Home

Playstation Network and discussion

This is a discussion on Playstation Network and discussion within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 01:31 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Playstation Network and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk
It's funny cause as much as i love my 360. When i purchased it on launch day last year. As soon as i got home it was freezing up on me. I sent it back and didnt get it back for 6 weeks!!. When i sent it back. I called back a while after and they told me they lost my console. I was getting a million stories till i put my footdown and started speaking to supervisors. They told me i would get a game free for the trouble. They ended up sending 3 copies of PGR3 by mistake cause i kept on calling and saying i didnt get my game. I didnt return the other 2. I put them on ebay since they made me wait so long..
LOL @ Them losing your console.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:55 PM   #58
Banned

Herd90XB's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodster
No one knows including EA. My best guess would be Madden 2008.
Bummer.
Old 12-13-2006, 03:41 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 15

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3155888

Phil Harrison Hints at PS3 Firmware Features
Look for XMB multi-tasking, access to your PS3's content via Internet.

Next March has been hinted as the release date for the first substantial firmware upgrade on PlayStation 3, which Sony President of Worldwide Studios Phil Harrison apparently confirmed to those who attended a meet-and-greet with the man coordinated by Sony-funded blog ThreeSpeech.

According to the attendee, XMB multi-tasking (to what extent, however, is unknown -- can we browse the Internet while downloading a demo?), new XMB display options (a fix for the scaling issues?), new animations for audio playback, new photo album options, PlayStation Store auto-resume and a PSP Remote Access option to access PS3 content via any Internet connection are all on the table.

Sony also plans to incorporate Tivo-like features into the machine sometime in the late summer/early fall of next year.

There were also hints about the impending European launch, which may occur on March 3rd, 2007, if the attendee interpreted Harrison's suggestions correctly. Additionally, gamers shouldn't expect to see many (if any) 20GB models available overseas, a decision we'd speculate is due to the desire to take advantage of a slow production line by maximizing profits.

European gamers worried their PlayStation Network IDs have already been taken by the rest of the world can also rest easy in knowing Sony will start allowing users to register their names in the next few weeks.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:49 AM   #60
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

I'll put this under the heading "PS3 Sightings"...I was @ a Walmart last night to check out some games, and they actually brought in 6 PS3s! 4 were 60GBs & the other 2 20s...so SONYs on the ball w/ the manufacturing fo sho

mods, i didn't see any PS3 sightings or any threads like that anywhere, so put it here...if ya wanna move this ...go 'head

Last edited by Motown; 12-19-2006 at 11:51 AM.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:59 AM   #61
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Has anybody heard of any fix for ps2 games on the ps3?? Since theres been numerous reports that the games have way more jaggies when played on ps3. I myself notice that mlb show and many other games look worst on the ps3.. I really hope they fix this..
Old 12-20-2006, 11:26 AM   #62
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk
Has anybody heard of any fix for ps2 games on the ps3?? Since theres been numerous reports that the games have way more jaggies when played on ps3. I myself notice that mlb show and many other games look worst on the ps3.. I really hope they fix this..
If your using an HDMI cable, there might be on way to really fix this. HDMI doesn't carry the 480i signal, so it causes problems to games via HDMI.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:58 PM   #63
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/751/751831p1.html

Sony is delivering the ultimate Christmas gift to Japan this year: a free demo of Gran Turismo 5, set for download starting December 24 exclusively via the PlayStation Store. Thanks to Famitsu, we were able to relive our childhoods and get a sneak peak at the gift in advance.

According to the latest issue of the magazine, the demo, titled Gran Turismo HD Concept, will ship with one course and ten cars. The course is the all new Eiger Nordwand, and you'll be able to race it normal and reverse.

The car list has mostly Japanese vehicles, but there are some high profile foreign models in the bunch. Here's the full list:

Suzuki Cappuccino '95
Mazda Eunos Roadster '89
Honda Integra Type R'04
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR'96
Infinity G35 Coupe
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR'05
Lotus Elise 111R'04
Nissan Sky Liner GT-R V Spec II '94
Toyota Celica GT-FOUR Rally Car '95
Ferrari 599'06

You start the demo off exclusively with the Cappuccino, but by clearing the time attack mode in a pre-set time, you'll be able to unlock the next car. Eventually, you'll unlock a drift trial mode.

The magazine also scored an interview with Kazunori Yamauchi. The Gran Turismo series producer talked about how the demo came about, and what we can expect in the coming year from his hard working team at Polyphony Digital.

Asked to explain why Sony decided to skip out on a retail release for Gran Turismo HD, and instead focus on GT5, Yamauchi admitted that following the Tokyo Game Show, gamers expressed their desire for the full game. He made specific mention of overseas gamers, which means that if you complained on a message board, your voice might have been heard.

Yamauchi spoke vaguely on the relationship between GT5 and GTHD. While not getting into specifics, he stated that his team wants to put both GTHD Premium and GTHD Classic into the new title. Asked if Sony intends on carrying out its ambitious plans for downloadable content, Yamauchi stated that there has yet to be a decision on whether or not to carry the business model over.

On the topic of the GTHD Concept demo itself, Yamauchi revealed that the Christmas Eve download will include Polyphony's next generation driving simulation engine. According to the producer, this engine fixes such areas as drift control and drift angle. As previously announced, the demo won't have online races, but it will offer network rankings separated according to the various cars. Replays from the top ranked players will be available for download, so you can see how the best of the best race.

More downloadable content will become available before GT5's full release. Yamauchi promised a photo mode of some form to become available for download. He wouldn't give a specific time frame.

Yamauchi also promised an official announcement for Gran Turismo 5 before the next Tokyo Motor Show, scheduled for October 27, 2007. We plan on getting close and personal with the GTHD Concept demo until then.

------

Good thing that I created a JP account, a few more days.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:35 PM   #64
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman56
If your using an HDMI cable, there might be on way to really fix this. HDMI doesn't carry the 480i signal, so it causes problems to games via HDMI.
Actually thats not the fix. That has been tried already and it doesnt work. I have read numerous articles about this problem. Even on youtube.com they have videos showing the graphical difference. Ps2 games play with alot of jaggies on hdtv even if u use different types of wiring.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »