Home

Interesting things that's happened in legacy.

This is a discussion on Interesting things that's happened in legacy. within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2012, 11:06 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Interesting things that's happened in legacy.

Bump for those who are interested.

Wow, I was just thinking about this thread and sawit in my history, but I didn't realize how old it was.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:21 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 5

I have 5 high school All-Americans coming to UNC next year in my current legacy. It will be an amazing year, I tell you.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:11 PM   #75
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobox88
I have 5 high school All-Americans coming to UNC next year in my current legacy. It will be an amazing year, I tell you.
The next fab five I see. Good job. Give us information about them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2012, 03:41 PM   #76
Rookie

FSanchez12's Arena

OVR: 2

Hey guys I just found this game at my local Gamestop after a year of searching and waiting for it. I will finally be able to play as Robert Morris University. Since you guys are mostly mad deep into your legacies, what does the school look like in your futures?
Old 12-13-2012, 12:28 AM   #77
MVP

I had a really interesting 18th season in my legacy. I'm currently in my 4th season at Kentucky, and I did horrible (14-18) my first losing season... ever.

Anyway I had a great NCAA tournament turn-out.
-13th seed Fairfield upset #2 Kansas St.

-Oklahoma had a "comeback season". They had been out of the tournament for quite sometime, the last time they were there they had a PF and defending Nat'l Player of the Year and his trusty side-kick at SG but got bounced in the Elite Eight by Georgia Tech. They were led by their Jr PG, they made it to the Sweet 16 before getting bounced... Nice run through.

Utah and Uconn were pretty much the best/dominate teams all year. They basically shared the #1 spot in the poll until the end of the year, which Uconn got and also awarded with the #1 overall seed in the Tourney. Utah was led by a great backcourt with their defending nat'l P.O.Y. Point Guard. Unconn was upset in the elite eight. Utah went on the the National championship game, but lost...

-Two #5 seeds advanced into the final four, beating the #1 seeds. (#5 Vanderbilt over #1 Uconn; #5 Florida over #1 San Diego St.) I watched the final/championship game match ups and it was probably the best games I've watched in all my seasons. I watched a few Florida games throughout the season, and they were probably the MOST CLUTCH team I've ever seen. They won a game in the last seconds with a 3 with put them up by 1; I can't remember the other game but they won another by a last second layup. The Vanderbilt game was no different.

Florida pretty much dominated the whole game, but in the final 5 mins, with Vanderbilt down by 15, the clutch factor started to kick in... They were trading buckets left and right. Florida down by 2, with 2-3 seconds left to go, they had the ball on their side of the court and the SF takes it to the hole and makes a game-tying layup. Overtime. Florida won the game eventually by 5 but it was still one of the best games I've seen, and second to the other game I seen that season. (I can't remember the teams but the game went to 2 OT's, but I had to simulate to end because I had to go to work)

#5 Florida vs #1 Utah
Florida won back-to-back championships years prior, if you remember that in my first post. It was nice seeing them in the final four again, kind of surprising considering they was relativity weak compared to other teams that could have been in their position. This was another close Florida game. I'm going to skip to the end because this happened a few days ago and I can't remember much, also I don't want to bore you guys even more than I've already probably done. But Florida pretty much won of the old play we've seen in College Hoops for years, the intentional foul to stop clock. Florida fouled the best player and defending P.O.Y. and he's a pretty good FT shooter, but he must have been rattled, because he missed the first of the one and one, and Florida has the ball now with 5-6 seconds to go and down by one. They bring the ball down court and dish it down low to their Sr. PF and he sets up and shoots a 6 footer and swish it goes in. Florida has won the National championship as a #5 seed. Their first title in 13 years and they become the second team in my legacy to win 3 titles.

Also thanks to Strobox for the information regarding making freshman better. I still haven't gotten any freshman out, but that's because of years in inflation of higher rated SR's and Jr's, but I have gotten a few sophomores to come out; and freshman at listed as lottery, first/second rounders; and a bunch of jr's come out now. I've also seen a few lower rated players from smaller schools come out. Also, I the freshman are alot more dominant, Florida had a fr. center who was averaging 15ppg and 6rpg that helped them out alot, and I am seeing a lot of competition for POY.. like this year their were so many Power/Major conference players that could have become the POY.

Last edited by Brock; 12-13-2012 at 12:34 AM.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:19 AM   #78
Rookie

bdawgdude's Arena

OVR: 5

Brock, how do you keep up with when teams made the tournament, coaching changes and all of that? Do you just have a good memory or do you put the info in a spreadsheet or what?

Good post btw. Keep the info coming
Old 12-16-2012, 07:27 AM   #79
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdawgdude
Brock, how do you keep up with when teams made the tournament, coaching changes and all of that? Do you just have a good memory or do you put the info in a spreadsheet or what?

Good post btw. Keep the info coming
I just basically look at everything when I'm not watching games. You can find out when teams last made the tournament by either going to the polls and pressing r3 or pressing down on the right joystick on 360 (I believe, not sure) and if you go to "conferences" and press r3 it will bring up the teams info: coaches record and the teams tournament record, how many bids they've gotten, their final four appearances/championships, it also shows when they last appeared in the tournament.

Also, I used to right the names down for coaches I felt would be really good, but I thought it was kind of pointless. I also have a good memory.

But like I said when I'm not recruiting or watching games, I just look all over the different menus and stuff, looking at RPI, winning streaks, lead leaders, etc. It keeps me more involved and interested and has kept me playing my legacy for almost 20 seasons.

Also: At the end of the season it shows the list of schools who have coaching positions open because of either retires or firings. Once you press start it will show the changes, and I just periodically check up on those coaches by going to Around the League > Teams > Coaches.

OH and one more thing lol, I actually keep a list of past champions. Never did it before, but I thought it would be cool to do. If you want I can post it.

Last edited by Brock; 12-16-2012 at 07:31 AM.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:11 PM   #80
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock
OH and one more thing lol, I actually keep a list of past champions. Never did it before, but I thought it would be cool to do. If you want I can post it.
Post it!!!!! Here's my list:

2008 Florida
2009 Florida
2010 Wash St
2011 UNC
2012 Arizona
2013 Baylor
2014 Conneticut
2015 UCLA
2016 Mizzou
2017 Duke
2018 Duke
2019 Duke
2020 Marquette
2021 Oregon
2022 Texas

I was at Baylor with Perry Jones III for the start of my dynasty, Started with 2010-2011 rosters. Didn’t win a title until 2 years after he left. He stayed all 4 years surprisingly. I left Baylor after being offered the job at Duke when Coach K retired. I then went on to win three straight titles after my 3rd year there (with my guys).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »