Home

Hex Editing Thread

This is a discussion on Hex Editing Thread within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2016, 01:11 AM   #73
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Hex Editing Thread

I got my hands on choops 2k7 for the ps2, and was finally able to figure out saves, etc I don't think it's possible to convert this years rosters into the ps2 version of the 2k7 or 2k8. I copied the name bank and where the players start in the hex, and the file size was significantly bigger. I also noticed that the ps2 version is missing a few attributes.
Old 03-08-2016, 03:05 AM   #74
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock
I got my hands on choops 2k7 for the ps2, and was finally able to figure out saves, etc I don't think it's possible to convert this years rosters into the ps2 version of the 2k7 or 2k8. I copied the name bank and where the players start in the hex, and the file size was significantly bigger. I also noticed that the ps2 version is missing a few attributes.
Oh, well thanks for looking! I wished we had a generic 2ksports editor like we do for the EA Sports games so that we could edit these databases cross-platform.
Old 03-12-2016, 01:44 PM   #75
MVP

Here's the updated rosters with the records, championships, etc re-done. I also fixed the issue with the created teams. And added a txt file for xbox users who may possibly want to do this for their rosters. Credit goes to Bpurc22 as these are his rosters, and I just edited them.

Also, I had to rename/edit some coaches from some smaller/major schools because they were still at their previous schools. I fixed a few, so beware and let me know if they're any duplicates, and if I made any errors.

For the coach records you're suppose to search the default coaches record (in hex) and replace with the new record. You have to assign a hotkey and use paste special in order to paste from notepad into whatever hex editor you're using. Never mind the ages also, you can do that in game.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Updated 15-16.zip (3.91 MB, 80 views)
File Type: txt coaches records.txt (6.6 KB, 83 views)

Last edited by Brock; 03-14-2016 at 07:24 PM. Reason: updated the coaches record file
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2016, 12:32 PM   #76
MVP

Good job on this! Question, the Big Ten conference you renamed only has 12 spaces, how do I move in Nebraska and Rutgers?
Old 03-13-2016, 01:12 PM   #77
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbits11
Good job on this! Question, the Big Ten conference you renamed only has 12 spaces, how do I move in Nebraska and Rutgers?
I used therostermaker's guide which has the sec in the a-10 conference, the only conference ingame that has 14 spots. It not entirely realistic, but you can't edit member sizes.

Last edited by Brock; 03-13-2016 at 01:19 PM.
Old 03-13-2016, 02:20 PM   #78
Rookie

great thread! great work of yours! Hope you get through this weired hex-number-stuff. I tried it by myself with a savegame, but just get confused. would pay for the realistic conferences, coaches, etc. bookmarked and will follow. Greetings from Germany.
Old 03-13-2016, 02:37 PM   #79
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxfloydxxx
great thread! great work of yours! Hope you get through this weired hex-number-stuff. I tried it by myself with a savegame, but just get confused. would pay for the realistic conferences, coaches, etc. bookmarked and will follow. Greetings from Germany.
Thank you, if you're on the ps3 I've included rosters with updated coaches and conferences as close as possible to real life. There's a few things we still want to achieve but may not be possible do to being hardcoded.

Also for xbox users:
The conference offsets are at 00367B64

If I'm not mistaken I think it's the amercian east, then followed by two big blocks of info, then after it it should be ACC, and then the rest of the conferences as usual. The conferences are going to look about the same so it shouldn't be too confusing. the "07xx" xx's being the different number and/or letters, this is the founded date, two places in front of it will be the conference sizes.

0000 - small
0001 - mid-major
0002 - major
0003 - power

Last edited by Brock; 03-13-2016 at 02:52 PM.
Old 03-13-2016, 03:15 PM   #80
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock
Thank you, if you're on the ps3 I've included rosters with updated coaches and conferences as close as possible to real life. There's a few things we still want to achieve but may not be possible do to being hardcoded.

Also for xbox users:
The conference offsets are at 00367B64

If I'm not mistaken I think it's the amercian east, then followed by two big blocks of info, then after it it should be ACC, and then the rest of the conferences as usual. The conferences are going to look about the same so it shouldn't be too confusing. the "07xx" xx's being the different number and/or letters, this is the founded date, two places in front of it will be the conference sizes.

0000 - small
0001 - mid-major
0002 - major
0003 - power
I'm on the PS3. I've just tried your customized roster. Awesome! Very close to real life, except coach age and conference names. But i guess you posted earlier, that if you start a new dynasty, you can customize the conf for good. would be great if you can find out how to put the starting date of a dynasty in 2015/16. btw. didnt find the posted offsets in my savegame.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »