Home

Custom Playbook

This is a discussion on Custom Playbook within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2020, 08:26 PM   #1
MVP

VandyRedskins21's Arena

OVR: 18
Custom Playbook

So one of my favorite features in the whole game is the custom playbook. It is probably the biggest reason I still play after all these years! I'm curious how many other people use that feature as well? If so, what are some of y'alls favorite sets/plays that you have created?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2020, 08:50 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Custom Playbook

The play creator in this game is outstanding. I created a nice triangle playbook based on some youtube videos by Doug Schakel and Basketactics, with some 5-out give and go plays in there as a change of pace (Think maybe a football air-raid spacing based offense with spread running options added in). Basketball offense was totally foreign to me but now it's alot easier to understand. Any day now I hope to get a legacy started with a terrible team and put it to the test. Was hoping to upload the playbook here but I'm not sure it's possible.

I also want to upload a roster I made with fully updated court edits but I need someone to point me to a tutorial for that....I can't get it to work when I tried to post it as an attachment.
Old 06-03-2020, 01:08 PM   #3
Rookie

Still playing this game and just made some custom plays this week, which I use as my playbook and then I use some of the one's Ive found on here for the cpu playbooks to weed out the cpu's stagnant plays, game feels much better this way. I play on AA with sliders tweak to make it realistic and as hard as possible without being impossible.

Would love to see the court edits Phil has done, I do my own as well, but nice to see what other court edits everyone has come up with.
Old 12-06-2021, 12:49 PM   #4
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandyRedskins21
So one of my favorite features in the whole game is the custom playbook. It is probably the biggest reason I still play after all these years! I'm curious how many other people use that feature as well? If so, what are some of y'alls favorite sets/plays that you have created?
I love the triangle offense and the looks you can get just by doing some motion plays
Old 12-11-2021, 12:27 PM   #5
Rookie

Would you guys mind uploading your custom playbooks?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2022, 04:34 PM   #6
MVP

VandyRedskins21's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpatt
Would you guys mind uploading your custom playbooks?
I made a video of some of the offense that I run. It's all 5-out type stuff. I'm thinking about posting more videos like this in the future with different style offenses and how to make them.

https://youtu.be/Fvga_8cZTfk
Old 07-30-2022, 11:51 AM   #7
MVP

I use it. A play called Quick is good. Pick and roll is good. I also created a couple plays.

One created play involved the center moving to the free throw line and then directly toward the basket when the guard dribbles to the top of the key. Good against man defense.

Another involves point guard moving to the top of the key which activates the PF to move in a horseshoe across the lane and toward the basket. PG passes to C who is standing beside the lane waiting for the PF to go by and receive the pass.

95% of my shots are inside shots. I recruit good PF and C. I can't imagine playing the game without the custom playbook.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »