Home

PS3 Controllers Holding Up?

This is a discussion on PS3 Controllers Holding Up? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2007, 03:41 AM   #1
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30
PS3 Controllers Holding Up?

I've only had my PS3 for about a month now. And if there's one thing I miss about my deceased 360, it was how sturdy and compact the controller was. I could run that thing over with my car and it'd be fine.

With this PS3 controller, anytime I play with any button-mashing intensity, it's like all creaking and bending ... I tempted to say it's a piece of crap. I'm almost certain I could bust the thing in half if I tried.

At $50 a pop, it's not quite as easy to just 'go buy another one' like you could for the PS2. Yet, looking back, I must have gone through a good five PS2 controllers - and it's only me playing. This has me concerned.

What's the word on these things holding up for you guys so far?

Last edited by Village Idiot; 06-13-2007 at 03:47 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2007, 10:29 AM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: PS3 Controllers Holding Up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
I've only had my PS3 for about a month now. And if there's one thing I miss about my deceased 360, it was how sturdy and compact the controller was. I could run that thing over with my car and it'd be fine.

With this PS3 controller, anytime I play with any button-mashing intensity, it's like all creaking and bending ... I tempted to say it's a piece of crap. I'm almost certain I could bust the thing in half if I tried.

At $50 a pop, it's not quite as easy to just 'go buy another one' like you could for the PS2. Yet, looking back, I must have gone through a good five PS2 controllers - and it's only me playing. This has me concerned.

How hard are you mashing the buttons?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-13-2007, 10:49 AM   #3
I love meaty chics

ac11367's Arena

OVR: 7

I remember playing Fight Night Rd 2 regularly, and I went through 3 PS2 controllers. Luckily I have the Gamestop/EBGames $3 controllers warranty. On the XBox360, I also play FN Rd 3 regularly, and that controller is holding up just fine.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:17 AM   #4
MVP

ausar72's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated

I hate that creaking sound!

Also it DOES feel like it's about to split in two in my hands. And I don't get to play it as often as I'd like...
Old 06-13-2007, 12:32 PM   #5
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

haha yeah i noticed mine cracking quite a bit while playing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2007, 08:15 PM   #6
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Countryboy: I don't think I'm mashing any harder than anyone else. I'm just worried that these controllers have no better durability than the old ones, and with them costing more than twice as much, I don't like that idea one bit.

But, if they're holding up okay for everyone then I guess we just have to wait and see. But I can't stress it enough: the idea of dropping an extra $200-$300 (or god forbid, more) on controllers over the next four or five years seems downright absurd.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:25 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Well I feel like I put the PS3 controller to the test tonight playing "the show". I slammed it a few times and then I twisted the control to the snapping point. The controller still works, but the case has some "stretch" marks and the led no longer works, guess I will go buy another one. D'OH!!

PSN:LionsFan20
XBL:TheLionsFan20
Old 06-14-2007, 02:54 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac11367
I remember playing Fight Night Rd 2 regularly, and I went through 3 PS2 controllers. Luckily I have the Gamestop/EBGames $3 controllers warranty. On the XBox360, I also play FN Rd 3 regularly, and that controller is holding up just fine.
How hard are you guys using these joysticks. I play has many sports games has the next guy and I'm still using the controller that came with my PS2. What are you guys doing,stepping on them when a play doesn't go your way?

I'm not trying to start anything by saying that. And I'm not trying to bash anybody. I'm just wondering.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »