Home

Buddy Knox Mourns 360 Death :(

This is a discussion on Buddy Knox Mourns 360 Death :( within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-25-2005, 12:00 PM   #25
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Buddy Knox Mourns 360 Death :(

st. nick is an *******. as soon as i tried to play a game, the damn system went out again. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. i should've just stayed in the arcade.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2005, 04:46 PM   #26
T*mpl* *wls

ballerzinc's Arena

OVR: 13

Just played my first game with the Knicks. I beat some guy using the Heat. Wish he would have played more sim ball but still a pretty good game. The big guys stink on the Knicks but Jamal Crawford can finish when he goes to the whole. He dropped in 31 and the self proclaimed greatest point guard in the NBA had 14 and 13.
Old 12-25-2005, 05:23 PM   #27
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

well i've managed to get my 360 to play games for now. i'm afraid to turn it off now lol. if you get time for a game of hoops let me know.

yes, the big men stink on the knicks. i think jerome "king" james is the slowest person in the game. i just get so pissed off trying to play transition d and trying to get his slow *** up the court. marbury, frye, and crawford are my most consistent players. Rose and Q especially are trash. everytime i'm in a winnable situation they find a way to miss a fast break dunk or do something to lose me the game. it kills me.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:08 PM   #28
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Knox
well i've been playing with the New York Knicks exclusively in NBA 2K6 and taking many beatings along the way. i had lost five in a row with those sonsof*****es until i finally broke the streak tonight. earlier in the week, a buddy of mine had his 360 stolen from his house. due to the fact that he didn't want his gamertag to expire, the plan was to put his gamertag on my system until we was able to purchase anothe one. so after my game of ball i decided that i was going to hop on the dashboard and give him a call since i wasn't able to get in contact with him earlier. instead of just hitting the guide button and going to the dashboard like that, i hit the eject button because i planned on playing another game after i finished with the gamertag business. however, i noticed that there 3 red lights around the power button and the screen turned black. i figured that it might just might be a minor thing, but when i reset the power the red lights appeared again and the 360 wouldn't turn on.

my 360 is dead.

i called customer support and they said that they'd overnight me a box to send them my console in. with the holidays, i'm guessing i'll get that box by monday evening-tuesday morning. then by the time they recieve my broken system and send me a replacement it might be another week. come on, it's christmas eve! eh, well if anything this break will give me time to finish up Jarhead and then start on another book. it still sucks though. i guess my 360 couldn't handle the Knicks winning.

with all this being said, this is just a reminder to everyone that you HAVE to get some kind of warrantywith these systems. they're just too expensive to be s.o.l. when microsofts initial 90 days runs out. if you don't get a warranty you're only setting yourself up for dissapointment down the road. i learned from my mistake with the original xbox. after 9 months of ownership mine puttered out on my and i had to spend my money buying a new console. never again. i personally think that microsoft offers the best option, but as long as your system is covered you can't go wrong.
sorry to hear

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-26-2005, 02:11 PM   #29
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Again, not to sound like I'm bitter, but at least you got a taste of the Xbox 360 and what it can do.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 12-26-2005, 07:20 PM   #30
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
well i've managed to get my 360 to play games for now. i'm afraid to turn it off now lol. if you get time for a game of hoops let me know.

yes, the big men stink on the knicks. i think jerome "king" james is the slowest person in the game. i just get so pissed off trying to play transition d and trying to get his slow *** up the court. marbury, frye, and crawford are my most consistent players. Rose and Q especially are trash. everytime i'm in a winnable situation they find a way to miss a fast break dunk or do something to lose me the game. it kills me.
You didn't send it back to MS yet?
Old 12-26-2005, 07:29 PM   #31
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

no mail service today so i'm assuming that the box from microsoft will come in tomorrow. hopefully after i ship my console to them it won't be too much turnaround time. i actually got my system to halfway work today, but it still gives me the error from time to time. i hope that when they send it back to me that the problem is gone completely.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2005, 09:58 PM   #32
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

Quote:
no mail service today so i'm assuming that the box from microsoft will come in tomorrow. hopefully after i ship my console to them it won't be too much turnaround time. i actually got my system to halfway work today, but it still gives me the error from time to time. i hope that when they send it back to me that the problem is gone completely.
well i tried to keep playing my 360, but it gave me the red error some more today so i said **** it and boxed it up. the only problem is that the shipping labels that microsoft gave me are from some company called dhl. we don't have any of those here in durham, nc so i scheduled for them to pick it up tomorrow.

what the hell is dhl? i looked on their website and they looked like a bunch of guys in chicken costumes. whatever happened to using fed ex, ups, or the united states postal service? needless to say, i don't have a lot of trust in this dhl company getting my package there, but if microsoft uses them i guess they're okay. we'll see...

well it's going to be wierd not playing any video games while waiting, but at least i'll be too drunk on new years to care. damn... i really wanted to play doa tomorrow too... oh well...

it's been real 360... can't wait to see you again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »