Home

Phil Harrison: Playstation Launch Most......

This is a discussion on Phil Harrison: Playstation Launch Most...... within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2007, 04:06 PM   #1
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33
Phil Harrison: Playstation Launch Most......

Most Successful??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2007, 05:47 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Phil Harrison: Playstation Launch Most......

He's a BS artist. It's in last place everywhere, it's getting spanked by the Wii 3 to 1 in Japan. Once they drop the price sales should pick up.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:49 PM   #3
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Didn't seem like he was too prepared for that IGN interview at all. Seems like he was completely caught by surprise by the 360 achievement question.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:57 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Oh this makes me chuckle...ok, not chuckle but LOL

It has been rumored that Killzone 2 will be shown at GDC and that a demo is going to be released to counteract Microsoft's Halo 3 multiplayer beta this spring. Harrison would not comment on the Killzone speculation, but dismissed the idea that Sony had to focus its planning to counteract Halo 3. "I have a great deal of respect for Halo, I think it's a great piece of software, but it's one title," Harrison said. "I think that it's very dangerous to build an entire brand personality or platform around a single title.

It's even more dangerous to build your entire platform around no titles, like the PS3. Heh, I know what he's saying but the last thing Sony needs to do is criticize the titles on the system considering the 360 "killer" titles vs PS3 "killer" titles at this point in time.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 02-13-2007, 08:46 PM   #5
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

The PS3 has some titles coming up. MLB, Killzone, God of War(Iknow PS2, but eventually, you expect a GOW3 for PS3), MGS(for now), Socom, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2007, 08:54 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjonesfan921
The PS3 has some titles coming up. MLB, Killzone, God of War(Iknow PS2, but eventually, you expect a GOW3 for PS3), MGS(for now), Socom, etc.
Yes but those titles are not launch titles. The 360 also has some great titles up and coming, so does the Wii.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 02-13-2007, 09:06 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 1

[quote=ODogg;2939785]Oh this makes me chuckle...ok, not chuckle but LOL

It has been rumored that Killzone 2 will be shown at GDC and that a demo is going to be released to counteract Microsoft's Halo 3 multiplayer beta this spring. Harrison would not comment on the Killzone speculation, but dismissed the idea that Sony had to focus its planning to counteract Halo 3. "I have a great deal of respect for Halo, I think it's a great piece of software, but it's one title," Harrison said. "I think that it's very dangerous to build an entire brand personality or platform around a single title.

Phil is right... xbox was build around halo.... now 360 is build around gears of war then halo 3 when it comes out...
Old 02-13-2007, 09:59 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodster
He's a BS artist. It's in last place everywhere, it's getting spanked by the Wii 3 to 1 in Japan. Once they drop the price sales should pick up.
That's true, but considering their MO when it comes to hype and supply, they had the whole US up in arms during the launch, while charging more than the competition. Also, one of the major components of the PS3 is the Blu Ray technology... Wasn't there an article declaring Blu Ray the winner,..... or what was that about?
So it's really not that bad of a release considering PS library at the moment is the worst part of marketing. To say it's lacking is an understatement.
Considering also the fact that the first year of production cost-wise is a loss for just about every company, but on the horizon is nothing but profit.

Saying that, Microsoft is doing well for themselves at the moment, as is Nintendo. Sony apparently isn't complaining?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »