Home

I Have to Ask a Question re: consoles, etc.

This is a discussion on I Have to Ask a Question re: consoles, etc. within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2007, 02:47 PM   #17
All Star

OVR: 35
Re: I Have to Ask a Question re: consoles, etc.

Caseyd, I find myself asking the same question. But when I look more closely, I can see why I feel that way.

A) While I have a job with decent pay (in my profession I could make a lot more, but work way more hours), my wife is a private school teacher, and they don't make much. Plus we have lots of expenses-student loans, mortgage, car payment, etc. We go out a lot, every Thursday night and at least once on the weekends, though it's usually at local places that aren't expensive. Still, it adds up.

B) My wife loves to travel, so a lot of our extra money is spent on taking trips. I'm more of a homebody, but marriage involves compromises. However, this summer she's using her summer job money to take a trip to Italy with a friend, so I don't think she's going to have a problem with me buying a 360 this summer (which I'm planning to do).

C) My gaming time availability is sporadic. We don't have kids and I work 40 hours a week. I'm usually able to play a hour or two at night and more on the weekends. Like I said we go out a lot, and in the summer especially, go out of town on weekends for weddings, visit friends, etc. Plus I usually hit the Y 2-3 times a week for an hour and play basketball 2 hours on Tues. and Thurs. Sometimes I've got the time and just aren't in the mood to play (though I'm sure that will change with a new 360).
Old 06-01-2007, 03:17 PM   #18
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

Video games aren't that expensive. I know some people here on OS buy a PS3, an Xbox 360, a Wii, sell the PS3 for $400, buy another PS3, buy another Xbox 360 after the first one breaks, etc. etc. But these people are far from the norm. If you've got a good job you can afford it. Heck I'm in college with almost no money. True, I haven't gone next-gen yet, but after the one time cost of $500 or so, it's only about $80 a month if you grab a couple of games and stuff.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:24 PM   #19
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
CHEESE SAUCE INSIDE A BREADSTICK?
Yes, she just finished the 3rd trial, it now lays within test groups to see if it hits the market, or needs to be tweaked. She is also working on a little desert fried dough ball covered in cinnamon that you dip in an icing for ##### and they just finished up on a project that is going to hit ##### soon ( 30 to 60 days ) A new Breakfeast wrap w/ steak, eggs, cheese etc....

Last edited by bluengold34_OS; 06-01-2007 at 09:17 PM.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:26 PM   #20
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

I don't even know how that would work!

I mean... do they squeeze it in while it's warm? But wouldn't that have issues with putting it in while it's warm?

I need to be informed!

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 06-01-2007, 03:54 PM   #21
D*d y** g*t th* m*m*?

caseyd's Arena

OVR: 16

Very cool. Thanks for the replies guys. I'm somewhat jealous.

I know we could afford it, and like I said, my wife probably wouldn't mind. She's really good about that. I just know how I go without playing one system sometimes, so 2 or 3 next gen systems for me for me would be overkill. My daughter loves the Wii and I can't stop playing GH on my PS2 (when I get the time). That's probably enough for me. All of your talk about the PS3 has me itching for one though. I better wait. lol
Animal Crossing Town: Danville
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2007, 03:58 PM   #22
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamingChef
Video games aren't that expensive. I know some people here on OS buy a PS3, an Xbox 360, a Wii, sell the PS3 for $400, buy another PS3, buy another Xbox 360 after the first one breaks, etc. etc. But these people are far from the norm. If you've got a good job you can afford it. Heck I'm in college with almost no money. True, I haven't gone next-gen yet, but after the one time cost of $500 or so, it's only about $80 a month if you grab a couple of games and stuff.
ebay is also a nice resource. I haven't bought a new game from a store since gears of war. Everything else I get off ebay for like 15-40 dollars.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:09 PM   #23
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

[quote=The GIGGAS;3147619]I don't even know how that would work!

I mean... do they squeeze it in while it's warm? But wouldn't that have issues with putting it in while it's warm?

I need to be informed![/This is how it works Giggas:

She created the sauce, and right now its almost like a Velveeta consistency. It will be firmed up a little bit with dry tasteless ingriedients. They will inject this into the new style breadstick and freeze it. It is then shipped nationwide to the locations at which time they will heat them in an oven. During the baking process the cheese will melt inside the breadstick and then be served. When we as consumers ( not me, I hate #####) bite into it, there will be an explosion of cheesy goodness that will ensue.

Last edited by bluengold34_OS; 06-01-2007 at 09:14 PM.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:10 PM   #24
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

The "explosion of cheesy goodness" sounds dangerous.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »