Home

Official OS Community CH 2K8 2017-18 Roster Project (Xbox 360)

This is a discussion on Official OS Community CH 2K8 2017-18 Roster Project (Xbox 360) within the College Hoops 2K Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K > College Hoops 2K Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2018, 04:03 PM   #89
Rookie

jbragg10's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Official OS Community CH 2K8 2017-18 Roster Project (Xbox 360)

Unforunately, there are not files to download. No one made a 2018 roster this year. I just made a few changes to the top teams (just so I could play it), but that's about it.
Old 01-20-2018, 06:58 PM   #90
Rookie

TheWalkingCash's Arena

OVR: 0

Really unfortunate. I wish there was a way to convert the roster files from the finished Ps3 to Xbox 360.

Pelicans

Redskins
Old 02-03-2018, 07:05 PM   #91
Rookie

Ruud2You's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbragg10
Unforunately, there are not files to download. No one made a 2018 roster this year. I just made a few changes to the top teams (just so I could play it), but that's about it.
I did a full one 2 years ago and ran into the issue of too many edits the following year.

Went from scratch this year and got about 80% finished, then my house got broken into and I lost everything.

Sadly I was able to find a PS3 and College hoops 2k8 for cheaper than the 360 and am starting my project for them. I apologize to all!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2018, 07:07 PM   #92
Rookie

Ruud2You's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daonlyjmo7
Hey everyone. Just a quick update because i thought it would be unfair to just leave you guys waiting. Basically, i don’t think i am going to continue with making an actual roster. I cant do it all by myself. If i were to get people to help me on the side of importing ratings then that’s a whole other thing but i can’t do it just myself. It is way to much work. I am sorry for this. I have decided in the meantime just to use the original named offline 2007-08 roster. I have had a blast using it

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
To give you an idea of the scale of this project

When I did it it took me over 2 full months of editing 8-10 hours a day. Then another 2 weeks to get statistics correct when siming and such. I edited every single team, coaches and assistant coaches. It was a ton of work, but I don't have a life so I enjoyed it.
Old 03-03-2018, 09:38 PM   #93
Rookie

bigtal13's Arena

Ok, so I always end up saying I'm going to make a roster but life always gets in the way, it does take forever to edit everything so I'm going at next year now with a new approach. I'm going to start by naming every player spot available on each team and update each coach. I already did the American East Conference teams today and just naming each player took about an hour. The only issue I ran into with that is one or two teams didn't have enough players on the 2008-2009 roster to match the 2017-2018 one. So I'd have to create players to fill those spots but I won't do that until after I'm done naming everyone to save time. Anyway, once I get everyone named, I'll start by editing ratings then vitals in that order for the underclassmen only. This is my project for next season with 2k8 but if I have time, a big IF I have time, I'll do the same for NCAA 10 as well. I'm going to wikipedia and looking at each team's 2017-2018 roster which is super easy to look at then on the team's main wikipedia they have links for next year's commits so I'll be replacing the outgoing seniors with those names first. I'll post the names only roster here once I'm done editing the names. You guys can begin editing your teams as you wish. Hopefully this won't take too long and I can have it out to you guys by the time the tournament starts. Also hope my girlfriend doesn't give me too much crap or kick me out for spending all of my time away from work playing on my 360 haha. If some one could make a spreadsheet for ratings that match the ratings options for 2k8 that would be hellasweet. One more thing... GO HEELS! Watching the UNC/Duke game now haha
Old 03-03-2018, 09:39 PM   #94
Rookie

bigtal13's Arena

Also, sorry to hear about your house Ruud. Hopefully you've gotten everything sorted out with that.
Old 03-03-2018, 09:54 PM   #95
Rookie

bigtal13's Arena

Another note while I have my laptop out- I tried to hex edit the roster at first by naming a few players on different teams to try to find where the players are in the hex file and no dice. I would bounce to different teams throughout the game in different conferences but the names all showed up in the order I changed them right in the hex file so I couldn't find where any kind of "bank of names" or anything of the sort is located at. If anyone knew which lines where were the players are and what values represented what it would make updating the game SOOOOO much easier and more efficient. If anyone has been tinkering with hex editing and has any more info let me know, I'm willing to go that route if it's at least a little viable but I've lost and wasted a ton of time trying to figure it out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2018, 05:59 PM   #96
Rookie

Ruud2You's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtal13
Ok, so I always end up saying I'm going to make a roster but life always gets in the way, it does take forever to edit everything so I'm going at next year now with a new approach. I'm going to start by naming every player spot available on each team and update each coach. I already did the American East Conference teams today and just naming each player took about an hour. The only issue I ran into with that is one or two teams didn't have enough players on the 2008-2009 roster to match the 2017-2018 one. So I'd have to create players to fill those spots but I won't do that until after I'm done naming everyone to save time. Anyway, once I get everyone named, I'll start by editing ratings then vitals in that order for the underclassmen only. This is my project for next season with 2k8 but if I have time, a big IF I have time, I'll do the same for NCAA 10 as well. I'm going to wikipedia and looking at each team's 2017-2018 roster which is super easy to look at then on the team's main wikipedia they have links for next year's commits so I'll be replacing the outgoing seniors with those names first. I'll post the names only roster here once I'm done editing the names. You guys can begin editing your teams as you wish. Hopefully this won't take too long and I can have it out to you guys by the time the tournament starts. Also hope my girlfriend doesn't give me too much crap or kick me out for spending all of my time away from work playing on my 360 haha. If some one could make a spreadsheet for ratings that match the ratings options for 2k8 that would be hellasweet. One more thing... GO HEELS! Watching the UNC/Duke game now haha
I'm not kidding you when I say this, it takes MONTHS to complete and do it properly. You're going to have to spend at least a week just simming to get the stats and tendencies right. And about a week naming coaches if you're into that thing.

Best of luck, I'm in the process of updating PS3 rosters, my friend happened to have an additional so I didn't have to pay like I would've for 360. It's a legit process to do it thoroughly and correctly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K > College Hoops 2K Rosters »