Home

Cables?

This is a discussion on Cables? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2007, 09:13 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Cables?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbartlett_32
Dude DO NOT buy them from a store. I hope you havent made that wasteful purchase. Go to MONOPRICE.COM. I bought 4 HD cables for $7.00 a cable. It is a digital signal and Monster cables are no better than the rum dum cables I bought. Save 50 - 100 bucks and go to monoprice.
I've heard alot of people say this, but I'm not ready to buy in to that theory. If you don't purchase $100 cables, then how do you know your $7 jobbie is just as good? In most cases, you get what you pay for. I know I purchased a $20 Phillips HDMI cable from Target, and it absolutely sucks. There is a massive amount of cracking and popping when playing the PS3, watching DVD's, or watching HD television from my Comcast DVR.

There is a reason why they are selling you a $7 cable, and it's not because they feel like being nice or because they're interested in saving you money.
Old 06-02-2007, 01:19 AM   #10
MVP

johnnyg83's Arena

OVR: 9

I disagree. I have a $14 cable and it does crack right when I turn on the Ps3. After that, it's flawless.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:52 AM   #11
MVP

dave360's Arena

OVR: 17

I'm moving this to the console discussion thread. It should have been there to begin with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2007, 12:13 PM   #12
Pro

lbartlett_32's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxChamp
I've heard alot of people say this, but I'm not ready to buy in to that theory. If you don't purchase $100 cables, then how do you know your $7 jobbie is just as good? In most cases, you get what you pay for. I know I purchased a $20 Phillips HDMI cable from Target, and it absolutely sucks. There is a massive amount of cracking and popping when playing the PS3, watching DVD's, or watching HD television from my Comcast DVR.

There is a reason why they are selling you a $7 cable, and it's not because they feel like being nice or because they're interested in saving you money.
It is a digital signal. All digital cables have to meet the same requirements or they wont work. One digital feed is no bettere or worse than the next. If it were analog signals it woould be completely different. Also, have you heard of paying for the name? Monster cables are cool looking cables. They have the gold tips, thick gray wire, very tantalizing I know, but they aren't any better than the cheapos. As for the cracking and popping, myself as well as three other friends havethae same cables and none of us have that problem.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:51 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

Another great place to pick up Very Good Quality cables at a reasonable price is Bluejeanscable.com

Great cables at a good price.

I just picked up 4 HDMI cables from them and have ordered many cables from them in the past. All top notch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »