Home

Troubleshoot: How to Load New Rosters on PS3

This is a discussion on Troubleshoot: How to Load New Rosters on PS3 within the College Hoops 2K Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K > College Hoops 2K Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2019, 05:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Troubleshoot: How to Load New Rosters on PS3

I have followed all of the steps from previous threads. I have also loaded new rosters before to my PS3 and it worked. When I get to the saved data on the PS3 system, the roster shows up but says file corrupt. I am not able to save it to the system. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2019, 10:10 PM   #2
Rookie

98silverbolts7to15's Arena

Re: Troubleshoot: How to Load New Rosters on PS3

Load up the game and save the default roster file that loads automatically. Move that file to your usb and put the usb into your computer. Open the BLUS roster file folder you can download on here and copy the 4 files inside. Paste and overwrite these 4 files into the BLUS file folder from your PS3 on your usb. That should work when you go to move the new roster from your usb onto your PS3. Don't copy the actual BLUS folder to your usb and overwrite, as then your PS3 will read the roster file as corrupt. Copy and move the 4 files inside the folder, not the folder itself.
Old 01-22-2019, 05:20 PM   #3
Rookie

Thanks For Responding. Still having trouble.

Here is what I am doing.

1. Saved the 2008 Roster onto my USB.
2. Then I copied the new 2019 roster over the the roster file on the USB.

Now nothing shows up.
Old 01-22-2019, 06:09 PM   #4
Rookie

98silverbolts7to15's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspan34
Thanks For Responding. Still having trouble.

Here is what I am doing.

1. Saved the 2008 Roster onto my USB.
2. Then I copied the new 2019 roster over the the roster file on the USB.

Now nothing shows up.
Are you sure you moved the 4 files inside the BLUS... roster folder from this site into the BLUS... roster folder from your PS3? I think if you move the actual folder and overwrite your PS3 won't recognize it. You have to move and overwrite the 4 files within the BLUS...folders.
Old 01-27-2019, 02:28 AM   #5
Just started!

I just picked up 2k8 this week for nostalgic purposes and was creeping this sub about the new rosters which ultimately was my main decision for purchase. Glad yall are keeping this alive. I figured it out after searching around on how to actually download and configure the USB and what not. With the help of this final step I was able to make it happen. Thanks so much you guys are great!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2019, 07:41 PM   #6
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98silverbolts7to15
Are you sure you moved the 4 files inside the BLUS... roster folder from this site into the BLUS... roster folder from your PS3? I think if you move the actual folder and overwrite your PS3 won't recognize it. You have to move and overwrite the 4 files within the BLUS...folders.
I got mine to work by copying the roster over to my flash drive, going to my computer and deleting the BLUS folder, then copying the BLUS folder from the extracted ZIP to my drive. Worked like a charm on the PS3.
Old 01-28-2020, 06:57 AM   #7
Rookie

Having the same issue now when I’m trying to add any roster (19/20, 15/16, etc) to my PS3. No matter whether I copy the entire PS3 folder to my USB, or just replace the BLUS folder within the PS3 —> SAVEDATA folder after downloading the generic 2k8 roster to my USB first, everything is showing as corrupt.

Even tried keeping the BLUS folder unchanged in my USB and replacing just the 4 files within it and still showing corrupt on my PS3.

Brand new USB. Restored PS3 to factory settings.

I’m using a work laptop and I’m worried that the downloaded files are being encrypted and preventing the PS3 from being able to read them.

Any ideas? Trying to get started on the 20/21 rosters for PS3.
Old 01-29-2020, 09:08 PM   #8
Rookie

You actually don’t even need to put a generic default roster on your usb. Just save the file and make sure it’s in a PS3 folder. That’s all I did but good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K > College Hoops 2K Rosters »