Home

College Hoops 2k13/NCAA 2013

This is a discussion on College Hoops 2k13/NCAA 2013 within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2013, 01:56 PM   #33
MVP

waytofailself's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: College Hoops 2k13/NCAA 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuiceOnTheLoose
True.. Or can NCAA just have D1 athletes have no choice? Like if you sign on for the team you can't sue anyone for using you likeness... I don't know but I doubt a single college athlete would say no to that, almost all I'm sure WANT to see themselves, I bet current players are bummed out there isn't a game they can get to play as "themselves" and their teammates. I would guess it's mostly dude's who are post-career and got washed out of the NBA and maybe running low on money who would sue
Don't think about it from the perspective of the student athletes. Think about it from the perspective of the NCAA, who has shut the door for years to keep student athletes from getting compensation of any kind for playing sports. All that revenue is to go to the schools and the NCAA.

The lawsuit would open the door to current student athletes getting a share of the revenue. That is something the NCAA is fighting kicking and screaming.

As to your proposed change above: that would not work either. That would leave people open to making profits off of "Johnny Football" (the Heisman Winner from Texas A&M) using that player's likeness when he should have every right to protect his own image from other people profiteering while doing none of the work.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:40 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by waytofailself
Don't think about it from the perspective of the student athletes. Think about it from the perspective of the NCAA, who has shut the door for years to keep student athletes from getting compensation of any kind for playing sports. All that revenue is to go to the schools and the NCAA.

The lawsuit would open the door to current student athletes getting a share of the revenue. That is something the NCAA is fighting kicking and screaming.

As to your proposed change above: that would not work either. That would leave people open to making profits off of "Johnny Football" (the Heisman Winner from Texas A&M) using that player's likeness when he should have every right to protect his own image from other people profiteering while doing none of the work.
That's a good point... Guess we can only wait and see as only time will tell.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:23 PM   #35
Rookie

DmosleyBoy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
EA does NOT have exclusive rights to college basketball man, people need to stop saying this and they didn't stop making their college bball game because of the lawsuit. Why would they stop making the basketball game because of the lawsuit and yet continue making the football game? They stop making their bball game because it sold like **** partly because it was bug filled, boring, subpar to College Hoops 2K8 and like every other college basketball game made ridiculously underpromoted considering the struggling sales of the games and all of that just didn't justify the cost of making the game. You don't just license all of college sports, that's ridiculous. There are separate licenses for each of the sports. You would have to go to the CLC for each individual sport to license it in that manner.
EA themselves said that was one of the reasons. And EA does have exclusive rights which is why noone else makes anything anymore BB or FB, you can actualy find the monopoly lawsuit on the web if you look and read the entire thing. ESPN college hoops/CB2k was killing EA and at half the cost they made a better game. EAs college football game was being out sold by NCAA Gamebreaker and every other game for that matter before they bought the rights. I never said that the liscenses arent seperate as i do not know that. Everything else ive researched myself and i believe them to be true. If you disagree then thats fine. But ive seen the print with my own eyes. So yes i will continue to say that until i find or hear something different.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2013, 11:44 PM   #36
Rookie

DmosleyBoy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmosleyBoy
EA themselves said that was one of the reasons. And EA does have exclusive rights which is why noone else makes anything anymore BB or FB, you can actualy find the monopoly lawsuit on the web if you look and read the entire thing. ESPN college hoops/CB2k was killing EA and at half the cost they made a better game. EAs college football game was being out sold by NCAA Gamebreaker and every other game for that matter before they bought the rights. I never said that the liscenses arent seperate as i do not know that. Everything else ive researched myself and i believe them to be true. If you disagree then thats fine. But ive seen the print with my own eyes. So yes i will continue to say that until i find or hear something different.
I went and did some more reading and i believe you to be absolutely right! I stand corrected and i do apologize! It seems they are all seperate liscenses. They are only being sued for a monopoly for football only! You 1 me a big fat donut!0000000000000!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
EA does NOT have exclusive rights to college basketball man, people need to stop saying this and they didn't stop making their college bball game because of the lawsuit. Why would they stop making the basketball game because of the lawsuit and yet continue making the football game? They stop making their bball game because it sold like **** partly because it was bug filled, boring, subpar to College Hoops 2K8 and like every other college basketball game made ridiculously underpromoted considering the struggling sales of the games and all of that just didn't justify the cost of making the game. You don't just license all of college sports, that's ridiculous. There are separate licenses for each of the sports. You would have to go to the CLC for each individual sport to license it in that manner.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »