Home

Are you buying Elite or just the 120 hard drive?

This is a discussion on Are you buying Elite or just the 120 hard drive? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Are you buying Elite or just the 120 hard drive?
Selling my old 360 for Elite 14 12.61%
Buying the Elite on Launch 4 3.60%
Buying the Elite Later (going to wait for reviews) 11 9.91%
Elite is a waste of money 64 57.66%
Buying the 120 hard drive (for the 360 you currently own) 18 16.22%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-27-2007, 10:36 AM   #41
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Are you buying Elite or just the 120 hard drive?

Roundtable #195: The Elite
Is 360 the new iPod of game consoles or an endless money pit?

David Clayman, IGN Insider: Its official, a third Xbox 360 SKU has been added to the mix. From the IGN article:

The new black $479.99 Xbox 360 comes bundled with a 120GB hard drive, has an HDMI port, and will ship to the US and Canada Sunday, April 29, 2007, Microsoft told IGN today in an interview over the phone. The new "Elite" console contains the same parts, processors and chips as the Core and Pro units, and has the same dimensions.

I wrote about this a bit at the end of last week's Roundtable but now that all the facts are out I think it warrants more discussion. Is this third 360 necessary? Will it sell? Is Microsoft just high on Halo 3 fumes? What would you want in a pimped out 360 and how much should it cost?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2007, 11:03 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman56
Roundtable #195: The Elite
Is 360 the new iPod of game consoles or an endless money pit?

David Clayman, IGN Insider: Its official, a third Xbox 360 SKU has been added to the mix. From the IGN article:

The new black $479.99 Xbox 360 comes bundled with a 120GB hard drive, has an HDMI port, and will ship to the US and Canada Sunday, April 29, 2007, Microsoft told IGN today in an interview over the phone. The new "Elite" console contains the same parts, processors and chips as the Core and Pro units, and has the same dimensions.

Basically what that's saying is this useless version of the 360 will be just as ****ed up as the rest of 'em.

Quote:
I wrote about this a bit at the end of last week's Roundtable but now that all the facts are out I think it warrants more discussion. Is this third 360 necessary? Will it sell? Is Microsoft just high on Halo 3 fumes? What would you want in a pimped out 360 and how much should it cost?
I think it's a waste for MS to even release it. If they had someone working there that had a brain, they would be focusing on an upgraded 360 with better CPU chips to fix their broken *** consoles. Honestly, if it weren't for Halo, I would never give the 360 the time of day.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:20 AM   #43
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Well, I got the HDD this morning at Walmart.

Got it for $99.99 thanks to Walmart mis-pricing, and then sold my 20 gig for $55. So I paid $45 for it. I still wouldn't pay $179.99 for it, but I figured I'm never going to get it this cheap.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 04-28-2007, 11:50 AM   #44
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Well, I got the HDD this morning at Walmart.

Got it for $99.99 thanks to Walmart mis-pricing, and then sold my 20 gig for $55. So I paid $45 for it. I still wouldn't pay $179.99 for it, but I figured I'm never going to get it this cheap.
This is the best place to buy these kind of things. The all but most of the employees working there have no idea what they are marking.

Congrats on the good find.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:10 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 21

i voted "Elite is a waste of money." lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2007, 09:37 PM   #46
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

I bought the Black Controller and battery pack from Best Buy. Funny thing is that I was there at 10:30 in the morning and there was a guy camping out already. People are nuts, funny thing is that I just called a few minutes ago and the same guy is still out all by himself.

LOL! I feel pity on the guy as it was 80 degrees here today and instead of enjoying the weather the moron spent the entire day and going into tomorrow morning in front of Best Buy. Even people at Best Buy told him that nobody is asking for the system.

I think I might try to get the Elite tomorrow, that store warranty and HDMI are whats drawing me in.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:40 PM   #47
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman56
I bought the Black Controller and battery pack from Best Buy. Funny thing is that I was there at 10:30 in the morning and there was a guy camping out already. People are nuts, funny thing is that I just called a few minutes ago and the same guy is still out all by himself.

LOL! I feel pity on the guy as it was 80 degrees here today and instead of enjoying the weather the moron spent the entire day and going into tomorrow morning in front of Best Buy. Even people at Best Buy told him that nobody is asking for the system.

I think I might try to get the Elite tomorrow, that store warranty and HDMI are whats drawing me in.
Guy is crazy and is going to really feel like an idiot tomorrow.

I know the store manager pretty well as GS and he told when it was first announced they were getting calls everyday but since than he told me nobody has called or been in asking about it. Guess some people have learned their lesson with the PS3 and eBay.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:52 PM   #48
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeTime23
Guy is crazy and is going to really feel like an idiot tomorrow.

I know the store manager pretty well as GS and he told when it was first announced they were getting calls everyday but since than he told me nobody has called or been in asking about it. Guess some people have learned their lesson with the PS3 and eBay.
The Best Buy that I visit by my work hasn't had much of anyone asking for this thing. You could tell that the guy was anti-social because I tried talking to him that nobody was asking for this thing, he pretty much ignored me. Now it's almost 9 pm here and he is the only douche waiting out there. Don't some of these people realize that people will look at this system as a 360 that they can purchase now at anytime even if they miss out on this baby. Their going to be restocking by the end of the week with more Elites.

My friend at Gamestop told me that some people have been calling, but there hasn't been that much interest. He told me today that he is going to hold one for me tomorrow if I was interested.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »