Home

Wii vs 360: Help me decide my future gaming

This is a discussion on Wii vs 360: Help me decide my future gaming within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2007, 07:03 PM   #17
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Wii vs 360: Help me decide my future gaming

For sports games, it's really no contest. Go with the 360. It will give you the best next-gen experience for Madden, NCAA, NHL, NBA, FIFA, etc. And just because you can't afford on-line now doesn't mean you won't be able to in a year or two, so you have to take that into consideration. Over the lifetime of the console (4-5 years maybe?), the extra $150 you pay for it will more than pay for itself. And, like someone said, you don't have to pay full price ($60)for the games, if you're diligent in your research of sales papers and a little patient, or even willing to settle for used games.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:59 PM   #18
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
For sports games, it's really no contest. Go with the 360. It will give you the best next-gen experience for Madden, NCAA, NHL, NBA, FIFA, etc. And just because you can't afford on-line now doesn't mean you won't be able to in a year or two, so you have to take that into consideration. Over the lifetime of the console (4-5 years maybe?), the extra $150 you pay for it will more than pay for itself. And, like someone said, you don't have to pay full price ($60)for the games, if you're diligent in your research of sales papers and a little patient, or even willing to settle for used games.
I should buy some stock in ebay for as much as I say it's a nice source for cheap used games. I've got a bunch of games off there for 15-40 dollars. The only reason I haven't played many is that I like to complete a game before moving on to another, so I get through them slowly.

If you know what to look for, you can get used games in great condition for well under what even ebgames prices them at.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:14 PM   #19
T*rg*t F**ld

bergie56's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolus Rex
Wow, the 360 just got ahead in the competion. Only a little though. It still is more expensive and I can't use it online unless I buy the VERY VERY VERY EXPENSIVE WLAN adapter.
You can always pick up an older console wireless adapter. I had one for a while and it worked well with my 360. I think they go for $20-35 on eBay. Check the link out below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Linksys-Wireless...QQcmdZViewItem

As for your question I would go with the 360. I have both a Wii and a 360 and my 360 gets the majority of my playing time. There just isn't enough on the Wii for me to have it as my only console.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:55 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 8

I often use eBay for games. Never had any bad experience with it. I guess I will go for the 360. I will wait a little just to be cretain.

Thanks everybody for the help, the 360 seems like a much easier decision now. Allways nice to get a second opinion.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:11 AM   #21
Pro

Dealin Rams's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
I should buy some stock in ebay for as much as I say it's a nice source for cheap used games. I've got a bunch of games off there for 15-40 dollars. The only reason I haven't played many is that I like to complete a game before moving on to another, so I get through them slowly.

If you know what to look for, you can get used games in great condition for well under what even ebgames prices them at.
I'm looking to build my game collection (especially a lot of the older xbox BC and cube games), but it's important to me that they're either in brand new or at the very least great condition. Can you elaborate a bit on what you look for in an ebay auction?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2007, 09:57 AM   #22
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmanchild
I'm looking to build my game collection (especially a lot of the older xbox BC and cube games), but it's important to me that they're either in brand new or at the very least great condition. Can you elaborate a bit on what you look for in an ebay auction?
If you are concerned about condition, try half.com where sellers are required to post the condition of the item they are selling. The prices for new/like-new items aren't as good at eBay prices, but you can at least have some confidence you are getting a game in decent shape.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:18 AM   #23
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmanchild
well I mean just people who state the condition, then you can get it returned if it's not as described. I also usually only go for people with real pics in their auction. No stock photo crap. I've bought well over a dozen games off ebay, and only one was less than mint condition, but it still played great. The disc surface was cloudy looking, and wouldn't wipe off. But it only cost me like $9 to get it.

As we all know, these games are $60 each at retail. I found that people take great care of them, and make sure to point out that they are in excellent condition in auctions. But anyways, I don't even remember the last time I payed more than $35 for a game including shipping.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:06 AM   #24
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Just in regards to you having an SDTV...I have a 20" SDTV that I've had since 1995 and I plugged the 360 into it...looks great. Of course it looks even better on HDTV, but it still looks great on regular tv.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »