Home

This game owns my soul.

This is a discussion on This game owns my soul. within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2008, 06:59 PM   #73
I smell sulfur...

Kodii Rockets's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: This game owns my soul.

Man, that sounds beautiful, well depicted story, I actually feel you're pain. You have to tell you're team to forget about that one and focus on the beating the Tigers next game LOL

Follow this link to view 10 Yard Fight on Operation Sports >>10YF on OS
Old 04-25-2008, 07:48 PM   #74
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
So I just fired up my first Career legacy with Charleston Southern and started off with perhaps the most gut wrenching choke job in my history of Hoops 2k.
Aw man, what a tough way to lose. Missed free throws will always come back to bite you.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Old 04-26-2008, 12:19 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 1

I just want to add that I love this game and every single time I get beat with a backdoor cut I smile a little on the inside. The coach in me loves to see that, even from my AI opponent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2008, 03:43 PM   #76
Bills Mafia!!

racerx's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
It's 3:02pm central standard time, April 25th, in the year of our Lord 2008...

And this game is still owning my soul.

I think I'm gonna hang up my Auburn legacy for a bit after Year 4 and start a closed legacy next.

It's so nice to have a sports game that even many many months after release, plays BEAUTIFULLY and has game developers that focus on GAMEPLAY and true ATMOSPHERE to make a game better.

And by no means am I taking a shot at any other particular sports gaming company in that last statement...none at all. [/sarcasm]
Auburn,
I totally agree with this!!! I am seasonal player and by now I would just be playing Baseball and Hockey games but this game still has me coming back to my UK open legacy.

Amazing!!!!

Racerx
NCAA Basketball - UK Wildcats
Old 04-27-2008, 04:55 PM   #77
MVP

BIG CAROLINA's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
So I just fired up my first Career legacy with Charleston Southern and started off with perhaps the most gut wrenching choke job in my history of Hoops 2k.

I was playing Tulane at home and behind the awesome night by SG Chris Moore, who lit up the Green Wave with 31 points on the night, had built an 11 point lead with 3 minutes to go.

I still have a 7 point lead with 21 seconds to go...21 seconds. I inbound the ball, Tulane fouls me, Moore goes to the line.....

Misses the front end of the 1 and 1. Tulane races down court puts up a 3...hits it! I'm up 4 with 14 seconds to go. Tulane fouls again. Again...Moore misses the free throw, Tulane rebounds, drives down the court, hits an open man in the corner..THREE! I'm up 1 freaking point with 6.7 seconds left. Tulane fouls Moore again. He steps to the line for 2 shots. First shot....MISS!! Another GD miss!!! Second shot...good. I'm up 67-65. Tulane inbounds to their PG, I put pressure on the ball handler, he dribbles up to halfcourt where he finds a streaking Eric Vianney racing to the top of the key. He passes, Vianney stops, pops...and as the horn sounds...HITS the three pointer!

Tulane wins 68-67. I literally didn't make a sound. I just dropped the controller and threw my hands on the top of my head...stunned.

I looked like the guys on the bench in the NCAA tourney as they watch their opponent drain a game winning shot to knock them out of the tourney. That's probably the most accurate depiction of my facial expression.

I'm absolutely disgusted right now. Next up..as luck would have it...is my Auburn Tigers.
That sucks. I feel for you.

PSN: BIG_CAROLINA

"Life is too short for a man to hold bitterness in his heart."
Marshall W. "Major" Taylor
Old 06-08-2008, 12:47 PM   #78
Pro

OVR: 11

This thread deserves a bump. I am banking on this game achieving the type of legendary status (a la NFL 2K5) that will bring about updated rosters for 08-09, who cares about the 3 point line moving back a few inches honestly, i have enough trouble making sure i'm behind the line as it is, and we can always adjust sliders too...

This is the only XBox game I have played for months (along with Guitar Hero when I am drunk and NHL once or twice) and I have a pretty decent collection of games. It really does stay fresh and in my opinion is the BEST SPORTS GAME EVER, at least the best from this generation.

So about these 09 rosters...
Old 06-08-2008, 05:53 PM   #79
Rookie

Preo32's Arena

OVR: 4

in my closed legacy with Lafayette (updated rosters), i had 2 games in one week and both were vs ranked opponents. #4 Pitt and #14 Miss St. I was 10-2 going into the week, and i didnt expect to win any, but i somehow beat Pitt. Miss State was crazier thou.

i was down by 8 for most of the game, but towards the end i came back and with 5 seconds left and the game tied, i hit a 3 to take a lead. I was like Holy **** amazin. Miss St crosses HC with 3 seconds left and calls TO. Rhodes inbounds in from halfcourt to Gordon who is 2 fee away, who gives it right back to Rhodes who pops a HC shot and nails it like a FT. I was stunned. i knew id lose in OT it was too crazy not to pump up the crowd, which it did. I sit at 12-3 now and about to start conference play.

Hopefully some rosters get put out a few weeks before the season cuz i plan on buyin Madden or NCAA and definetly NBA 2k9, so i wanna keep my legacy goin, but if i feel like starting a new one with updated players n new teams to choose from in closed, itll be amazing. i could care less if i start in 07-08 with 08-09 class, as long as its a good roster, ill definetly keep this game in the system
Old 06-18-2008, 05:24 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 2

Been a lurker for some time, but felt compelled to post. I'm currently in my 5th year UK open legacy. I've had some problems with not being able to recruit very well. I just can't get any 5 star players interested in coming to UK. For whatever reason, even though I've won a championship, been to the Final Four once and at least the sweet 16 the other times isn't enough. Oh well. I've gotten some pretty good 4 star players and I found a 3 star diamond in the rough for my current season.

Anyway, last night I was playing Louisville at Rupp. This season UofL has a lot of stars on their team with the team rated 92. UK is rated 86. We start off the game slow with neither team really giving it to the other. Then right before half time, UofL opens up on me and goes on a long run to put them ahead by 12 at halftime. I struggle some more at the beginning of the 2nd half and they increase their lead by around 16 or 17 I think. Then slowly my guys start making some big shots. I substitute my starting PG for my backup 5'10" dude that doesn't handle the ball as good, but is a better 3 pt. shooter. He makes a couple of big 3's and I'm back in the game and have cut the lead to 5 or 6 at that point. UofL can't hit the broad side of a barn suddenly and I end up taking the lead. They have to foul me to try to get back in the game. When all was said and done I end up winning by 3 points. A very satisfying finish to the game when I figured I was going to get blown out.

This game is too awesome for words. I leave it from time to time for GTA and COD4, but when I come back to it it's always a welcome experience.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »