Home

Final CH2K8 08-09 Rosters (Details Inside)

This is a discussion on Final CH2K8 08-09 Rosters (Details Inside) within the College Hoops 2K Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K > College Hoops 2K Rosters
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-02-2009, 11:09 AM   #1
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39
Icon6 Final CH2K8 08-09 Rosters (Details Inside) (360)

With the help of CubsFan and Vintage help from 500bloc, the 08-09 Rosters should be completed with the completion of the NCAA Tournament.

What to expect:

1. Renamed Coaches and Assistants

2. ALL Major Conference and some Mid-Major Conference Players FULLY edited (Appearance, Height, Weights, Hometowns, Ratings, Tendencies) ((Will go into more detail later))

3. Jukman's Recruiting Tendencies (some were slightly altered) (Credit Jukman for taking the time out to do this)

4. All Team Sliders Adjusted including Offense/Defense Tendencies (Will go into more detail later)

In a few mins I will be writing up how we came up with many of the ratings/tendencies. It is very detailed system that takes a lot of time, that is why we took so long to release these rosters.

You will be very impressed when you simulate a season and look at the stats (compared to real life).

But thanks for being patient

Last edited by DC; 04-02-2009 at 01:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 11:26 AM   #2
DC
Hall Of Fame

Re: Final CH2K8 08-09 Rosters (Details Inside)

PLAYER TENDENCIES

All stats are taken from: http://www.draftexpress.com/stats.php?tid=1

We use PER 40 Min stats as they give a better representation of how a player performs than their per game averages.

1. Fouls: PFs Per 40 Mins

2. Drive: FT's Per 40 Mins for Perimeter Players/ FT's Per 40 Mins Divided by 2 for Bigs

3. 3PT: 3PA Per 40 Mins

4. Mid Range and Close: Might get somewhat hard to understand here. There is a listing for 2PA per 40 mins on Draft Express. I take THAT number PLUS 1 and I distribute those points amongst close and mid.

Firs you have to look at the numbers in close and mid tendency as shots per 40 mins. But remember you have to move the decimal spot to the left one place since they use whole numbers on 2K.

Example:
10 close tendency = 1 close shot per 40 mins
50 mid range tendency = 5 mid range shots per 40 mins

So that person will attempt "6" 2 point shots per 40 mins

For example: Ty Lawson - http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...son-485/stats/
He attempts "9" 2 pointers per 40 mins. So I know I have to give him "10" 2 point shots.

I know he is a little guy so his close shot tendency should be low and he gets most of his scoring when he drives to the basket. SO I won't give him (or any little player) a high close tendency.
10 2PA Per 40 Mins
15 Close Tendency
85 Mid Range Tendency

Remember what I said before about moving the decimal to the left once, that would give Ty Lawson 8.5 + 1.5 ( 10 ) 2 point shots per 40 mins.

I know this sounds confusing but it translates perfectly into the game.

Last edited by DC; 04-02-2009 at 11:29 AM.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:43 AM   #3
DC
Hall Of Fame

Player Potential

I will probably get the most heat from this section.

I get my info from: http://collegehoopsupdate.com/html/d...rofiles_pg.php

I use a players PRO POTENTIAL as their potential on the game. I have a scale that I use to determine the potential. Since the potential on the game is already too high even AFTER the patch, most players need to have their potential dropped.

Better players still raise up to 5 points on their overalls from one season to the next WITHOUT development drills.

The only flaw in this system is once the new freshman come into the game for year 2, everything won't be uniform. But that is always the case with this game.

I have this sectioned off because you can't look at Big Conference Players in the same light as Smaller Conference players.

Special - 95
Lottery - 90
Remaining First Round - 85
Second Round - 80
Dark Horse - 75 (Chances of getting drafted is LOW but they still have SOME chance)

Now for players that WILL NOT make the NBA by any stretch

Big Conferences
Great Career - 70
Decent Career - 65 (MOST players will have this)
Bums - 60

Mid-Majors
Great Career - 65
Decent Career - 60 (MOST players will have this)
Bums - 55

Small Conferences
Great Career - 60
Decent Career - 55 (MOST players will have this)
Bums - 50

Please do NOT be afraid of giving a great college player a LOW potential rating. For example; Hansborough has to receive a 35 potential rating for him to be projected as a first round draft pick. Anything higher makes his draft buzz go "Top Pick."
Old 04-02-2009, 12:08 PM   #4
DC
Hall Of Fame

Dunk Ratings

Anyone that is familiar with me, knows that I hate unrealistic dunks in my basketball games. This is NO different.

I still don't believe anything that DOESN'T end in a 5 or a 0 matters in the 2K world, so I keep it simple.

0: They can't dunk. I give out a LOT of zeros to those unathletic/small guards. While going through the rosters, TOO many people had 35+ in dunk ratings when they can't and haven't dunked in games. Again, I give out a LOT of zeros to small point guards

35: Minimum rating a player needs to dunk. I give this rating to small guards that can rise. ( Flynn )

50: Not that small guards that can get up (Dominic James, Pargo); Unathletic Bigs (Brockman)

60: Semi: Unathletic bigs: (Blair)

70: Athletic, skinny, bigs

80 and above: The dudes that can get up. Point blank

Standing Dunks

Just like any other 2K game. 50, 75, 99 are the ONLY ratings that matter. It bothers me to see 2K ship this game with people having ratings of, 64, 57, 83, because it doesn't matter.

50: Can't do it
75: Can do it when alone
99: Can do it in traffic

That is all that needs to be said about that
Old 04-02-2009, 12:15 PM   #5
DC
Hall Of Fame

Clutch

Much like standing dunk, the ONLY ratings that matter are 50, 75, and 99

50: Normal (MOST people have this)
75: Clutch. Have hit at least 1 game winner in career
99: Super Clutch

Trust me on this one. 50, 75, 99 are the ONLY ones that matter. I had this one confirmed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 01:18 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

Great stuff! Thanks for sharing. I'm looking forward to the rosters.

Are there other tendencies (besides the ones you already listed) that follow the 50,75,99 rule? Knowing these would speed up editing players.

What are your plans for next year's rosters? I know a lot of people are planning to get started on them soon, and I'm willing to help out.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:31 PM   #7
Pro

iRepOklahoma's Arena

OVR: 8

ps3?
Old 04-02-2009, 01:33 PM   #8
DC
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seryn
What are your plans for next year's rosters? I know a lot of people are planning to get started on them soon, and I'm willing to help out.
I have some dudes I know I can trust when it comes to uniformity. The only thing I don't like about having so many doing one set of rosters is how there are so many different methods used. I would rather have 3-4 people working with me that I know will keep it uniform than to have 10 people working on it so it is done quicker.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K > College Hoops 2K Rosters »