Home

PS3 Chief: No Price Drop Before June 2008

This is a discussion on PS3 Chief: No Price Drop Before June 2008 within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2007, 12:31 AM   #17
K*ngs *f th* D*nc*!

PdiddyPop's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: PS3 Chief: No Price Drop Before June 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondadda
The HD v. Blu Ray argument is worthless. LG has already realeased a dual-format player, and probably most other manufacturers will follow in its wake. Thereby making a single format player, like the PS3, inferior (especially with its slow 2X speed).
Yep. LG killed that war before it even got started.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:59 AM   #18
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Exactly, when you got them reeling, throw the knockout punch. It'd force Sony's hand for sure.

I understand how Sony does not want to lower the price but they could at least add in some things that would not cost them a lot more, to make the purchase more of a value, such as perhaps a game or two, some of the early ones from the launch that people would desire and maybe another controller or something. If they just continue to go how things are going now they're not going to like the results.
Or an HDMI cable or at least component cables. I have one and was very disappointed I had to buy an HD cable. I had a feel it wasn't coming with HDMI, but no component even?!
Old 01-24-2007, 01:16 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondadda
The HD v. Blu Ray argument is worthless. LG has already realeased a dual-format player, and probably most other manufacturers will follow in its wake. Thereby making a single format player, like the PS3, inferior (especially with its slow 2X speed).
The HD war will be decided long before stand alone dual payers become affordable (like under $200). The average Joe won't be buying one of those for another couple of years. The majority of consumers (because of the 360 add-on at a fraction of the price of stand alone players) will have HD DVD's in thier collection because the Xbox players is what most of them have, and being creatures of habit, would be very resistant to mixing up thier collection, they stay with what they know. If HD DVD's start getting way ahead in sales it will also lead to the studios to adopt that format only because it's cost effective just like the VHS\Beta wars. By the time the combo players are a popular purchase it's doubtful they'll be any Blueray discs avaiable on a wide scale.

Simply put Sony screwed up the PS3 because they waited too long to debut after the 360 and because they waited so long there was no excuse not to have a big library of killer games immediately available for it. MS could afford to build thier library slowly as they were the only next gen console available. Not to mention nobody at Sony could foresee the Wii having such a big impact while coming out at the same time.

In a nutshell:
Reasons to get an Xbox-great games and online play.
Reasons to get a Wii- innovative and family friendly and cheaper.
Reasons to get a PS3-nothing comes to mind.

Last edited by Seymour Scagnetti; 01-24-2007 at 01:28 AM.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:57 AM   #20
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti

Reasons to get a PS3-nothing comes to mind.
Its quieter, more reliable, and....its....too sexy for your TV...too sexy.

Last edited by HMcCoy; 01-24-2007 at 04:37 AM.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:07 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeTime23
Or an HDMI cable or at least component cables. I have one and was very disappointed I had to buy an HD cable. I had a feel it wasn't coming with HDMI, but no component even?!
yeah really, my feelings are, for that price it should come with all cables, two controllers and a game, even if it's not a very good game, but it should be a complete system at least.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2007, 09:24 AM   #22
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike95
The 360 is also competing with the Wii. Isn't Wii already outselling the 360 month to month? The 360 will need to lower the price to appeal to casual gamers.
The Wii can easily be a secondary console to the 360, like the ps2. I think the ps2 and wii are competing with each other more than with the 360 or ps3. But the will still is competing with the 360 and ps3 I guess.

"Casual gamers" can get either of those two for relatively cheaply, while getting bang for their buck.

Last edited by bkfount; 01-24-2007 at 09:50 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »