Home

OSUPiper's CH2K8 CPUvCPU Experience

This is a discussion on OSUPiper's CH2K8 CPUvCPU Experience within the College Hoops 2K Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K > College Hoops 2K Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2018, 12:48 PM   #153
MVP

OSUPiper's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: OSUPiper's CH2K8 CPUvCPU Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahrahcarolina
I have increased my ball handling attributes to 50,lowered speed attributes to 90,lowered overall player speed to 30 with great results. I also had to lower steels to 50 and steel success to 60. Also I lowered Offense awareness attribute to 50 with Defense awareness at 80. I have watched 5 games and it was like watching it on TV. Thanks OSU PIPER
I like Offensive Awareness higher than where I have it, honestly, but it is too hard to control the pace of play. If I could generate more halfcourt turnovers (bad passes, travels, charges and illegal screens, etc.), then I would certainly raise awareness ratings. Same with Ballhandling.

What are your turnover numbers like?

Lowering player speed is an interesting counter to higher offensive ratings. I am worried that the ball moves too fast compared to player movement, which is why I haven't messed with it..
Old 02-26-2018, 01:08 PM   #154
MVP

OSUPiper's Arena

NOTE

I am currently testing some new values.

Coach Setting - Defensive Pressure = 90. This is better than 100, where I had it before, when combined with in-game changes to double-team ("never") and pressure ("tight"). Small schools and mid-majors can get off some open 3s even against elite defenses, which is a big improvement. This change is a keeper. LOWER HELP RECOVERY also helped with this.

Lower DRIVE tendency. This should provide more jump shots in transition and in the halfcourt, but will create fewer shooting foul chances. So far, slight improvement.

Lowered MID FG& by 1. Too early to tell.

Lowered Ballhandling to 24-25 range. No improvement so far.

Lowered DEF AWARENESS. Slight Improvement.

Other issues - My PG fouls too much. I think this is his steal rating, my REACHING FOUL slider setting, and high settings for CRASH BOARDS (putting the PG back to defend alone against the break). I drastically lowered his FOUL rating with little luck so far.

At this point, turnovers and foul distribution are all I think I need to fix. As far as player edits, I may tighten the range on individual player 3pt ratings (like I have FT ratings).
Old 03-14-2018, 01:42 PM   #155
Rookie

OVR: 0

OSU, what setting can I change to make the off ball defense tighter? I in general, it isnt about your sliders
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2018, 01:09 PM   #156
MVP

OSUPiper's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpOffMang
OSU, what setting can I change to make the off ball defense tighter? I in general, it isnt about your sliders
I would look at lowering HELP DEFENSE first. Then DEFENSIVE AWARENESS could be raised.

In-game, you can change Coach Settings and turn off double team and set pressure to Tight.

In Coach Settings before a game, you can raise Defensive Pressure.
Old 03-24-2018, 01:49 PM   #157
MVP

OSUPiper's Arena

NOTES:

Working with the Reaching Foul setting, as I have a PG that constantly fouls. I cannot figure out why, because it does not consistently affect any other player that I have seen. It happens regardless of Foul rating.

Also, as nearly everything else is in line statistically, I realized I overdid the Offensive Rebounding. So I have two options: (1) tune the OFFREB slider down or (2) edit coaches to Crash Boards less. The first fix is simple, but will lead to wildly different results if I do not continue to edit coach settings. The second fix will also keep fast breaks under control, which helps keep shooting fouls and FGAs in line, too. (UPDATE - OPTION #2 is working very well so far)

I show Off Rebs at about 4 RBG to high, and my FGAs are also 4 FGA/game too high. I'm sure this is connected, since ORbs usually end up in putbacks (extra FGAs).

Last edited by OSUPiper; 03-27-2018 at 04:25 PM. Reason: update
Old 07-08-2018, 04:07 AM   #158
Pro

Hey there,

Are you still testing these sliders or playing the game? I’m getting back into the game after a hiatus and really keen on using your sliders and tips. I will be using version 6.0 (or should I use the minor edits listed in 6.1?)

I tried your version 4.0 sliders with the standard out of the box rosters and the game played well but I know I need to make the individual player edits too.

Question. When you first start your league, do you literally edit every player in th game or do you just edit ongoing the new recruits and freshman? Also, I assume when you say you edit the top players using random numbers is clear, it’s only 15 or so players. But when you say edit other freshman for the dunk rating and free throw ratings, tendencies, etc do you mean ALL freshmen? So that’s basically editing the whole league one freshman class at a time?

Finally, what are your thoughts of the Jukeman height edits? And do you make any changes to weight?

Thanks.
Old 07-17-2018, 07:45 PM   #159
MVP

OSUPiper's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarek
Hey there,

Are you still testing these sliders or playing the game? I’m getting back into the game after a hiatus and really keen on using your sliders and tips. I will be using version 6.0 (or should I use the minor edits listed in 6.1?)

I tried your version 4.0 sliders with the standard out of the box rosters and the game played well but I know I need to make the individual player edits too.

Question. When you first start your league, do you literally edit every player in th game or do you just edit ongoing the new recruits and freshman? Also, I assume when you say you edit the top players using random numbers is clear, it’s only 15 or so players. But when you say edit other freshman for the dunk rating and free throw ratings, tendencies, etc do you mean ALL freshmen? So that’s basically editing the whole league one freshman class at a time?

Finally, what are your thoughts of the Jukeman height edits? And do you make any changes to weight?

Thanks.

I finished the season in my dynasty and took a break to look at better player edits. I have not picked the game back up since, but I will be getting back into it soon.

Use Version 6.1 with the edits on this page (above) showing Defensive Pressure at 90.

I personally only edit about 8-10 high school all-Americans each season. I edit all rosters based on tendencies (e.g., 50 3pt Tendency players get a 75 3ptFG rating, etc.). Most of my edits are common sense. Athletic forwards and guards get higher dunk ratings. Be careful about standing dunk ratings. The best thing to do for reference is look at my thread on the main page for average ratings by grade (A-F). It tells you where good and elite players will be at their skill strengths.

In the same reference thread on the main page, I detail CH2K recruit height vs real life height. I usually only edit small school heights down. Hopefully, I will combine all of this into the first page of this thread when I have playtested a bit more. Definitely plan to have this out well before hoops starts.
Old 07-26-2018, 06:15 AM   #160
Pro

Thanks man, I’m having an absolute blast working these sliders and rosters. I went ahead and changed every single coach before my first game, but then started on every player so that when I go into season 2 then 3 then 4 the sophomores and juniors are adjusted too.

With standing dunk only edit this for power forwards and centers. Any Center over 7ft I put at 99, 6’10 and 6’11 are 95, and 6’9 6’8 are 90. Why do you say be careful about th standing dunk rating? I don’t edit anyone else’s dunk above 80 unless they are already above 80 and some guards that have dunk at like 40 or 50 I just leave them, specially short guards.

Any other tips you can give?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K > College Hoops 2K Sliders »