Home

PS3 Price cut?

This is a discussion on PS3 Price cut? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2007, 07:34 PM   #33
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: PS3 Price cut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ23
wtf are talking about.... i own a 360 and wont ever go back to old gen systems... how do i have issues i just said that blu ray is a big part of the ps3 and hd dvd is a big part of the 360 thats it..now fall back
Except hd-dvd is not a big part of the 360.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 02-03-2007, 07:56 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

I bought a 360 to play games. The HD-DVD is a nice add on, but I would of bought one still if it didn't have HD-DVD.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:55 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
I bought a 360 to play games. The HD-DVD is a nice add on, but I would of bought one still if it didn't have HD-DVD.
i own a 360 without the addition of hd dvd and i enjoy it very much and i play it on a standard television..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2007, 12:50 AM   #36
MVP

jpup's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ23
i own a 360 without the addition of hd dvd and i enjoy it very much and i play it on a standard television..
why don't you have a gamertag if you own a 360?
Old 02-04-2007, 02:20 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 14

I'm surrendering to the fact that he is a troll. Clearly he doesn't know what he's talking about and he's making himself look like an idiot in the process.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:57 AM   #38
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpup
why don't you have a gamertag if you own a 360?
Because, it might be Mr. Gillateen.
Old 02-04-2007, 04:38 PM   #39
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman56
Because, it might be Mr. Gillateen.
I sure hope you have proof of this statement...because 'calling out' users with absolutley no basis or evidence (or doing it at all) is heavily frowned upon.

I will wait on your proof that they are the same person. I hope you have it. And please, take this post very seriously.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 02-05-2007, 02:45 AM   #40
MVP

Dondadda's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottd
This a joke right. The 360 and PS3 blow away the PS2 and Xbox in graphics. Just look at the games
No, I am not joking.

And yes, I am looking at the games . . . most of which barely beat out what was available on the XBOX. Many of the PS3 and 360 games out right now are just head-shaking in their lack of quality. It's a disgrace. I'm shocked at the marginal improvement from the last generation. It's the worst that there's ever been from one generation to another.

That being said, I have over $200 in Gamestop money that will start decreasing in December (because I've held it that long anticipating a next-gen console purchase). I'm trying to size up all 3, and the decision is a difficult one.

If I didn't have a wall-mounted HDTV, I'd probably get the Wii. But I can see the sensor being tough to calibrate about 2 feet below the TV. The Wii with the rumored DVD playback capability will be a plus because it will probably play my small Handicam mini-DVDs (8 cm), which neither the 360 nor the PS3 will play. Plus, the announcement of APF 2K8, and the uncertainty of whether it will be on the Wii, leads me away from the Wii.

I've almost bitten on a 360 (half price with my credit, why not I guess) but the poor quality of most of the sports games and the reliability problems keep sending me back. If I knew when the 65 nm CPUs were coming out, I'd probably wait for a "new" 360. But no one seems to know.

So, although most of the PS3 games are decidedly last-gen, I am leaning towards the PS3, solely because it has the best value for the dollar. Not very ecstatic about the console, but I'm not about to let my credit start taking "maintenance fees" and decreasing. Gotta have a console by the AFL 2K8 release, too.

As for the PSP - it truly is the only revolutionary console out right now. Think about how many barriers its broken on the handheld front. Extremely impressive, and it's a shame that Sony doesn't market it more. Too many great games out for it now to count.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »