Home

Agidio3's 10-11 Ps3 rosters

This is a discussion on Agidio3's 10-11 Ps3 rosters within the College Hoops 2K Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K > College Hoops 2K Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2010, 09:20 AM   #33
Rookie

Gamzilla's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Agidio3's 10-11 Ps3 rosters

I have had a few days to play with these rosters. Let me say - they are awesome! Very accurate info. for these players.

I'm interested in knowing about the spreadsheet you mentioned and how you come up with player ratings.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:30 AM   #34
Pro

Heyuimintojsus's Arena

OVR: 8

There was a forum by UNCTarHeel or someone like that who had a formula that came up with a lot of the ratings - off and def awareness, close shot, 3pt, ft, pass, ball-handling, block, steal, off and def rebound. The o and d awareness was pretty off on a lot of them, so to get the actual overall rating, those had to be dropped a lot, like 10 for a jr, 15 or 20 for a soph and 20-25 for a freshman. The close shot was probably off, too. The rest seemed good with the occasional player who only attempted a few 3s that had a high rating.

I know the rosters won't be completely perfect (as that name mentioned earlier). Ehh may have a better way for rating the players we can use for next year's set - his grading is harder, and that might create more teams in the career legacy.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:32 AM   #35
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Yeah, I mean the formula just makes certain guys too good. Last night I tested Jerome Dyson vs Jeremy Hazell (UConn vs Seton Hall) since both of those guys offensive awareness was in the 90's based on the formula. They play like mini Michael Jordans with an OA that high.

But those guys IRL are gunners, poor passers, have question shot selection, volume shooters with low FG% and turn the ball over too much. Neither has a good basketball IQ. I had both guys in the low 80's for OA in my edits, the tendencies are there to make sure they still take enough shots and the confidence attribute helps in this regard as well.

OA also has a big effect on how often defenders go for shot fakes. In the 90s you will get so many dudes biting on pump fakes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2010, 12:47 PM   #36
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

I can take care of the ACC.

Are you guys using the spreadsheet as a base or some other kind of formula.

I would assume everyone needs to agree one 1 method or else each conference will end up being rated differently.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:04 PM   #37
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

Still working on the consistency aspect of it, KG. The formula spreadsheet is pretty off, IMO.

OA, DA, 3PT and some other things are off when you look at computer-generated recruits in legacy mode. And just using common sense too, there are lot of a weird things that the spreadsheet spits out.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:18 PM   #38
Rookie

Gamzilla's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm a newbie when it comes to posting here, but I've played this game non-stop since it came out!

My problem with rating Top freshman so low is that they end up staying around for 2-4 years when IRL many are one and done.

For example (No offense Hey - you did an awesome job! Just a point of reference here) The spreadsheet formula made Eric Bledsoe a 75. He's going to be a first round draft pick, but if you play a legacy with UK he'll stick around till graduation with that rating.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:45 PM   #39
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamzilla
I'm a newbie when it comes to posting here, but I've played this game non-stop since it came out!

My problem with rating Top freshman so low is that they end up staying around for 2-4 years when IRL many are one and done.

For example (No offense Hey - you did an awesome job! Just a point of reference here) The spreadsheet formula made Eric Bledsoe a 75. He's going to be a first round draft pick, but if you play a legacy with UK he'll stick around till graduation with that rating.
We have to chose one or the other, we can't have both. The best solution to remedy this is to put Bledsoe's potential at 99 so he might leave after one year. This can obviously only be done in hindsight anyway.

It's simply a limitation of the game, but I'd much rather have Bledsoe be a 75 (which is about accurate based on his performance this year) and have him stick around a few years than have him be an 83 and play nothing like his real-life counterpart in 2K8 and leave after one year.

Bottom line, there is no way to replicate in 2K8 players who make questionable decisions in real life to leave early.

Last edited by ehh; 05-11-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:21 PM   #40
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Yeah, for the 1 and done's it's not hard to replicate at all but those guys like Bledsoe will always be a problem.

In terms of editing are we going to edit coaches too, mainly their recruiting strategy?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K > College Hoops 2K Rosters »