Home

PS3 Future and Variation of Games

This is a discussion on PS3 Future and Variation of Games within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2007, 11:56 PM   #1
MVP

FAM CEO's Arena

OVR: 10
PS3 Future and Variation of Games

I am looking into buying a PS3 (finally convinced my wife) and the main reason, so far, is because of the slight difference in Madden 07 gameplay. I know that is not the best reason, but after playing the demo at EB and seeing some of the new animations (gang tackling), I could not play the 360 version any longer. My question is, will this be a trend going forward or will all cross platform games have the same features and functionality?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2007, 11:58 PM   #2
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: PS3 Future and Variation of Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by concealed
I am looking into buying a PS3 (finally convinced my wife) and the main reason, so far, is because of the slight difference in Madden 07 gameplay. I know that is not the best reason, but after playing the demo at EB and seeing some of the new animations (gang tackling), I could not play the 360 version any longer. My question is, will this be a trend going forward or will all cross platform games have the same features and functionality?
The only reason why nba 2k7 and madden 07 added animations and a couple other things was because of time and they wanted to give people a reason to buy the same game. Games are going to have pretty much the same features.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 02-15-2007, 12:15 AM   #3
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
The only reason why nba 2k7 and madden 07 added animations and a couple other things was because of time and they wanted to give people a reason to buy the same game. Games are going to have pretty much the same features.
Bingo. EA and 2K had more time to develop these games and add on and fix from the previous version.

But gang tackling for half a year shouldn't justify buying a $599.99 system, I have both and honestly as of now, there is no reason to buy the PS3. It has tons of potential but that doesn't mean you should buy it. (I bought my for The Show because I love baseball)

Even though a couple of these games looks better (longer dev. time), there are some frame rate issues in most of them. Which is one thing that worries me for the multi platform games. Interacting the PPU and the SPUs together for the PS3 causes developers great headaches. I don't want to get into a whole big technical post but in short terms, PS3 exclusives should shine but for multi platform, 360 is the way to go for now. I believe next year, developers will be basing their games of the 360 as well. Problem with multi platform games is the code for the PS3 has to be rewritten. Until someone (Sony hopefully) designs a universal tool to program games on the PS3. They will not get any help from IBM for this since IBM got what they wanted out of the deal and that is a powerful chip for their servers.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:17 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 25

Next year the games will be essentially identical on both systems. So either one is good.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:25 AM   #5
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
Next year the games will be essentially identical on both systems. So either one is good.
Do you think this is also true for real time strategy games?

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2007, 12:31 AM   #6
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
Do you think this is also true for real time strategy games?
If this wasn't meant as a joke, it still made me mucus out my nose. LOL!! Yeah, Empire Earth 2 is a good example of being "good" right?? The games are going to be different on each console. The factor is if you want to go online with XBOX Live and get a few of their exclusives compared to what Sony has. Essentially Identical......classic stuff.....I think he forgot the cross-platform in front of games. :y4:
Old 02-15-2007, 12:37 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_mist
If this wasn't meant as a joke, it still made me mucus out my nose. LOL!! Yeah, Empire Earth 2 is a good example of being "good" right?? The games are going to be different on each console. The factor is if you want to go online with XBOX Live and get a few of their exclusives compared to what Sony has. Essentially Identical......classic stuff.....I think he forgot the cross-platform in front of games. :y4:
What?
Old 02-15-2007, 12:41 AM   #8
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
What?
Yes Luv_mist... explain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »