Home

Selling my PS3...

This is a discussion on Selling my PS3... within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2007, 01:12 AM   #33
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28
Re: Selling my PS3...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
I'd be first to admit that gaming is not on the top of my priorities. I can go days without turning my 360 on. Yet I want a ps3...lol.
I use it more as a DVD player.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:57 AM   #34
MVP

Brian_OS's Arena

OVR: 14

I'm 39 and my gaming habits have changed quiet a bit over the years. The older guys here will remember when we could not rent games and with no internet, we had to either take a chance on a game or wait until the gaming mags would hit the stands to check out the reviews. I would go to the nearest book store every week looking for the newest gaming rags. I have all the systems and they all fit my needs for right now in a differnt way.

PS3- I use the Blueray player/ Netflicks - good games will come down the pipe in good time.

360- Main machine I play sports games and demo's ( Monday night golf with my buddies is a blast)

Wii- Family machine ( I have a 7 year old)

PC- WOW and Company of Hero's with friends.

So I have a use for all of them and would not sell them unless I was really hard up for cash. Back in the day I always had a giddy feeling when I was driving home with a new game. Just today I forgot I bought Tiger for the Wii and left it in my car
Old 03-15-2007, 09:12 AM   #35
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTNING
PK, what are your PC specs? I just added some memory to my PC and it still is not enough. I agree though that the mods make PC gaming more attractive. If you have quality PC hardware it is a no brainer.
I play PC games on my 2004 IBM laptop, as wacky as that sounds. It's a 1.7 gHz Pentium M, 1 MB RAM, 60 GB hard drive. Where I get into trouble is with the Radeon video card -- it's only 32 MB. That kills my chances of using any game made after late 2004.

Still, I can run a ton of good, older racing games, such as Grand Prix Legends, Rally Trophy, NASCAR Racing 2003 Season, F1 Challenge 99-02 and Dirt Track Racing Sprint Cars. Those games still are tops in their respective genres today or stand up very well to the current competition.

I also ran Operation Flashpoint and the original Call of Duty, which were fun as hell. Tiger Woods 2005 ran just fine, too.

All great fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTNING
I think PC gaming is the future. Much better hardware for just a few hundred dollars more. It is worth it if you want quality.
That's a DAMN good point, Lightning. I never thought of that! In the past, PC's cost as much as 10 times that of a console. Now a decent gaming PC costs maybe 1.5 to two times that of an Xbox 360 or PS3.

Very good point.

Take care,
PK
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2007, 09:37 AM   #36
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
The Wii, along with the PSP, are the only true "next gen" consoles on the market
PSP is NOT a console. and the Wii is anything but "next-gen".
Old 03-15-2007, 11:22 AM   #37
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
PSP is NOT a console. and the Wii is anything but "next-gen".
He's been saying the psp is the most revolutionary thing ever for awhile. But I don't get how people can call the wii "next-gen" simply because of it's control scheme.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 03-15-2007, 11:24 AM   #38
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
He's been saying the psp is the most revolutionary thing ever for awhile. But I don't get how people can call the wii "next-gen" simply because of it's control scheme.
the wii is far from next gen, that I agree with you 100%.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 03-15-2007, 11:34 AM   #39
All Star

OVR: 20

The Wii had promise to bring new innovations to the next gen with its control scheme, but when you read about inaccurate control with games like Tiger Woods and Red Steel, it makes you wonder.

Hey, the neGcon was a very innovative and effective racing controller for the PSX, but no one called that "next gen" or ever said it thrust the PSX into next-gen territory.

And when you think of it, that's all the Wii has going for it -- a fresh control scheme. There's nothing in the hardware, graphics or feature set that we haven't seen before. The lower price helps, but is a turbo-charged GameCube with a new control scheme really worth 2 1/2 times the retail price of a GameCube? I'm not sure.

The PSP is not revolutionary at all. It puts a PS2 into a handheld. Nintendo has been there and done that 10 years ago by putting an 8-bit NES into the GameBoy Color. Shrinking old technology into a new, smaller machine isn't the hallmark of a revolution.

Take care,
PK

Last edited by pk500; 03-15-2007 at 11:38 AM.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:46 AM   #40
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I'll be 35 and still love to play sports games but I also don't usually play much anymore either. I usually get a few hours in a week and rarely can play more than one game at a sitting due to having a family. I am playing the Show '07 every day right now if I can. Not playing all the time actually keeps the games fresh for me. I still love my PS2 and because I no longer have the time or money to play expensive games, I will not buy next gen until there is a price drop and the games on next gen are clearly better. Right now all I play is football and baseball and the PS2 is the best console for those right now (for me).

I refuse to do PC gaming since I want to play on a big screen and don't want to spend all the money to upgrade my PC. Quite frankly, expensive new computers are more of a ripoff than the next gen consoles imo. Most of us just use our home computer to surf the internet, bank and run office pools. I have a very basic computer to handle those needs. It would cost far more to upgrade to play PC games than console games and games like NCAA and the Show aren't available on PC either. Its a big pain in the *** if you ask me depending on the type of games you like.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »