Home

Decided to stick with the 360

This is a discussion on Decided to stick with the 360 within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2007, 01:27 PM   #9
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58
Re: Decided to stick with the 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongedaddy
Sony bullied Sega and now MS is going to bully Sony. I believe MS war chest is much MUCH deeper then Sony's.
I highly doubt this.

System has been only out for two months. Most games are ports. As of now 360 has an definite advantage but a lot can change in a year and Sony will do everything they can do make it happen. People expected way too much from this system. Some of us were planning to be blown away with graphics right away from the release. This wasn't going to happen.

From reading the specs, the PS3 has a chance to blow the 360 away. But this again depends on the game developers to unlock the hidden power. When it is all said and done the graphics might be the same at the end, but remember the Cell isn't only suppose to deliver super graphics but revolutionize gameplay and AI physics. Big reason why I am really excited about the PS3 is the Cell processor.

I'm not trying to convince anyone to go either way. I have both and recently I have been playing my PS3 more. I loved my Xbox and love my 360 but PS3 will be the better long term investment IMO. It's an amazing console that needs some time.

And personally price wise, the PS3 was cheaper for me.

Xbox 360 - $399
HD-DVD Player - $199.99
Network Adapter - $99.99
Total: More than the PS3.

I know not everyone needs all that mentioned above, but I did so I find the PS3 to be cheaper.
Old 01-27-2007, 01:46 PM   #10
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

I've seen several PS3's in stores now. LIke someone said above, no impulse to buy it whatsoever. Maybe when that killer exclusive title drops I'll get one, but at this point, for me, that game has yet to be released.
Old 01-27-2007, 01:56 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 9

If you already have a 360 then I don't see any reason to get a PS3. There really isn't that much difference. Not worth the money whatsoever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2007, 02:09 PM   #12
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodster
Yesterday I stopped by and picked up Pirates for the PSP @ Gamestop. I asked the clerk how's the PS3 selling and he said they have 6 60gb systems and few are buying them. He made the comment he thought it was the price.

I personally think it's that plus there's almost no games that make you want to part with $600+ dollars. We'll see if that still holds true when the PS3 starts getting some good games in March.
I have been without my xbox 360 for over a month now and I don't even miss it, I love the PS3 and It is the next-gen system for me, and now that my cousin gave me his PSP because he's going to the army, I having fun with both. The thing that bothers me is that I paid more for my 360 and all accsessiors when it was all said and done then I did for my PS3 on ebay, when you buy the PS3 there's no add on's you need like I did with the 360, so the price thing is just bull.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 01-27-2007, 02:29 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

I haven't touched my PS3 in about 2 weeks now, other than to watch some movies on it. It's a glorified Blu Ray player at this point, and from the looks of the launch list for the next 6 months, the only game that will see any playing time on it is MLB The Show 07. I'm not disappointed with it, but in terms of gaming, the 360 blows it out of the water. Well, at this point, at least.
Old 01-27-2007, 02:59 PM   #14
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
I have been without my xbox 360 for over a month now and I don't even miss it, I love the PS3 and It is the next-gen system for me, and now that my cousin gave me his PSP because he's going to the army, I having fun with both. The thing that bothers me is that I paid more for my 360 and all accsessiors when it was all said and done then I did for my PS3 on ebay, when you buy the PS3 there's no add on's you need like I did with the 360, so the price thing is just bull.
LMAO!!!
Old 01-27-2007, 03:10 PM   #15
MVP

HungryBologna's Arena

OVR: 19

Well I agree with pretty much all of what has been said but I don't see how anyone can they are happy they got rid of their 360 and now have a PS3. We understand some were worried and fed up with the "breakdowns" of the 360 but there's no need to keep justifing your purchase of the PS3, but if thats what makes people feel better, more power to ya.

Right now, for gaming purposes, the 360 is at the top.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2007, 03:11 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
the difference in all the accessories is you have a CHOICE. No one forces to buy a wireless network adapter for the 360. All those extras are included in the price on the PS3. You may not miss your 360 but it damn sure ain't because you're playing all those PS3 games.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »