Home

I don't have either system (Xbox 360 or PS3)....

This is a discussion on I don't have either system (Xbox 360 or PS3).... within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2007, 10:04 AM   #73
MVP

koebner's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: I don't have either system (Xbox 360 or PS3)....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1039greenday
I too am having a similar problem.Now that baseball game season is coming, I figure that I am due for a new system.
So, which system is the best for me?
1. I do not play online ( I do, however, go online for roster updates )
2. i do not have an HDTV
3. I only play baseball and soccer games

Which is the best for me?
Honestly,a PS2.It's the only console sporting 3 new baseball titles this season-MVP 07,MLB 07 The Show,and MLB 2K7.
There will be a new Winning Eleven soccer game this spring as well.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:30 AM   #74
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by koebner
Honestly,a PS2.It's the only console sporting 3 new baseball titles this season-MVP 07,MLB 07 The Show,and MLB 2K7.
There will be a new Winning Eleven soccer game this spring as well.
If he wants a new next gen system, than the PS3 would be his best option. He can play MVP 07,MLB 07 The Show,and MLB 2K7.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:51 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 4

My X360 died circa 1/17/07, Literally 1 year and 1 week after purchase. I called M$ to ask if I might be able to get a replacement 360 or at least a deal on one since it was so close to the warranty running out. When I proposed this the customer service rep literally chuckled and said something or other. I was too busy losing it to hear what he was saying. So, I sure hope the PS3 has some good games coming out cause there's no way I'll be giving M$ anymore of my money.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2007, 06:00 PM   #76
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdseed316
My X360 died circa 1/17/07, Literally 1 year and 1 week after purchase. I called M$ to ask if I might be able to get a replacement 360 or at least a deal on one since it was so close to the warranty running out. When I proposed this the customer service rep literally chuckled and said something or other. I was too busy losing it to hear what he was saying. So, I sure hope the PS3 has some good games coming out cause there's no way I'll be giving M$ anymore of my money.
Sorry to hear about your 360. The PS3 games start rolling out next month and March will be even better.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:55 PM   #77
All Star

Jonesy's Arena

OVR: 27

Damn that sucks bdseed, i would be PO'd if that happened to me as well.

For the guys that own a ps3 are any of the games released thus far "must haves"? I'm not really into baseball all that much so are there any huge ps3 exclusives that will make it a worthy purchase? Most of the sports game will be released on both so it boils down to GOW and HALO vs what sony has coming up.

A console is only as good as the games released for it after all.......
Old 01-18-2007, 07:23 PM   #78
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdseed316
At some point the warranty has to stop. I understand the frustration but if my trucks drive train warranty runs out 1 week before major issues the company will not accept the "it's so close to end of warranty though" reasoning.
If my 360, WII or PS3 has issues after the warranty expires I wouldn't expect them to honor the expired warranty.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 01-18-2007, 07:24 PM   #79
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy
Damn that sucks bdseed, i would be PO'd if that happened to me as well.

For the guys that own a ps3 are any of the games released thus far "must haves"? I'm not really into baseball all that much so are there any huge ps3 exclusives that will make it a worthy purchase? Most of the sports game will be released on both so it boils down to GOW and HALO vs what sony has coming up.

A console is only as good as the games released for it after all.......
I wouldn't say any out yet are must haves personally. Now when MLB the Show drops that's another story.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 01-18-2007, 07:26 PM   #80
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
At some point the warranty has to stop. I understand the frustration but if my trucks drive train warranty runs out 1 week before major issues the company will not accept the "it's so close to end of warranty though" reasoning.
If my 360, WII or PS3 has issues after the warranty expires I wouldn't expect them to honor the expired warranty.
What sucks for him though is that people who have a launch Xbox 360 still have their warranty in effect. He got one near the launch but not on it. And yet if he'd waited a little bit longer then he'd still have the warranty as well. He's like in this no-mans land when it comes to that. That does suck. I'd do the Walmart trick to get a new 360 if I were him.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »