Home

New — 2007-08 Rosters for PS3 without glitches to school

This is a discussion on New — 2007-08 Rosters for PS3 without glitches to school within the College Hoops 2K Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K > College Hoops 2K Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2019, 10:57 PM   #9
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: New — 2007-08 Rosters for PS3 without glitches to school

I have been working on a very similar project for quite some time (about two years off-and-on in its current form).

I know there are a few 07-08 rosters floating around out there, but I always found errors on certain teams whenever I would look up information about the players on my team. I decided that, rather than trying to root out any errors that I could find, I would start from scratch. My goal right now is to get the names of every player (outside of handful about whom no resource I can find has any information) that the game was originally attempting to represent. I'm also going to have every coach and assistant coach in the game, although the game wasn't trying to represent real assistant coaches with any accuracy. The only changes I want to make on my original roster other than that will be just a few class changes (for example, Jacques Jones on Texas Southern is randomly listed as a sophomore on CH2K7 even though CH2K8 listed him as a junior) and hometown changes to some players for accuracy and aesthetic reasons. From there, I want to create different versions of the roster that update redshirts, remove/add players, update ratings (using stats rather than anything subjective), change appearances, update tendencies, etc.

I have finished putting in the names for 15 of 32 conferences, but I've actually done the VAST majority of the work for the first phase of my roster. I made a Google Doc for each conference on the game, and I've already put in the numbers and names for every player on every team, excluding those unknown players that I mentioned above. I've compiled a decent number of resources for making sure my roster includes the exact players that CH2K8 intended; this process sometimes only took a couple of minutes to do, but some smaller teams were truly difficult to track down, especially with absolute certainty as my goal. While I'm not going to say that my Google Docs are 100% flawless, I do think that I've done a fairly good job. I'm logging every single change that I make to the original roster, even if its so much as changing someone's home state or country, so that a player can be tracked down in the future if any errors are discovered. I've also included randoms bits of information to certain players in each conference because I find that I have much more fun playing this game when I know more about the players on my team.

I didn't mean to sabotage this thread, and I realize that I'm rambling now. I hope to finish entering names before or around Christmas (I just moved from the Google Doc stage to entering names stage at the beginning of November), but there's a chance that the holidays could eat up some of my free time and slow me down. I wanted to get on here today and share my work so that it could be used and improved, but I learned that I can't make my own thread. I understand that I may have to reach some post count before I can do that, but does anyone know of a person who can help me speed up that process?

GoDevils95, I don't know if you have any interest in continuing to work on a new roster, but I'd be down with collaborating if you would like. I think it's so cool to see people still doing new things with this game!
Old 02-23-2020, 09:26 AM   #10
Pro

esayem's Arena

OVR: 3

Did anybody stick with this?

I actually had this file at some point, but lost it years ago. You used to be able to take the named roster (with school name glitches) and play online, the game reset everything except the player names. That way all the school name glitches were gone, and the players were reset except for their names.
Old 02-23-2020, 11:22 PM   #11
Rookie

GoDevils95's Arena

OVR: 4

My interest fell off as my son got into playing PS4 / Madden and well life took over. But I am back at it again. Check my original post. I finished the Pac-10 & SEC and have done a total of 42 teams so far. I am simply NOW focusing on just naming the players (big conferences are easiest). Smaller ones can be very challenging.

Last edited by GoDevils95; 02-29-2020 at 03:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2020, 02:39 PM   #12
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDevils95
My interest fell off as my son got into playing PS4 / Madden and well life took over. But I am back at it again. Check my original post. I finished the Pac-10 & SEC and have done a total of 42 teams so far. I am simply NOW focusing on just naming the players (big conferences are easiest). Smaller ones can be very challenging.
Do you need any help?
Old 03-30-2020, 10:55 PM   #13
Rookie

I ambitiously used the past 2 weeks off of work to complete what you had so gallantly attempted. I edited every roster of every team from the game files for 07-08, including the all-time teams. There are a few players I was simply unable to name or identify (i.e., #30 for UALR or #34 for Liberty). In most instances, I used the actual roster from the player names and numbers acquired directly from the published rosters obtained off of each team's official website. In other instances, I resorted to using rosters from sports-reference.com or players names/numbers from media guides, published news stories, etc. Occasionally, I had to resort to my best educated guess, especially for those freshman players whose likeness seemed to be placed in game, but were conspicuously missing from the CH2K8 roster. In those instances, ESPN and/or 247sports.com were helpful in identifying the most likely recruit whose in-game details most closely matched the provided online data. I also tried, as best as I could, to make changes to a player's hometown, their class (freshman, sohomore, etc.) and their weight/height. I am supremely confident I missed a few, but I am equally confident I completed most of them accurately.

I have not yet, however, made any edits to the coaches names am not educated on how to edit the identifying names of each school's coach w/o also avoiding the "school name glitch" for certain schools (i.e., VCU or CCSU).

I welcome any suggestions and/or assistance you are able to generously provide.
Attached Files
File Type: zip PS3.zip (3.91 MB, 522 views)

Last edited by pokerplayr; 04-04-2020 at 12:23 PM.
Old 04-24-2020, 01:22 AM   #14
Pro

esayem's Arena

OVR: 3

I'll check out the rosters.

If you want to name coaches you have to go under the coach info menu (or something like that). Whatever you do, do NOT edit them under the "edit school" option where you can change cheerleaders uniforms, rivals, team colors, etc. If you do, and a team has a longer name–like North Carolina State or George Washington–it will glitch out and change "NC State" to "North Carolina S" and the announcers won't say their name anymore...even if you change it back.

Just avoid the edit school option unless you know the school doesn't have a long name. For instance, I have changed the secondary color on Memphis from Orange (?) to gray, and Temple from yellow (??) to white and it didn't glitch.
Old 04-26-2020, 08:33 PM   #15
Rookie

Do you know if changing colors on those schools screws it up? I'm almost certain I've changed colors on a longer named school or 3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2020, 03:41 AM   #16
Rookie

Does anybody know how to get rosters working on an ps3 emulator such as rpcs3?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K > College Hoops 2K Rosters »