Home

Connecting my Ipod to my PS3

This is a discussion on Connecting my Ipod to my PS3 within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2007, 01:11 PM   #1
MVP

ASB37's Arena

OVR: 32
Connecting my Ipod to my PS3

This may seem like a stupid question but i recently purchased a PS3 and tried to connect my Ipod to it via the usb port but it didn't seem to recognize that anything was connected...is there something im missing here? Any help is much appreciated, as i'm still learning all of the PS3's features.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2007, 02:24 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Connecting my Ipod to my PS3

Is it a video Ipod ? Plug it in and look under PHotos, Video or Music and you should see something that says "Ipod"
Old 06-11-2007, 02:42 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASB37
This may seem like a stupid question but i recently purchased a PS3 and tried to connect my Ipod to it via the usb port but it didn't seem to recognize that anything was connected...is there something im missing here? Any help is much appreciated, as i'm still learning all of the PS3's features.

IPOD work around

#1: Plug you Ipod into your PS3.

#2: Go to the music section and scroll down to USB Device (Ipod)

#3: Press triangle then click display all.

#4: Click Ipod Central then wait a second until you see music.

#5: Press Music then you will see F00 proceeding by F01 and onward.

#6: Now click F00 and you will see a list of songs.

#7: Now scroll over the song you wish to download and click triange.

#8: Now a menu will come up. Press copy.

#9: Now your song will download to your PS3. This should take less then 3 seconds.

#10: Now press circle and proceed to do the same for the rest of the songs you wish to download.

#11: When done click circle until you are back at the main music section.

#12: Disconnect your Ipod and you will see all of the song listed by albums.

The only thing that sucks about doing it this way is that you can only download one song at a time which can take a while if you have 500 songs like me. I bet sony did this on purpose so that you wouldnt take up your whole hard drive if you have a 30 gb Video like me. You can speed it up by downloading the whole folder or multiple songs from the same folder.

For example: While scrolling over F00 or any other folder press triangle then click copy and it should download everything in that folder or (my favorite) while scrolled over a song in the folder press triangle and then press up. You should see (copy multiple). Click it and select the songs you wish to download from that folder then click (OK). You should be good to go.

If you want to download your videos all you have to do if follow these same directions. Even direction #'s 4 and 5. (you have to click music) wierd I know. When you go into the folder and select the video watch it to make sure you know which video it is first. With mine the names were all messed up.

If you wish you can sort everything by artist. To do this you must scroll over one of the albums (any one) then click triangle and press up. You should be scrolled over (Group Content) if you are then press right and click which option you choose to search your music under. Press X and you should be good to go. The same should be good for videos. Except it should say (sort by) instead.

If you wish to edit the information that the song/video has posted then scroll over the song you wish to edit then click triangle then scroll down till you see (information). Click it and scroll down each item and press X to edit that information.

Everything I have shown you here today is based on my setup. I have a 30gb Ipod video, a PS3 60gb, and a USB connector cord.

This is all of the info I have found so far. I will update it with more info as I find it or you can help out and post what you have found.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:18 PM   #4
MVP

ASB37's Arena

Thanks i'll try this as soon as i get home and post my results.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:51 PM   #5
MVP

ASB37's Arena

Came home and tried it while waiting for the Motor Storm demo to download and that technique worked although those folders seemed to be completly randomn. The process wasn't so bad since it let you check off multiple songs within a folder, and if i remember correctly multiple folders. Also i was using the old model 20 GB version of the Ipod in case anyone was wondering if this worked with older models.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »