Home

How is YOUR Career Legacy going?!?!

This is a discussion on How is YOUR Career Legacy going?!?! within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2007, 08:27 AM   #33
Rookie

FearTheTurtle's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: How is YOUR Career Legacy going?!?!

I was hoping to see this thread make a return, it was the most fun to read last year...

8-4 in my first season with Maryland. Started 3-0 and then lost to Michigan State (in OT, in fact I blew a 23-point 2nd half lead, my worst collapse ever) in the semis of the CBE. That sparked a 4-game losing skid, going down to Illinois, Florida, and VCU until finally snapping out of it to beat BC and start the ACC season 1-0. Kicked around 4 cupcakes since then to run my record to 8-4, next up a road game vs. Charlotte.

Landed 2 recruits during the in-season period, a 7'1" 5-star center and a 5-star SG. Still 1 scholly open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan203
You guys know it says career legacy, right?
So anyone doing an open legacy can't share? Seems silly to me...

Last edited by FearTheTurtle; 11-27-2007 at 08:33 AM.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:43 AM   #34
Rookie

isd71's Arena

OVR: 3

I started with USC-Upstate but noticed their jersey numbers were blue and gold when their jerseys are green and white, so I restarted with Texas State. We are 3-2 so far with losses to Prarie View and Portland St, I think, and wins over UT-Pan Am, Rice, and Jack St. The two teams we lost too we were higher ovr and the three teams we defeated we were lower ovr. We just won our home opener against Rice which was big, but have two guaranteed losses coming up against Texas and A&M.

I really like this team as they play my style of ball, which is simple just shoot if your open, but with some teams that leads to a 20% shooting % as some people can only score two feet from the basket.

The team relies heavily on Brandon Bush, who is a 6'7" Jr SG who can do everything. The only reason he is here and not at some big 12 school seems to be his speed and D, but offensively he is avg around 20 points a game for me.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:23 AM   #35
Rookie

warhorseballa06's Arena

played my first game yesterday with Texas St. and it was thriller!

I played Colgate in a tournament at Kennesaw St. and the game was close the whole time.

My best player Brandon Bush opened the season with a 45 point prformance!! He just couldn't miss at all! I won 79-78, as they hit a three at the buzzer to lose by 1.

Bush went 13-22 from the field and 15-17 from the line..simply magnificent!

can't wait to play in the finals against kennesaw st. and win our first tourney of the season. gets us ready to play texas a&m and texas back to back! lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2007, 11:29 AM   #36
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

I'm 6 games in with Elon, sitting at 3-3 and 1-0 in Southern Conference play. So far, I've beaten Georgia State, Winston-Salem State, and Western Carolina. I was blown out on the road at Virginia Tech and at Georgia, and lost one I should've won at Virginia Commonwealth.

With this career legacy, I'm finding you have to go against the grain with who you give minutes to. Although he's not very highly rated, I have a freshman 7'1" center that gets the nod over a higher rated 6'9" guy. The 6'9" guy just wasn't getting any boards.

Also, I have a freshman SG with around an 86 3PT rating, but an overall of around 55. I give him the start over a guy with a 65 overall rating, simply because the guy can shoot. He's a liability on defense, but if you can't score, you can't win.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:50 PM   #37
Rookie

RedRaiderMan's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvb24
What did the Croatian come in at?
Old 11-27-2007, 01:51 PM   #38
Rookie

RedRaiderMan's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorseballa06
played my first game yesterday with Texas St. and it was thriller!

I played Colgate in a tournament at Kennesaw St. and the game was close the whole time.

My best player Brandon Bush opened the season with a 45 point prformance!! He just couldn't miss at all! I won 79-78, as they hit a three at the buzzer to lose by 1.

Bush went 13-22 from the field and 15-17 from the line..simply magnificent!

can't wait to play in the finals against kennesaw st. and win our first tourney of the season. gets us ready to play texas a&m and texas back to back! lol
Bush is greatness! Do you find that he is more of a slasher though?
Old 11-27-2007, 02:08 PM   #39
Rookie

warhorseballa06's Arena

yea i do find Bush will get the bulk of his scoring goin to the rim, surprisingly he did knock down 4 or 5 threes in that game, i guess he was in his groove, lol...he also knocked down a few mid-range shot as well, really an awesome player..i just hope i can develop him enuff for him to become a talk of the pro buzz..i would really like to get him on nba 2k8 and see what he can do!
Old 11-27-2007, 02:23 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

I might have to do a career legacy. I keep going back and forth on running with a Texas school in career legacy or playing with Baylor in open legacy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »