Home

Should I get a extended warranty w/ a PS3?

This is a discussion on Should I get a extended warranty w/ a PS3? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2007, 04:07 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 17
Should I get a extended warranty w/ a PS3?

I'm looking to pick up a PS3 but I'm not sure if I should get an extended warranty. Say one that is offered through Circuit City or Gamestop.

If this was an xbox I would buy one without any thought but I'm not so sure about a PS3. Is it a waste of money?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2007, 05:10 PM   #2
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Should I get a extended warranty w/ a PS3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod
I'm looking to pick up a PS3 but I'm not sure if I should get an extended warranty. Say one that is offered through Circuit City or Gamestop.

If this was an xbox I would buy one without any thought but I'm not so sure about a PS3. Is it a waste of money?
I would get it just to be safe.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 06-05-2007, 05:12 PM   #3
EA Game Changer

gschwendt's Arena

OVR: 12

Be that the store has an exchange in store. I don't know about CC or GS but I picked mine up at WalMart and even their extended warranty is a send-off so it's pointless since I get the same service out of Sony.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:10 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 15

I didn't bother with an extended warranty because the PS3 so far has been more reliable than the 360. It's better designed than the 360 for reliability.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:20 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I used to never get those service plans through the store until I worked at Best Buy back from late '02 to mid '03. Since then, I get them on everything I buy because I can just walk into Best Buy and get a new one right on the spot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2007, 06:41 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
I used to never get those service plans through the store until I worked at Best Buy back from late '02 to mid '03. Since then, I get them on everything I buy because I can just walk into Best Buy and get a new one right on the spot.
No best buy where I live. I don't live in the middle of no where but I don't want to drive 50 miles.

I have Target, Circuit City. I don't shop at Wal-Mart. These companies are making a huge profit of of these. I would get the Best Buy warranty because it seems to be the only one is a true replacement program. CC and others you have to deal with a 3rd party insurance company.

Sony's warranty does give you a year.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:14 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod
No best buy where I live. I don't live in the middle of no where but I don't want to drive 50 miles.

I have Target, Circuit City. I don't shop at Wal-Mart. These companies are making a huge profit of of these. I would get the Best Buy warranty because it seems to be the only one is a true replacement program. CC and others you have to deal with a 3rd party insurance company.

Sony's warranty does give you a year.
My best buy is about 40-50 miles away, round trip, and it takes 45 minutes to an hour of travel time. It's definitely worth it because for 60 bucks I'm covered for 4 years. In your situation, I don't know if it'd be worth the extra charge tacked onto the 600 bucks since you'll still not be able to simply go in-store to exchange.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:40 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
My best buy is about 40-50 miles away, round trip, and it takes 45 minutes to an hour of travel time. It's definitely worth it because for 60 bucks I'm covered for 4 years. In your situation, I don't know if it'd be worth the extra charge tacked onto the 600 bucks since you'll still not be able to simply go in-store to exchange.
NoleFan, It's been a long time that I have seen you around these forums. I'm sure you've been here all along.

Anyway, you make a fair point. There's a best buy up north. If it 4 years and only 60 then it's well worth the drive. I had no idea what it was or how much it cost.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »