Home

well my launch 360 just died

This is a discussion on well my launch 360 just died within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2007, 11:08 AM   #41
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: well my launch 360 just died

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
It works. I've done it before. Not with an Xbox 360 but with other things where i've lost a receipt for. Heck once I exchanged the same air mattress like 4 times in a year using that method.

Oh and as for the serial number, when you check out if you notice it's on there, then you may want to just return it a few hours later and say the wife got one already or something. Or you could always try exchanging it anyways and hoping they don't check to see if it matches, and if they do, get all angry and shocked that they sold you a "used" 360 if they notice the difference.
If it works, why not give it a shot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2007, 02:54 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 47

[quote=ODogg;2853800]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottd

I don't consider it being criminal. I worked at a store at a return desk so I know the process. They send returns like defective 360's back to Microsoft and get their money back. Microsoft would fix my machine if I called anyways, the process would just take much longer.

I hear you, I am just giving you a bad time.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:31 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 9

Its still a Felony, its fraud You Will go to Jail if caught.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:42 AM   #44
Pro

Drag66's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezeframe
Its still a Felony, its fraud You Will go to Jail if caught.
Are you an attorney? I am and what they are doing is similar to shoplifting. It is a misdemeanor, not a felony. They will likely face no jail time, but will likley have to pay a fine and/or do some community service. Where I live, if what you steal is over a certain amount of money, the misdemeanor becomes a felony. The monetary amount of the 360 does not put it into the felony range.

Even if the prosecutor charges them with fraud, fraud is not always a felony.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:53 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drag66
Are you an attorney? I am and what they are doing is similar to shoplifting. It is a misdemeanor, not a felony. They will likely face no jail time, but will likley have to pay a fine and/or do some community service. Where I live, if what you steal is over a certain amount of money, the misdemeanor becomes a felony. The monetary amount of the 360 does not put it into the felony range.

Even if the prosecutor charges them with fraud, fraud is not always a felony.
you guys are really dreaming if you think any retailer would charge someone on this. talk about bad press, people would be afraid to shop there in case they had to return something and got accused of a crime. the worst they would do is simply tell you that you weren't getting your money back and you weren't able to exchange it, end of story.

also, i worked in a department store for 5 years at the return desk, you guys would be amazed how much people get away with. returning a 360 in a box with a receipt but mismatching serial numbers? LOL!! i've seen guys return tv's we didn't even sell at our store at all and they argue a bit, throw a scene and the manager just tells the employee to give them $100 store credit. trust me, stores that make the kind of money that walmarts do are not going to even blink an eye over this kind of stuff.

with that being said, i still do not like having to do it simply because i'm an honest person and although i know walmart will get their money back it's just the whole fact that it's somewhat dishonest that i don't like. however i fully plan to go through with it when i get paid next friday. a few minutes of feeling nervous is well worth not having to send off my xbox and be without it for 2 to 3 weeks (not to mention the xbox i get back still may end up being a piece of junk)

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2007, 09:24 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 10

well my launch 360 is dead as well. I got it to work for one more day then the rings returned.

So, is Microsoft still replacing the launch versions if you contact them and send it back? I heard they were at one point, but didn't know if they still are honoring this? I realize it will probably take forever to send it and get it back, but it beats the alternative of finding $500. If buying a new one is the only option (aside from the walmart strategy) then I'm afraid I may be done with gaming for sometime, especially if the life expectancy of these things is an absurd 1-2 yrs?!?!?

What a bummer...
Old 01-11-2007, 09:32 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasco11
well my launch 360 is dead as well. I got it to work for one more day then the rings returned.

So, is Microsoft still replacing the launch versions if you contact them and send it back? I heard they were at one point, but didn't know if they still are honoring this? I realize it will probably take forever to send it and get it back, but it beats the alternative of finding $500. If buying a new one is the only option (aside from the walmart strategy) then I'm afraid I may be done with gaming for sometime, especially if the life expectancy of these things is an absurd 1-2 yrs?!?!?

What a bummer...
1-2 years, there are some 360's that can't make it past 90 days. Call MS I believe all launch consoles are covered for replacement. You could also go the Walmart route.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:40 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasco11

What a bummer...
yeah as of last week MS was still honoring the returns for launch ones. i'll post how my walmart experience is next weekend if you're wondering how that whole thing works.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »