Home

This game owns my soul.

This is a discussion on This game owns my soul. within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2008, 09:35 AM   #33
Rookie

Wesman's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: This game owns my soul.

I agree, best sports game around right now. Madden can't touch it, NCAA football tries... I wont even bother mentioning MM 08...

This is probably the most well put together sports title that has ever been released.

Trying to resist slider-itis. Long Timer.
http://www.youtube.com/user/WesmanY2k/
Old 03-21-2008, 09:36 AM   #34
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

I love this game as well, like usual. This series has been consistently the best sports series in the last 10 years I think. So awesome. I think I probably have put more time into this series than any other series ever, and I'm a huge NFL fan.

The other night I was playing in a neutral site and the fans were going crazy and it was so close and both teams were hitting shots and the momentum was swinging either way... so cool. Then I lost

Also, we can update the rosters next year, but they'll be moving the three point line back a foot next year

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 03-21-2008, 10:23 AM   #35
All Star

OVR: 20

Is this game worth getting if I have NBA2k8? Are the same flaws there?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2008, 10:26 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 8

I just played a fierce B10 battle against Ohio State at the Breslin Center last night.

My Spartans were coming off of a 20 point win at Carver Hawkeye Arena, improving their record to 12-4 and moving up to #12 in the AP Poll. Neitzel finally got on track & was my leading scorer with 25 points vs a injury stricken Iowa team.

OSU comes into my house & goes on an absolute early tear, scoring 30 points in the 1st 8 or so minutes of the game, shooting .8000 from the field. Jon Diebler is just dominating me on the perimeter. Luckily I was able to slow the game down tempo wise & get Koufos into foul trouble by pounding the ball down low each possession.

I fought hard & kept the game under 10 the entire time. Coming out of the half I was able to trim it to 5, then 3, then 1. I had to fight & scrap & work my way back into the game....mostly by playing tough D, forcing bad shots & getting to the FT line.

However everytime I got it down to 1 OSU would extend the lead to 5 or 6 in a flash. I was starting to get worried when they were up 4 with under 2 min to play.

The last few minutes was a total dogfight. I had the ball with 30 sec left playing for the lead, but Suton missed a inside post move gimme against a double team (I tried to pass out of it to an open Summers on the wing, but Suton shot anyway).

OSU ended up winning by 8, because of intentional fouls I was forced to commit in the dying seconds. So frustrating, so real. It was a tough loss, but it really felt like the CPU earned it, I didn't feel cheated in anyway. I had to strategize in order to stand a chance, I had to slow the game down, limit the possessions and work my strengths (inside opportunites leading to FT's and driving the lane to create foul opportunities).

I need serious help on my mid range game. I can hit the 3 pretty realiztically (about 36% for the season), but I miss a lot of short shots around the basket & can't hit a 15 footer to save my life.

I need to regroup & earn a win against Minnesota to get back on track......
Old 03-21-2008, 10:42 AM   #37
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

You know this game owns your soul when?

1.When you call off work to finish up your Legacy mode?

2.You look at the clock and its 2:30am and you have to get up at 6:00am for work.

3.Your at work and all you think about is if you are going to finally get that #1 overall ranked high school player to commit to your school.

4.Your voice sounds like Bob Knight after going up against Temples 2-3 zone on MOP......

5.You watch every single State Farm College Show hopeing that one of your player is named POTW by Greg Gumble.

6. You just lose a last minute heartbreaker and you climb in bed,but all you can think about is that last second collapse.

7.Playing and your opponite goes on a 8-0 run and you call a TimeOut but you also give the "T" signal with your hands as if you are the coach.

8.When someone walks pass you while your playing and your yelling "BOXOUT........REBOND...........NO,NO..........MY GOD,WHAT ARE YOU DOING"

9.When you watch a replay more then 10 times.

10.You hit a buzzer beater to crush the hearts of your rivalry in the conference tournament,and you drop the controller and hug the first person you see and they look at you like your out of your mind........

That's when you know this game owns your soul.......

CH2K9......Where "It gets no better then this" happens
Old 03-21-2008, 10:57 AM   #38
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeth
One question: How are people going to make "correct" schedules? Are people even going to try or is it going to be waaaaaaaaaay too hard?
don't think thats possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyfat9
This game is awesome but i wish all arenas had all the camera angles.....i prefer using "Showtime" as my camera angle but i know some of the arenas do not offer that choice.
I like it. Adds realism to the games. Like playing Cameron with their unique camera.

[
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjallure24

haven't done that yet
2.You look at the clock and its 2:30am and you have to get up at 6:00am for work.
Been there
3.Your at work and all you think about is if you are going to finally get that #1 overall ranked high school player to commit to your school.
I do all my legacy write-ups at work usually so I have definately done this.
4.Your voice sounds like Bob Knight after going up against Temples 2-3 zone on MOP......
having to back the ball out in a video game and read the defense is a thing of beauty
5.You watch every single State Farm College Show hopeing that one of your player is named POTW by Greg Gumble.
usually skip it because my team isn't good enough yet
6. You just lose a last minute heartbreaker and you climb in bed,but all you can think about is that last second collapse.
Hell yeah, thinking to yourself what went wrong and 2nd guessing your own coaching
7.Playing and your opponite goes on a 8-0 run and you call a TimeOut but you also give the "T" signal with your hands as if you are the coach.
Love the fact that you have to kill momentum with TOs
8.When someone walks pass you while your playing and your yelling "BOXOUT........REBOND...........NO,NO..........MY GOD,WHAT ARE YOU DOING"
I can't remember another game where I've played standing up for long stretches screaming at my players
Love the multiple camera angle options
10.You hit a buzzer beater to crush the hearts of your rivalry in the conference tournament,and you drop the controller and hug the first person you see and they look at you like your out of your mind........
Only hit 1 and it was oh so sweet

Old 03-22-2008, 12:28 PM   #39
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjallure24

Magnificient post ... You had me in tears. I'm big on the Timeout one and the BOXOUT Rebound. NO NO MY GOD What are you doing.... Beautiful. also original poster said it all so well.

Awesome
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 03-22-2008, 05:48 PM   #40
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18

Finally, after 4 years I achieved the crowing moment in this game winning the national title with Florida State. After making the dance in each of my four seasons, this one ended in jubilation. The first two years saw me being bounced in the 2nd round. Then in year three I made it to the Final 4, only to be ousted in the semifinal. With my starting five consisting of 1 Jr and 4 SR's, the depth and experience came through in year 4. Now maybe recruiting will open up a little bit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »