Home

Core 360 price drop to $200

This is a discussion on Core 360 price drop to $200 within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2007, 07:43 PM   #9
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Core 360 price drop to $200

that would be good news. it would force the ps3 to lower as well.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:34 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
The thing is, that story is before the story I listed.

I'm not saying that it's incorrect, but I keep hearing the price cut is coming very soon.
I've read similar statements on other websites that a price cut is imminent.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:57 PM   #11
stewaat

OVR:

Hmmm....that would be nice in case my 360 dies on me. I'm still on #1. Plus if the PS3 has to lower it's price I might be tempted to pick one up.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2007, 09:45 PM   #12
All Star

Holic's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodster
I've read similar statements on other websites that a price cut is imminent.
I've been reading the samething the past week or so. It'll happen this year, I'd say well before the holiday season. Isn't the cheaper chip coming out in the fall that'll supposedly knock the noise/heat down? Sounds about the right time to me.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:25 PM   #13
MVP

BaseballCtchr's Arena

OVR: 11

I want them to cut but only because I want ps3 to cut. Then I will get one of those. Then I can play The Show which I prefer over 2k. 2k is a nice start but still needs work.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:42 AM   #14
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCtchr
I want them to cut but only because I want ps3 to cut. Then I will get one of those. Then I can play The Show which I prefer over 2k. 2k is a nice start but still needs work.

Agreed.

Funny, even if MS doesn't have any plans for an immediate cut, large-scale coverage of the "possibility" may force their hand. MS definitley doesn't want to freeze 360 sales for several months while people wait out a rumored drop. More gas on the fire, I say, even if it isn't true! The comp would be compelled to follow suit.

199 + Halo 3 = MS's knockout blow this X-Mas unless Sony goes ahead with the Foreman Grill functionality rumored for the holiday firmware update...

Last edited by HMcCoy; 06-13-2007 at 02:50 AM.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:41 AM   #15
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
Agreed.

Funny, even if MS doesn't have any plans for an immediate cut, large-scale coverage of the "possibility" may force their hand. MS definitley doesn't want to freeze 360 sales for several months while people wait out a rumored drop. More gas on the fire, I say, even if it isn't true! The comp would be compelled to follow suit.

199 + Halo 3 = MS's knockout blow this X-Mas unless Sony goes ahead with the Foreman Grill functionality rumored for the holiday firmware update...
Interesting though here in Asia Macca...the 360 really hasn't taken off.

A lot of the big malls in Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore had 360's...but there were so many complaints about faulty systems / red rings of death / 360's not working...and it's VERY hard to get one fixed here...that a lot of the shops now simply refuse to sell 360's anymore.

Games are almost impossible to find...except old copies.

Converserly, the PS3 is really taking off and being promoted heavily.

The fact games for PS3 are region free also means games from everywhere are available here...Japan, the USA, local.

I am leaning towards getting a PS3 for these reasons.

There was a real chance for MS to capitalise on the market here...but too many faulty 360's has killed that chance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2007, 04:50 AM   #16
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision
Interesting though here in Asia Macca...the 360 really hasn't taken off.

A lot of the big malls in Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore had 360's...but there were so many complaints about faulty systems / red rings of death / 360's not working...and it's VERY hard to get one fixed here...that a lot of the shops now simply refuse to sell 360's anymore.

Games are almost impossible to find...except old copies.

Converserly, the PS3 is really taking off and being promoted heavily.

The fact games for PS3 are region free also means games from everywhere are available here...Japan, the USA, local.

I am leaning towards getting a PS3 for these reasons.

There was a real chance for MS to capitalise on the market here...but too many faulty 360's has killed that chance.
Bottom line Monk is that the PS3 numbers are brutal, with no current supply constraints, and getting worse by the month. If you buy one, that's cool..it's an awesome machine...but red rings or no, a $200 360 would flat out incinerate a $600 PS3 in every region that doesn't begin with a J, and much like we're already seeing...the devs will always cater to the bigger installed base.

I don't know how accurate the VGChartz are...but after a full 7 months on the market, the PS3 STILL hasn't busted a million outside of US/Japan, which I'm assuming includes Asian sales. According to some sales figures, it isn't "taking off" anywhere, bro...and in other news, the Wii is hammering both consoles in your neck of the woods...

Last edited by HMcCoy; 06-13-2007 at 04:57 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »