Home

MS response to Home

This is a discussion on MS response to Home within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2007, 02:54 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: MS response to Home

I hope so but right now it looks pretty bad. They were supposed to have a online service that was better than the 360. Now I didn't think that would happen, but I did think it would be better than what they have now.............and yes the Wii is selling well because of the price. The PS3 would of sold 2x as much by now if they sold a Blue Ray add on like MS did with the 360. Then sold the PS3 for $399. But they forced their Blue Ray on everyone, most who don't even have the ability to use it.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:59 PM   #10
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
I hope so but right now it looks pretty bad. They were supposed to have a online service that was better than the 360. Now I didn't think that would happen, but I did think it would be better than what they have now.............and yes the Wii is selling well because of the price. The PS3 would of sold 2x as much by now if they sold a Blue Ray add on like MS did with the 360. Then sold the PS3 for $399. But they forced their Blue Ray on everyone, most who don't even have the ability to use it.
What would you think if PS3 came out and charged people for the online service? If it it improved drastically I wouldn't mind paying. Even charging half of XBL wouldn't be bad if they improved online speeds and features.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:03 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

I would pay for it if it was improved, definitely.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2007, 03:17 PM   #12
An Old Trafford

Leon's Arena

OVR: 16

One thing I don't get is that with last-gen, everyone was complaining that PS2 needed add-ons to get X Functionality to work unlike the X-Box which already had it out of the box. Now that the PS3 is offering something out of the box unlike the 360 which needs an add-on to do so, everyone's complaining it's being shoved in their face.

What's the deal? It practically costs the same if you make the HD-DVD standard on the 360. I own a 360 and I'm quite happy with it and I plan to get a PS3 soon. I just don't understand the double-standard.

@nicroni
Old 03-10-2007, 03:23 PM   #13
kac
Pro

OVR: 4

I have a 360 and ps3 and I dont think the psn is that bad its not live but its free and it serves its purpose I have no trouble playing games on it.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:24 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon
One thing I don't get is that with last-gen, everyone was complaining that PS2 needed add-ons to get X Functionality to work unlike the X-Box which already had it out of the box. Now that the PS3 is offering something out of the box unlike the 360 which needs an add-on to do so, everyone's complaining it's being shoved in their face.

What's the deal? It practically costs the same if you make the HD-DVD standard on the 360. I own a 360 and I'm quite happy with it and I plan to get a PS3 soon. I just don't understand the double-standard.
Because they were the same price (ps2 and xbox). But the HD-DVD is not standard and at least you have an option. I would be pissed if the 360 costs $599 and the Hd-DVD was built in.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:31 PM   #15
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by kac
I have a 360 and ps3 and I dont think the psn is that bad its not live but its free and it serves its purpose I have no trouble playing games on it.
Well sony dubbed it as the xbox live killer and had all these plans to have every xbox live has plus more.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2007, 03:42 PM   #16
kac
Pro

OVR: 4

I just dont understand the hate people have for microsoft or sony my 360 has been to the repair shop 4 times and I still dont hate the 360.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »