Home

Microsoft Unveils Xbox 360 Elite

This is a discussion on Microsoft Unveils Xbox 360 Elite within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2007, 08:54 AM   #41
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70
Re: Microsoft Unveils Xbox 360 Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyTop1
the cheaper ps3 doesn't have built in Wifi...at least I don't think it does.
It does not. But, you can add it pretty cheaply with PC parts. That's one thing that Sony did really smart. Want a bigger HDD? Add your own. Want a camera? add your own. Want Wi-Fi outside of the box, add your own.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2007, 08:55 AM   #42
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman56
I agree that what MS is offering here is worth the price at $80 more since your getting 100gb more + HDMI if you DO NOT OWN a 360 already. If you own one already, there is no incentive to upgrade to this model and that is where MS has made the mistake. If they would have added WiFi, then this package would be more interesting of a deal.

I bet these things sell, since their not doing away with the CORE or PREMIUM, this is just another option. If they are only making an initial run of 100,000 ELITE's, it might not hurt them. EG, you know as well as I do that there will be people out there which will upgrade to this or people that see the larger HDD and jump all over it.

I do agree with you, for $20 more you can get the 20gb PS3 which on a hardware vs. hardware basis, the PS3 wins flatout.

I think its best to wait for the Fall when the White colored ELITE models arrive, maybe MS will have learned from this mistake and make that revision a bit better with some more added features.
It's not a limited edition run, it's been stated several times in this thread, Major Nelson's podcast and the press release. It's a permament 3rd SKU.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 03-28-2007, 09:01 AM   #43
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Very disappointing. Confirmed that HDMI cannot be in the current system. Also, $179.99 is completely insane for a 120 GB HDD. Just nuts. Also not happy that the Premium won't ever have HDMI either.

The pricing is completly off to me. For $20 more, I can get a PS3 with a Blu-ray player.

What a disappointing official announcement.

I have a feeling these aren't going to sell like MS thinks, and MS could be really hurt by this. Somewhere Sony is working up ideas to combat it. Sony just got back in the game IMO.
I don't know if it will be that big of a deal for microsoft since they still have the first two versions for the same prices. Now if they replaced the premium 360 with this and charged the same amount then they would have something to be worried about.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 03-28-2007, 09:01 AM   #44
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman56

I do agree with you, for $20 more you can get the 20gb PS3 which on a hardware vs. hardware basis, the PS3 wins flatout.
It appears to be officially unannounced. My friend who's the store manager at my local EB told me yesterday that he's been requested to pull the 20gb PS3 SKU from their inventory. So the much rumored 20gb system being dropped by Sony who was losing more money to sell than the 60gb model appears to be true.

This could be Microsoft's justification to sell all three models.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:03 AM   #45
All Star

RockyTop1's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
It's not a limited edition run, it's been stated several times in this thread, Major Nelson's podcast and the press release. It's a permament 3rd SKU.
maybe the black is the limited edition and the white will be the permanent sku?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2007, 09:09 AM   #46
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyTop1
maybe the black is the limited edition and the white will be the permanent sku?
Possibly.

I want more info from MS on the HDMI cable. In the podcast they said everything looked the same....yeah, we know that. I want to know does it upconvert DVD's.... if not, the thing is useless.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 03-28-2007, 09:11 AM   #47
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodster
It appears to be officially unannounced. My friend who's the store manager at my local EB told me yesterday that he's been requested to pull the 20gb PS3 SKU from their inventory. So the much rumored 20gb system being dropped by Sony who was losing more money to sell than the 60gb model appears to be true.

This could be Microsoft's justification to sell all three models.
If that's the case, then MS doesn't look as bad. Still, they've done practically nothing to entice hardcore gamers to upgrade to it, which would've gone a long ways towards establishing this new version

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 03-28-2007, 09:15 AM   #48
MVP

Dondadda's Arena

OVR: 11

Wow. Just wow.

No internal wireless adapter and no new chipset????? I was waiting for both of these features before getting a 360. I can't take it seriously without these features. No HD-DVD drive is OK with me as long as this is over $100 cheaper than the 60 gb PS3, but excluding the new chipset and internal wireless is inexcusable from a mature gamer's perspective.

As if M$ wasn't already handicapping its one year head start with a clumsy and unreliable console lacking the price-point value that its competitors possess, this may just put the nail in its next-gen coffin.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »