Home

This game owns my soul.

This is a discussion on This game owns my soul. within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2008, 02:48 AM   #49
Rookie

benrich315's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: This game owns my soul.

See, what'll happen is. You'll go out and buy an extra copy, and the game will never break. But if you don't buy another one, you'll be like "damn, shoulda gotten that other copy"
Old 03-24-2008, 01:08 PM   #50
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

All this talk has me amped to get the game...but which version should I get PS3 or 360? NOTE: I have no interest in playing online.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:18 PM   #51
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
All this talk has me amped to get the game...but which version should I get PS3 or 360? NOTE: I have no interest in playing online.
It doesn't matter,both are same IMO.

As far as no online,I myself don't play online because the Legacy Mode will grab a hold of you and won't let go and you wouldn't want it too.......Everyday I say to myself "gotta finish up my NBA 2K8 season".....moments later,I'm playing CH2K9 because it just draws you in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2008, 06:45 PM   #52
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

I'm playing against Portland St and I'm Northern Colorado. I'm so glad to have my bigman center to do stuff. Portland's tallest player is a 6'9 sf / pf who they matchup outside because I guess he can shoot. Their center is 6'6". I pass it inside and shoot. It is like I am in middle school playing the elementary school kids. You remember when you went up against those older kids and one had a mustache? Yeah it is like that.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 03-24-2008, 10:01 PM   #53
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by soce
I think what keeps me going in this game is the goal of recruiting my IDEAL team which would consist of 2 5th year bigs, 2 4 year bigs, a super fast PG and a combination of 3 solid slasher/shooters in the 2 and 3 position and a 3-point expert for zones. Very close to what I have now except I would have another Zoubek for the blocks.

Having said that, it will be difficult to get a team that rivals my current squad all around.
I think when you do get that team though, you are going to have even more fun then you're having now.

For me playing with(and against) players who are generated by the game is always much more fun then playing with the default "real" players.(I feel the same way in all sports games)

When I get a recruit I have hope that he plays a a certain way, but no preconceived expectation of how he should perform. When I have a team full of "my" guys I feel much more immersed in the game.

When I play against default roster teams too often I think things like, "Danny Green isn't blocking enough shots or throwing up enough ill advised 3's."

"Fake" players create their Legacy in total.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:19 PM   #54
The Predator

Sportsbuck's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm going to be starting a UNC dynasty either tommorrow or tonight.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:27 PM   #55
MVP

babyfat9's Arena

OVR: 14

UNC-Asheville ...with Kenny George 7ft 7 center.....gonna see how far i can take them.

Monsters of the Midway
Chicago Bears
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2008, 10:45 PM   #56
Rookie

benrich315's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I think when you do get that team though, you are going to have even more fun then you're having now.

For me playing with(and against) players who are generated by the game is always much more fun then playing with the default "real" players.(I feel the same way in all sports games)

When I get a recruit I have hope that he plays a a certain way, but no preconceived expectation of how he should perform. When I have a team full of "my" guys I feel much more immersed in the game.

When I play against default roster teams too often I think things like, "Danny Green isn't blocking enough shots or throwing up enough ill advised 3's."

"Fake" players create their Legacy in total.
100% agree.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »