conference is Southland (not Independents), as of now the regular season conf schedule does not work for these 7 teams, much like how the Independents didn’t play a conference schedule, but you can still play all the games with any of these teams, but they just don’t count as conference games. The Southland conference tournament still works, and the winner gets the auto bid as usually. If you want to play a full Southland conference season however then I recommend swapping all those teams with the teams in the WAC.
-11 teams are displaced, this is where you can find them: Vanderbilt-ACC, Austin Peay-Big South, Old Dominion-CUSA, Loyola (IL) & Duquesne-Horizon, James Madison-Mid Eastern, Stony Brook-Northeastern, West Carolina & Miss Valley St-Ohio Valley, La Salle-American, Pacific-Summit. Again, you can move these teams or any teams around and swap them into their correct conference before the start of a new legacy.

*Team cards occasionally freeze up, could just be my old azz PS3, but wanted to make a note of it, again, save frequently. It seemed to only happen after simming through large chunks of the season then checking a team card, but not sure the issue or even if it is one.

Team Changes:
5 teams were changed from the original game because those teams are no longer in D1 or are now Independent. For these 5 schools all courts, colors and rosters have been updated, but uniforms and logos remain from the old school. Because of that I probably wouldn’t start a legacy with these teams, but they’d be fine to play against.

Savannah St now Grand Canyon
Louisiana-Calcutta now South Dakota
Winston-Salem now UMass Lowell
Hartford now Bryant
Chicago St now Merrimack

Playbooks/Sliders:
Every teams offensive playbook has been changed to “All Plays” it will give the CPU a bigger variation of plays to run against you, I still recommend loading a playbook that is specific to the team’s best players that you’re playing, but “All Plays” will work well too. Typically, the CPU does not play through dominate big men, which is one reason to load a top-heavy playbook for great PF’s and/or C’s. I shared over 30 CPU playbooks in the CH2K discord and you can download them there.

I recommend playing on All American (15 min), but if that is to easy you can try the red, orange or yellow sliders I’ve created. I play with the orange ones and think it’s just about perfect for realistic gameplay and stats (no cheesing the CPU though). All 3 sets are very challenging. Good recruiting restrictions; no one over 7 feet, only 1 World and 1 JC player on your roster at a time and cannot recruit a 3 star or above if no other school is recruiting them.

Editing this roster file:
If you want to edit off this file and update stuff please let me know first because I might have a more updated version for you to use, and if you do work off it on your own please do give us credit for our work when you re-share with your added work.

Discord:
Feel free to join the College Hoops 2k8 Discord and join our ongoing convo about the game. Great group of dudes that love that game.
Link: https://discord.gg/ddWVTU458m

Beer money:
We don’t do this for the money, but I know some people like to send us a couple bucks, if so my Venmo is: @eric-giuliani (I’m holding a book in the profile pic) (do not feel obligated to send anything, if you do, I will split with the other guys).

How to save/load the roster file:

On your USB create a folder called PS3, inside that folder create a folder called SAVEDATA. Once you download and unzip the roster file move that folder (called BLUS….) inside the SAVEDATA folder. Plug your USB into your PS3, then before starting the game and on the PS3 home screen click on “Save data utility”. You will see your USB, click on it, then “copy” to roster file from your USB to your PS3. Then load the game and the roster file will load automatically, if it doesn’t then you can load it yourself from inside the game. The whole process should take less than a minute.

Troubleshooting:

If you're using Windows, use Winzip to unzip the files, for some reason other programs corrupt the file, you can use the free trial of Winzip if you don't have it, thats typically the issue when its not working on.

It’s your USB, format it and/or try a different one. I promise it’s your USB or the way you’re moving the files onto your USB. The file is not corrupt. If you’re having still having issues; move the folders to your desktop and download the file onto your desktop then move the roster folder into the SAVEDATA folder THEN onto your USB (this is how I always do it), don’t download right to your USB and don’t use some odd 3rd party program to unzip the file (if you’re on a MAC the folder should unzip automatically and Windows should use WinZip). Make sure you unzip the downloaded file. Worst case scenario try using a different computer or DM me on the discord and I’ll try and walk you through it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg American.jpg (127.5 KB, 3033 views)
File Type: jpg UKUNC.jpg (194.1 KB, 2999 views)
File Type: png Memphis.png (2.20 MB, 3037 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip BLUS30078-ROS-1-6916160830.zip (3.91 MB, 1661 views)
File Type: doc Sliders Guide.doc (44.5 KB, 619 views)

Last edited by traveltall; 12-04-2022 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Roster is now available
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2022, 10:51 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: 2022-23 Roster Update PS3

Thank you for keeping this game alive!!!
Old 10-06-2022, 07:27 PM   #3
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

Making quick and fast work

Good work, thanks for this
Old 10-10-2022, 04:23 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 21

This project is always appreciated! Believe me, I know how long this all takes to update haha.

Treyz
Old 10-10-2022, 07:56 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyzAllDayz
This project is always appreciated! Believe me, I know how long this all takes to update haha.

Treyz
Thanks Treyz, we're just following your lead from 3 years ago, keeping it alive!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2022, 06:52 PM   #6
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10

Keep up the great work! Love talking to you on Discord my man.
Old 10-27-2022, 07:57 PM   #7
Rookie

Attached here is the RPCS3 updated decrypted roster file.

This file is already decrypted.

Unzip, then put in RPSC3 folder -> dev_hdd0/home/00000001/savedata. The number of the third folder (#) could be different if you have other games installed.

# should always end in like 0078. Don't rename the folder.

In general we believe the RPCS3 version of this game is more unstable than the PS3, so you might experience the odd hiccups from time to time.
Attached Files
File Type: zip BLUS30078-ROS-1-6916160830.zip (1.37 MB, 1797 views)

Last edited by traveltall; 10-31-2022 at 09:27 AM.
Old 11-01-2022, 12:52 AM   #8
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

This is so huge! Glad to be able to finally play the American conference, thanks for all you do

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K > College Hoops 2K Rosters »