Home

Bidding on a 360 on E-Bay

This is a discussion on Bidding on a 360 on E-Bay within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2007, 09:05 PM   #1
Pro

dansaint's Arena

OVR: 8
Bidding on a 360 on E-Bay

Now it's just the console I'm bidding on (they basically bill it as a backup/replacement). No cables, hard drive, or controller. My max bid is $30 and I'm leading right now at $15 with about 18 hrs to go.

I don't have a HD TV...so what kind of cables would I need.

Also, do they make RF Adapters for the 360? My TV doesn't have AV slots, just that little knob on the back that requires the male port to be plugged in.

How much would it run me to get the required cables? I don't think it comes with a power pack either? But for $15 to get a working console...I have to assume it's a good deal regardless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2007, 09:20 PM   #2
L.A. to S.D. to HI

Boltman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Bidding on a 360 on E-Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansaint
Now it's just the console I'm bidding on (they basically bill it as a backup/replacement). No cables, hard drive, or controller. My max bid is $30 and I'm leading right now at $15 with about 18 hrs to go.

Also, do they make RF Adapters for the 360? My TV doesn't have AV slots, just that little knob on the back that requires the male port to be plugged in.

How much would it run me to get the required cables? I don't think it comes with a power pack either? But for $15 to get a working console...I have to assume it's a good deal regardless.
If you think you are getting a good working 360 @ only $15, I'm telling you now bro, that is just crap, it is a ****e deal, drop out if ya can.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:32 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 7

Might get the 360 Box no way in hell its an actually 360.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:38 PM   #4
MVP

Lester206's Arena

OVR: 9

why isnt the person selling the cables or any controllers with it? i would be careful. could be a broken 360, one thats been opened up, or bricked.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:45 PM   #5
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:

First, do you honestly think you're going to get even a bricked 360 for $30? If so, I have oceanfront property in Nebraska to sell you. I've seen sale prices of items climb $150 in the last hour of an auction.

Second, no cables, no hard drive, no controller, and you are confident this thing functions? Sounds like it's bricked to me.

Good luck, but you're probably getting scammed. Then again, probably not, because the chances of you winning this auction for less than $30 are about the same as Britney Spears abstaining from drinking for the rest of 2007.

Take care,
PK
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2007, 09:48 PM   #6
Pro

dansaint's Arena

OVR: 8

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=250091146665

here's the link to the item...
Old 03-05-2007, 10:02 PM   #7
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Well if you buy the warranty with it it might be worth it.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 03-06-2007, 12:24 AM   #8
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

Don't get your hopes up. This is a common scam on ebay. An item is listed at a ridiculously low price. You put in low bid, you lead right up until the final hour. Then the leading bid mysteriously skyrockets and you start getting e-mails asking if you want to put in a higher bid. It's rip-off city.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »