Home

On 360's spring console update

This is a discussion on On 360's spring console update within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 11:22 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
On 360's spring console update - UPDATE 05-20

Just wanted to share my own experience for the benefit of others. I noticed after the update that my soundtrack audio files no longer worked in NHL 2k7 during gameplay. I'm not sure if it's related to the 360 update but no other variables have been altered, I mean, nothing else has changed on my system which would have caused that to happen.

So, I phoned Microsoft and spoke to someone who told me to try emptying the system cache and then restarting the game. It had no effect. She was very nice, I must admit, and told me that she was going to forward this issue immediately to the "higher-ups" because there was no known instance of this happening with the 2KSports games and that because it was a pretty crucial problem she wanted time to really address it with the right people and asked me to call again in 24 hours to see what had been done. She also mentioned that they've been flooded with calls today with irate 360 users complaining about different effects this system update had had on their 360s. She apologized profusely for the inconvenience and asked that I be patient while they figured out how to fix this "obviously problematic issue".

Anyway, just wanted to share. I mentioned as well that others on ceratin forums had been having similar issues. I'll come back tomorrow with an update on the situation if anyone's interested although I might be one of a minority that actually uses the soundtrack feature on 2KSports titles.

Hope this was helpful to someone. Take care, guys.

Last edited by tinpanalley; 05-20-2007 at 12:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2007, 12:14 AM   #2
MVP

Re: On 360's spring console update

Well, a small update, but an update nonetheless...

After calling again, and providing my reference number they told me that all they could say was that it was definitely a problem (no... really?) and that it was most likely due to the spring update because she said they've had a flood of similar calls about problems since the update. She asked me to be patient and to please call back in another 2 days. That would be tomorrow. She offered a million apologies and so on and so forth but no solution has yet been found by their tech people.

So, that's all I know for now. I'll write again when I speak to them again.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:48 AM   #3
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

you should threaten that ur gonna cancel ur account with them and get some free stuff out of it
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 05-20-2007, 07:47 PM   #4
MVP

Thing is, I don't even have a Xbox Live Gold account, just the standard Silver. This problem exists outside of any online interference, though, when the game is disconnected from online. Makes it even more frustrating.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:43 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

This is a known issue that I believe was already brought up in the Spring Update thread. I'm going to lock this one up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »